rugbyunion
Latest News:

Differences of opinion
compo simonite (IP Logged)
17 September, 2018 21:21
I know that all those who post their thoughts on this forum have at their heart the wish to see the Blues succeed and prosper, I also appreciate the we all have our own ideas on how that can be achieved..........as Mrs S says ‘its call having a difference of opinion’ me and Mrs S ocassonaly have differences of opinion.....

It follows that one persons contribution may be to them a deeply held belief and to others it may appear as ‘moaning’.......we thankfully all have differences of opinion on all of the things that affect our two shared passions the Blues and the sport we follow rugby........thankfully, because it makes us stronger as a club.........

There are those I suspect who have posted on here those often used last words .......’because of this or that this will be my last post’...........I suspect they secretly visit ‘the pond' just to see how we are doing........

I would urge them and us all to accept the we each have different views on our club and we should post our thoughts according ......... .......but if there are those that feel that parts of our club deserve criticism this forum must accept that as well......

Bedford is a rugby town, it has one of the best clubs in rugby with some of the most knowledgeable supporters it deserves to have one of the best fans forum......

Re: Differences of opinion
Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 09:31
This sounds great Compo - but tell those who think its acceptable to attack me because my opinion differs from theirs.

To be honest sick of their blue tinted glasses, that they constantly round on those who have different opinions as moaning.

To me they are everything that's wrong with the club not right - luddites firmly rooted in the past.

I'm not sure they want change or have ambition.

Ambition to them equals moaning - it's not that!

As I have always said ambition is essential to any sporting club and currently the blues have created their own glass ceiling with no plan to go any further.

That said, I will always love & support the club as they are. I respect the efforts of those who run it. But not those who don't accept criticism or others opinions!

Welshblues (IP Logged)
26 September, 2018 14:15
Quote:
Luton_Blue
This sounds great Compo - but tell those who think its acceptable to attack me because my opinion differs from theirs.
To be honest sick of their blue tinted glasses, that they constantly round on those who have different opinions as moaning.

To me they are everything that's wrong with the club not right - luddites firmly rooted in the past.

As I have always said ambition is essential to any sporting club and currently the blues have created their own glass ceiling with no plan to go any further.

That said, I will always love & support the club as they are. I respect the efforts of those who run it. But not those who don't accept criticism or others opinions!

Well said

iron blue (IP Logged)
26 September, 2018 16:54
Quote:
Welshblues
Quote:
Luton_Blue

Well said
Well said? the only thing he ever he does is criticise, he never offers anything that is constructive. He had his opportunity to sell us his big vision, ambition, mission statement what ever you want to call it, and what did it amount to? Becoming a feeder club for Northampton and sticking up a few posters in Luton. Yeah that will get the crowds in.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
26 September, 2018 18:44
Why should I have a big vision surely that’s up to the club not me?

The club should have a mission statement not written by me

But actually we’ll donr mate you’ve proven my point by rounding on me again! Nice one! winking smiley

Am I bothered, remember I’m from Luton smiling smiley we don’t get bothered!

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
26 September, 2018 21:30
Face bothered, face bothered.....lol

Anyway with regards the thread there are many;
Management structure
Ticket prices/ no concessions
Player recruitment/retention
Team selection
Game management
Covered Terrace
Umbrellas
Beer prices
Facilities/ stand
Marquee
Academy/ Development teams
Ambition
Dual registration
Food

All of us on here have our own thoughts on these and many more topics, but we should all accept that not everyone will agree on what we say. I’d be the first to admit that I’ve been quite open about my thinking on a lot of aspects over the years, but quite honestly I’ve got more important things to focus on at this time. I’d have more interest in the Blues if I was clear on the ambition or plans for the club over the next few years. Some visibility on this would be good, maybe senior leadership positions within the club need to be a bit more open about this with the supporters, that’s if there is a plan.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2018 08:25 by Jonathan Wilcox.

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
27 September, 2018 03:25
Two things on player retention. Booj was paid a lot more than estimates earlier. Lure of the Prem.
One other was offered a Prem contract but turned it down for regular rugby and better all round terms.

iron blue (IP Logged)
27 September, 2018 05:47
I would like to see confessions, the only sensible suggestion I have seen on here lately was a reduction on ticket prices for the under 25's which I think was suggested by Try Blues. He or she is absolutely right we do have an ageing fan base and need to do more to encourage younger fans. Maybe more involvement with local schools would help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net