rugbyunion
Latest News:

Game Management Etc
Blue33Years (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 10:17
Frustrated.

London Irish game

Start with a mostly second string pack and a rookie at scrum half
James Lennon obviously told to kick for position for most of first 30 mins.

Ed/Alex? then conclude that Irish are not that good. Few scores behind by then.

Overpowered their pack second half. Camped on their line against a depleted pack (yellow/red cards), receiving many penalties and we opt for lineouts?

London Scottish

Adamson injury. Replacement was the smallest guy in the team. This with a 10 sitting on the bench at a utility player at 10 on the field. Great for the big Scottish right wing. He had a ball.

I consider that James Lennon can consider himself hard done by in both games.

Who is/ are the guys making these game plans and decisions?

By the way. Blues were out on their feet with 10mins remaining. Fitness levels?

Re: Game Management Etc
compo simonite (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 16:27
You are not alone with your opinion its often discussed by those sit near me......

iron blue (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 18:37
I wasnít at the Irish game so canít comment. With regard to yesterdays game I think your assessment is pretty much spot on particullay with regard to their winger. They seemed to go through us every time on that side of the pitch, without anything being done about it. Not sure I agree with your comment on the fitness levels, when you consider the amount of phases the boys went through in those last couple of minutes I didn't think there was to much wrong with their fitness. However someone said on another post that a sickness bug had gone through the squad, maybe that had an impact.

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
30 September, 2018 20:47
Is it not M.R.A.D that picks the team and decides the game plan? Not that he will ever hold his hands up and admit that he got it wrong.....lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/09/2018 21:56 by Jonathan Wilcox.

blueherts (IP Logged)
01 October, 2018 00:22
"Bedford Blues were left feeling quite literally sick at full time on Saturday afternoon as they went down 23-26 to London Scottish at Goldington Road.

Illness had swept through the Blues ranks during the week," (from the Club match report.)

I'm not surprised fitness levels were down.
How fit would you feel if you had been throwing up all week?

Blue33Years (IP Logged)
01 October, 2018 07:07
Apologies for the fitness comment. I was not aware of the sickness problem.

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
01 October, 2018 08:39
Was Nos ok?

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
01 October, 2018 11:07
I had the chilli and I'm tip top.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net