rugbyunion
Latest News:

College Boys In Town
Blues Brothers (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 12:16
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: College Boys In Town
dunc999 (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 12:21
I'm hoping for a win by more than a point for a change!!!! Although given our like of never making it easy for ourselves I'm not counting any chickens!!

Bluer Than Ever (IP Logged)
26 October, 2018 14:08
From Hartpury site:

Hartpury have named a heavily re-shuffled side for tomorrow’s visit to Bedford Blues, as they respond to injury and unavailability.

The good news is that experienced players Luke Eves (centre) and Mat Gilbert (back row) have recovered sufficiently to be named, having been considered doubtful earlier in the week.

The front row of Murphy, Tanner and Harden has a settled look, although there is a surprise in the second row, where former Hartpury student and RFC player, Harry Casson, lines up alongside skipper Simon Linsell. Casson – who last played for Hartpury in National League 2 several seasons ago – has arrived on an emergency loan move from Ealing Trailfinders.

With Rob Fuller, Joe Quinn, Alex Craig and last week’s MOTM Ehize Ehizode all unavailable to Hartpury through injury or other reasons, the arrival of Casson provides a welcome and much-needed resource in this department.

James Stephenson and Tom Pashley join Gilbert to form the breakaway unit.

Luke Cozens renews his partnership with Richard Bolt at fly-half, with Sam Leeming stepping out to centre, alongside Eves. Ed Shelford is in for the injured Jake Henry on the wing, joining Ben Foley and Mike Wilcox in the back three.

The bench has a youthful look. Robbie Smith – son of former Gloucester and Scotland flanker, Ian – provides cover for the outside backs and is in line for his Championship debut following his involvement in the big BUCS Super Rugby win, at Durham, on Wednesday. Smith is a first year undergraduate who has returned to Hartpury this season, having previously figured in AASE rugby.

Another student from Wednesday’s win, back row forward Harry Wilson, also steps up to the Championship for the first time. Wilson, a former Gloucester Academy player, was involved in the successful BUCS-winning teams of 2017 and 2018.

Two further undergraduates, Alex Gibson and Angus Southon, are others to double-up from the Durham match, while recent graduates Luke Stratford and Harry Cochrane complete the line-up.

Saturday’s game at Goldington Road kicks off at 3pm and is the last Championship fixture before Christmas, as the new Championship Cup takes over for the next several weeks.

iron blue (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 18:56
Got out of jail today, still nice to win when we don’t play that well. Good result lads well done.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
27 October, 2018 20:05
We seem to be letting teams back in this season rather than killing the games off.

Yaffle (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 09:44
I do not like the Hartpury College 'model'.
Yesterday there were no supporters, no directors or club officers, no presence. In this respect they bring nothing to the spirit of club rugby in the Championship. Heaven knows what it must be like to visit them as an away club supporter.
That said, one cannot but admire the terrific squad unity - the noise from the pitch and their benches demonstrated real commitment to one another. They are a much better side than their current position suggests. Bear in mind that Hartpury currently have as big, if not bigger, injury list as Bedford.
That they should have lost out yesterday by that unfortunate kick at the death was to have let Bedford off the proverbial hook.

iron blue (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 10:34
It’s actually a good trip to Hartpury. Once you get past the turnstile (which is like a trip to Robinson pool) they have a really good bar (student pricing). The ground is good, lots of seating if you want it, good food and a good playing surface. They had a good crowd as well, would recommend it.

Highlights from yesterday and a post match interview with Mark Flanagan
[vimeo.com]

Miss Rugby (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 11:13
Attended yesterdays game and quite frankly I thought both sides were awful which made for an appalling game.
Lets hope Bedford improve or its going to be a very long season.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 11:57
I actually thought first half we were getting back to our best, other than the maul. 2nd half was not good.

The loss of Ocampo and Clare hasn't helped the scrum. Clare makes a huge difference with his scrummaging ability.

Coulson also looked a lot more of a threat than Elliott.

Hooley's kicking seems to have improved as well and has been vital the last couple of games.

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 13:59
In the absence of C3PO Rich Lane is my new favourite player. Better than Skippy. Ducks....

TryBlues (IP Logged)
28 October, 2018 14:04
Was it just me or did it look like we had a stop clock at the game? A few times when I looked at the scoreboard I thought I saw STOP when there was a stop in play. Could be wrong.

dunc999 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2018 07:41
Very good 1st half, apart from trying to defend the rolling maul, and a great first 5-10 of the 2nd when I really thought we were going to blow them away, then we tailed off.

"Interesting" performance from Sir, we were dominating the scrum 2nd half winning penalty after penalty, then he inexplicably gives them three on the trot which got them up the field for their final shot at goal, which fortunately for us went wide.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net