rugbyunion
Latest News:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Quite on here......
compo simonite (IP Logged)
04 November, 2018 20:46
No wonder its quite on here......according to my calculation’s it will be next year before Goldington Road will see any ‘real rugby’ .......and by that I mean Championship Rugby.......

Oh for the return to ‘old fashioned’ rugby with fourteen and sixteen teams in the league and a home game every other week........happy days

Re: Quite on here......
Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 09:30
Yep a pointless cup competition to see us through the next month or so, yawn..,.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 12:35
Its because I've got nothing to moan about....

dunc999 (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 17:00
The cup comp really has put a downer on the season IMO. I quite enjoyed the B&I but can't get excited about playing the same 3 over the next two months. I'm even going to my daughter's parents evening instead of the Hartpury game, which I wouldn't have it was a league game!! Looking forward to going to Richmond on the 22nd.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
05 November, 2018 21:11
The most exciting thing about it is, is the way how they made all the games local derbies to drum up interest... except for Bedford who should've been swapped with Jersey... but it is easier for Jersey to get the plane to London so we get punished.

05 November, 2018 21:41
[www.bedfordrugby.co.uk]

Mr Irvine has had his say on the Championship Cup see above link......

TryBlues (IP Logged)
06 November, 2018 22:02
Desperate to try and get fans to turn up... it's a long time getting little income will low crowds.

Riverman (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 13:23
I also have no interest in this competition.

blueherts (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 16:26
Come on - give credit where it's due.
The RFU should be congratulated on coming up with the Championship Cup.
I really didn't think they could dream up anything more uninspiring than the Boring and Irrelevant Cup - but they have managed it. Genius! (Sm161)

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 18:09
They should have done a premiership A teams vs championship clubs cup?

iron blue (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 18:48
Quote:
compo simonite
http://www.bedfordrugby.co.uk/content/championship-cup-chairmans-view
Mr Irvine has had his say on the Championship Cup see above link......
Apart from the two dogs he must be the only one who’s taking it seriously. At least they will get a run out.

Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 18:55
Anyone going to Cornwall? Anyone?

07 November, 2018 19:32
This topic is getting similar comments on Rolling Maul.........the best suggestion I think is this one by

‘Capt Sparrow
How about instead of predicting the results we try to predict the lowest crowds! Dogs not allowed to be counted’

So how do you think it will affect our attendances?

08 November, 2018 21:11
Gonna save my money, not interested in this competition.

bluegrass (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 22:08
Better than shopping no brainer for me.

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 11:44
if they don't reduce the ticket prices - forget it

09 November, 2018 13:49
No more than £15...

13 November, 2018 18:40
[www.championshiprugby.co.uk]

It’s still quite on here......very little chat about the CP game on here did any one go..... are any of you going to the Friday game?

I put the above link to the announcement of the competition, I will draw to your attention that this competition is with us for two years, hopefully that’s long enough for the fans to grow to like it

bluegrass (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 20:24
I'll be going, Friday night rugby few beers no brainer for me

TryBlues (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 21:11
I hope after a disastrous 1st phase they will rethink for next year. If they had at least included the Irish A teams it would have provided us with something different to playing the same teams all the time.

mellsblue (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 21:32
Quote:
TryBlues
I hope after a disastrous 1st phase they will rethink for next year. If they had at least included the Irish A teams it would have provided us with something different to playing the same teams all the time.
The Irish A teams are doing something far more exciting:

[munsterrugby.ie]

I wonder if Ben Foden could get the Blues a game in New York.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
13 November, 2018 21:43
I think part of the reason why the BIC was stopped was because it gave the Irish A teams a better standard of rugby to aid their development. The RFU probably thought this wasn't a good idea.

14 November, 2018 16:52
TryBlues it will not who we play against that will indicate the success of this competition, but how many people who turn up to watch it, and it follows that next year how many people buy a season ticket which include three games in a little known competition ......

iron blue (IP Logged)
14 November, 2018 18:31
Definitely be there Friday looking forward to it, beer, rugby, curry what’s not to like. Check out the tries Deano’s is sublime as was the lad at scrum half. And yes Compo looks like there could have been some blues fans there.

[vimeo.com]

14 November, 2018 18:50
Me too Iron Blue.....Season Ticket in hand and cheering the boys on..........and will be hoping for a good turnout...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net