rugbyunion
Latest News:

Carnegie Go Through
Blues Brothers (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 11:09
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Carnegie Go Through
Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 18:31
Think we were concentrating on the league from the kick off.

iron blue (IP Logged)
04 February, 2019 21:03
A meagre 365 were at Carnegie but at least they turned up which is more than can be said for the team. It was the worst performance I have seen in a long time from a Bedford side, no heart, no passion, no guts and quite frankly looked totally uninterested. Restored a small amount of pride in the 2nd half but it was too little too late. If they play anything like that on Saturday they will get absolutely hammered. To be fair to YC they were well worth the win and totally ruthless but must have thought all their Christmases had come at once.

mellsblue (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 08:27
I think we need to take into account that it was not a first choice team. It also doesn’t help when your 9 has such a mare. He’ll learn from it but that’s not much help at the time. Defence was also all over the shop, especially through 10 channel - can’t blame Robling as he wasn’t stationed there much in d - and on the edges where they made ground at will. Hopefully Adamson wont be tried at 15 again. If he must be then he needs a lot of work on the training paddock. Spoke to someone in the crowd who knows him well, and to their knowledge he has never played there before. It was a big ask of him, if that’s true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2019 08:33 by mellsblue.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 13:36
Watching interviews after Blues beat Coventry and Irish was mentioned first before Yorkshire. It is often the case with Blues that we have a poor game either before or after the one that we are actually focussing on and that is the 1st place team.

It would not surprise me if we turned over Irish but I think we need to go up the slope 1st half.

Adamson has played at FB.

iron blue (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 17:58
Agreed Try blues, and that was at the back of my mind travelling up the M1. Typical Bedford really, lets not worry about the possibility of getting into a semi final and earning an additional £10k and turning up for the fans who made the trip. No, lets put all our efforts into trying to beat London Irish which won't actually benefit us at all but would do Ealing a massive favour. Reminds me of the way we approached the play of semi against Worcester. One highlight on Sunday though was watching Lee Dickson give their scrum half and 8 a lesson in how to scrummage, really funny.

mellsblue (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 21:07
Quote:
TryBlues
Watching interviews after Blues beat Coventry and Irish was mentioned first before Yorkshire. It is often the case with Blues that we have a poor game either before or after the one that we are actually focussing on and that is the 1st place team.
It would not surprise me if we turned over Irish but I think we need to go up the slope 1st half.

Adamson has played at FB.
If he’s played there before then he made a real horlicks of it.

compo simonite (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 22:17
Bedford always perform better when faced with a team which is perceived to be better than us.......conversely we perform badly against teams placed lower in the league than us.....Bedford clearly underestimated Leeds recent improvement in form albeit against lesser opposition.......

If we have to suffer this ‘carbuncle’ of a competition another year........perhaps we could be allowed to buy our season tickets with and without the cup bit, with a reduced price for the latter......

I have read elsewhere that one of the Blues followers was given the task of counting the attendance on Sunday.......if that’s true.......who was it?

TryBlues (IP Logged)
05 February, 2019 23:15
I am sure that was a joke, when we were losing so heavily and the low crowd (367 I think) being announced, all we had was the cut of the gate... As a Leeds fan suggested it was more like 500 then the best decision would be to send people to count to make sure we could afford the bus travel for the day.

To be honest being out the cup and having to go away for the next 2 matches if we had progressed isn't such a bad thing. We can hopefully focus on the league and try to keep our 3rd from last year.

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 12:36
The cup was a joke anyway, the prem have a similar joke of a cup. We need to focus on the league and hopefully finish in the same position as last season. But at the moment something isn't right and we need to fix it fast otherwise we'll drop down the league. Our points difference isn't very good for a team sitting top end of the table....

Yaffle (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 17:44
For everything that is good about Bedford rugby over recent years, defence is not amongst the top credits.
With a better defensive game Bedford would be a permanent top four Championship side.
A priority for the club should be the appointment of a good defence coach.

Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 20:05
Yep agreed, although I thought better of posting it, cos I know I’d get shot down if I start criticising the coaching set up at the Blues.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
06 February, 2019 20:15
Our defence compared to other teams except the last 2 games has actually been quite good. I do think we are lazy in defence though getting into position.

We are particularly vulnerable when the play switches and we often have a huge blindside to defend with about 2 or 3 players v 6 or 7 opponents. Luckily opposition teams rarely spot this!

compo simonite (IP Logged)
07 February, 2019 22:11
JW
‘Yep agreed, although I thought better of posting it, cos I know I’d get shot down if I start criticising the coaching set up at the Blues.’

JW are you man or a mouse?

almostatyke (IP Logged)
09 February, 2019 21:28
Quote:
iron blue
One highlight on Sunday though was watching Lee Dickson give their scrum half and 8 a lesson in how to scrummage, really funny.

Thank you for educating our third choice scrum half (our second choice is representing England U20):

[www.yorkshirecarnegie.com]

iron blue (IP Logged)
10 February, 2019 07:50
Well hopefully the lad learned something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net