rugbyunion
Latest News:

Season 2020-21
compo simonite (IP Logged)
18 April, 2019 10:50
With just two games of the current season to go, the format of the 2019 -20 season already decided........but what of season 2020-21 and onwards?

Ok we discussed this before concerning returning to a 14 club league and the departure of any form of cup ........but what about clubs having to publish at the start of the season a list of players they will be using......and how about a limit on the number of ‘loan’ players.?

Comments please....

Re: Season 2020-21
Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
18 April, 2019 13:08
A ban on loan players would be backward step for rugby given it gives younger players the chance for competitive rugby rather than bench sitting

22 April, 2019 14:08
Luton in my post I said ‘limit’ not ‘ban’ loan players, my thoughts were it would stop the practice of clubs importing players to avoid relegation or to gain promotion.......

Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
22 April, 2019 18:16
Then that’s not a bad thing? Is it? Is our relationship with Saracens still special? Please though no more pre season friendlies with them smiling smiley

mellsblue (IP Logged)
23 April, 2019 07:59
I agree with CS. You just have to look at how Hartpury have avoided relegation to see that the loan system is open to abuse. A bit of subtle tweaking wouldn’t go amiss. I’m all for youngsters trying to bridge the gap between academy and 1st XV by getting experience in the Champ and for Champ clubs to save some money on wages whilst providing a better ‘product’, but Hartpury fielding a loan player who has been in an England training squad and other loan players with years of Prem experience is against the spirit of the rules.

Yaffle (IP Logged)
23 April, 2019 10:20
Hartpury and Leeds (I cannot, will not, use their other ridiculous name) have both abused the spirit of 'fair play' by bringing in or, in the case of Leeds, buying in players to help them stave off relegation. I feel that Richmond have been a most unfortunate victim of this disreputable action. Richmond, since their promotion a couple of years back, have stood by their laudable principles and have been a credit to the game and the Championship.

23 April, 2019 14:48
And what are the thoughts on what and how to replace the Championship Cup........

mellsblue (IP Logged)
23 April, 2019 18:37
Cup comp with ProD2, Welsh Prem or (wishful thinking) the MLR.

TryBlues (IP Logged)
24 April, 2019 19:23
One of the biggest issues is the transfer deadline is so late. It is the same date as the Premiership yet we finish end of April and they play on till June. The transfer deadline should be moved 1 month earlier again now there are no playoffs.

24 April, 2019 21:07
Luton ‘Is our relationship with Saracens still special? ‘

I have never really understood the ‘special relationship’ I assume that there are many hidden bonuses that us mortals don’t see, however MR could lose a DR on Tuesday and then have to spend till Saturday from elsewhere who have little chance of fit in to the Blues tactics.....

Try Blues.......a most excellent comment on the transfer deadline..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net