Latest news:

AGM 2019
Discussion started by compo simonite , 11 June, 2019 09:23
AGM 2019
compo simonite 11 June, 2019 09:23
Its AGM time at the Blues......not going myself because of health problems (not mine) but if someone on here is going could they please give us a report.....

Re: AGM 2019
Jonathan Wilcox 11 June, 2019 20:55
Itís by invitation only these days, even if you do have shares it seems and all very secret squirrel.....

Luton_Blue 12 June, 2019 06:37
Any news? Yes, very secret - could have gone, have been before but didnít.

It would be nice if they did a little report on the website

Magoo 12 June, 2019 09:28
Quote:
Jonathan Wilcox
Itís by invitation only these days, even if you do have shares it seems and all very secret squirrel.....

If you have shares and you didn't get an invitation contact the company secretary to make sure they have your correct address for your allocation. The former statutory requirement to lay accounts before the general meeting has been replaced by a provision requiring them to be sent to the members.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2019 09:46 by Magoo.

Jonathan Wilcox 14 June, 2019 17:44
Thanks Magoo

Deerhunter 14 June, 2019 23:50
As a shareholder I was notified by letter an email, there were also posts in both Facebook and Twitter,, so you need to check your contact details.
One interesting bit of news from the meeting was that the regular fixture list does not commence until the 21st of September and the first three games will be cup matches.

TryBlues 15 June, 2019 09:09
The first few games are generally not as well supported due to holidays etc and with the World Cup it makes sense.

Jonathan Wilcox 15 June, 2019 19:59
Cup, what cup?

compo simonite 16 June, 2019 14:59
The problem of the AGM is that some confuse the season ticket with being a shareholder....equally the club should have written to all shareholders last known address asking how they the shareholder wanted to be informed about The Blues Ltd meetings AGMís, EGMís etc ....

The club has many thousands of shareholders for the club to keep in contact with, I suggest its a nightmare, people move address, change the emails, and regretfully pass away, how many of us would list Blues Shares amongst their assets or even in a will........not that I suspect they will ever be worth anything.......but the Company Secretary should be informed......of any changes.....

A large number of our shareholders donít even come to the club any more, like Mrs Compo she brought shares at a time when we needed to save the club and it was her way of helping, my best friend holds just one share and has only been to one game, he brought it when he was a Borough Councillor....we are many and varied......

As for being informed by Facebook, or Twitter I would guess many shareholder like me have never ventured into the Ďdark artí of how they work.....

It must be a nightmare for the club.....keeping tabs on us....

Luton_Blue 16 June, 2019 16:48
So we still donít know what was said? Still a secret? Jeez!

Deerhunter 18 June, 2019 11:55
Honestly it was as normal a standard AGM the accounts get approved and directors stand down and get re-elected or not as the case may be.
The only news worth noting was about the fixture list. AGMís are procedural and not discussion forums. I do think you are over reacting to the lack of reporting, If you are a shareholder then get yourself to the next AGM,.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net