rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Sunday 21st September v Northampton Saints at Kingston Park, 2.00pm (Live on BT Sport)

Sunday 28th September v Wasps at Adams Park, 2.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 18-20 London Irish

The relegation fight is on!
FalconsRugby.org.uk (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 09:12
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: The relegation fight is on!
citizen-slacker (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 09:39
1) You don't mess with the Fondse;

2) Something was mentioned earlier in the week that referees watch the worst offending teams during their briefing/debriefing sessions & I though Doyle was mighty fast to penalise us intially, but L.I. later on for not rolling away or hanging on;

3) Turn overs, outstanding;

4) Since Archer hung up his boots & Mark Andrews went back to South Africa, we have lacked physicality. No team feared us, many disrespected us. Yesterday the Falcons found their inner dog, and it is a pit bull. Tenacious, ocassionally vicious, but bit back when threatened & did not back off;

5) Defence wins championships, allegedly. Defence is going to keep us out of the championship, superb work done there;

6) Officials - nice that Delon was talking to them rather than assaulting them (Sm161) - they missed the wide kick (I think it would have hit the post & therefore unlikely to have scored) & what I believe was a forward pass (not the only one either) from Armitage to get their try, I appreciate that the players are young & professional but the touch judge & ref had no chance of keeping up with play & missed it;

7) Job well done.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 10:27
This seems a good opportunity to thank Leipy for his excellent reports which over the last few years have kept this site going more than anything else. They always mirror the feelings of the supporters in good times & bad, and this report is up-beat & cheerful.

The sun is shining on the beautiful Northumbrian countryside outside our dining room window as I type, everything seems well in the world, and it is all a little bit more enjoyable after reading about yesterday's very significant & glorious day out at KP.

Seven games left, and some of them are going to leave us just as cheerful, one of them will leave us ecstatic.

19 February, 2012 10:27
8) I wish I was less drunk when I bumped in to Alex Tait and Will Welch last night. Both denying who they were. It was definitely them. Good lads.

Bede (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 12:10
Yes, excellent reports. I cannot always remember the order of events. From the east stand, their conversion was wide.

19 February, 2012 12:31
SO that makes a total of two people in the ground that thought it went over...

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 14:37
To be fair, one of the touch judges didn't seem too sure.
(Sm100)

DB23 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 14:53
Monkey1
Yes, a lot of thanks are due to Leipy for his excellent reporting. I often wondered how you can write such a descriptive report whilst supporting your team so passionately. I couldn't do it; my reports would be so one-eyed and biased as to be ridiculous!

Leipziger (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 17:34
Why don't you write one DB and let us judge? More fresh content by new people the better!

The South Stand Choir (NEW POST: Match preview: Newcastle Falcons v Northampton Saints):

http://thesouthstandchoir.wordpress.com

Big TV test.

19 February, 2012 17:41
I was just thinking it'd be hilarious to have a totally partisan version. As good as leipy's are.

DB23 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 18:15
Leipy
I don't wish to be judged, thanks!
Hmm. If I did, there would be gaps. I have a restricted view by virtue of watching the match through the bottom of a beer glass.
I'll try an abbreviated, completely partial, version at the next home game (thanks for that, 35 seconds!)

jonnya27 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 19:17
brilliant match yesterday and excellent result - well done Falcons! Jimmy G was on fire! Great stuff from Euan and Jamie too!

steve1888 (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 19:23
It was a very hard fought win and you can see the team are really up for it.

It's nice to see us getting the turnovers and although nowhere near perfect they're improving every week.

And well done to Ryan Shortland for doing what I told him (from the talk in wed).

Great win and great day out at KP incl Mike Memphis in The Hiding Place.

Falconfan (IP Logged)
19 February, 2012 21:41
Anyone else notice Euan having a chat with Jimmy before he took his place kicks in the second half. Wonder what he was saying!

nursepete (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 09:54
With regard to the conversion that was'nt, if one of the touch judges was not sure then how was it given? I stand on the east stand terrace and you could see Jamie Helluer (?) askingthe touch judge why it was given also.
Regardless of this, I thought our effort was excellent, and the way we dug in for each other was excellent, the side showed passion and pride for each other and did not panic when behind and played intelligently and patiently in the second half.
In the end the win was for the right team and mirroring many sentiments on here - the fightback is ON.

Also, loved the great escape music after the final whistle! Well done to the club for that!

jarrowlad (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 10:29
the conversion by LI which seemed to drift did drift wide. we were bang on behaind posts and watched it sail past the uptright.,,,only to then watch in horror as judges put their flags up...not sure what they were watching..shocking decision !!

they certainly got a lot of suggestions and tips on what they should be doing the next time they stood behind the posts....

armitage on the highlights clearly give fitzy a forearm smash to the face in second half...chance of him being sighted? none...

good win against a strong LI team.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 10:51
We arrived late so were stood on east side of the south stand, from that angle the conversion missed by quite a lot so from where the touch judges were positioned it must have been very obviously a clear miss.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 11:20
Someone was saying on another thread that Murray said something to Gopperth before a kick in the second half. I assume it was "Remember you only need to get it within a foot of the posts and they'll give it."

The South Stand Choir (NEW POST: Match preview: Newcastle Falcons v Northampton Saints):

http://thesouthstandchoir.wordpress.com

Big TV test.

citizen-slacker (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 11:21
My view from behind the posts was decidedly iffy, the ball appeared to go over the top of the (to me) right hand upright. The TJ under that post hesitated, looked at the guy who was on the other post who nodded, said yes & started to raise his flag, so the undecided one appeared to go with it, rather than give any unsure advice.

Poor but understandable.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 11:51
Poor but understandable, because we won and denied Irish a bonus point. Had we lost by three or more then I'm sure things would be different.

effja_ball (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:01
I notice ESPN didn't include Irish's conversion in the highlights reel!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net