rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 1 November v Northampton Saints at Franklin's Gardens, 4.00pm

Friday 7 November v Cardiff Blues at Kingston Park, 8.00pm

Last result: Newport Gwent Dragons 26-30 Newcastle Falcons

Reserves at Durham University tonight
Leipziger (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 12:30
Jordi is back.

The South Stand Choir (Latest post: Kendal 39-19 Vale of Lune):

http://thesouthstandchoir.wordpress.com

Cumbrians back in form.

Re: Reserves at Durham University tonight
Getitright (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 12:43
Cheers Leipy for posting this.

I see it mentions Durham facing Bath in the BUCS semis. This will only occur if Bath beat Aberdeen on Wednesday in the re-arranged quarter finals, so slightly premature! Delayed qtr final fixture is due to Loughborough raising an appeal against the Aberdeen v Loughborough result.

packdown (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 17:20
Good to see that there is some new blood coming into the squad as well as some older returning/new players.

15 Nathan Bailey, 14 Peter Weightman, 13 Charles Incledon, 12 Jonny Neville, 11 Joe Beckett 3 Andrew Foster 5 Fraser Wem 7 Huw Lockheart 8 Guy van den Dries
16 Joe Wafer Nik Pass Andrew Davies 23 Jamie Guy 24 Ollie Walker

Never heard of most of the names above? Anyone got any ideas?

Peter Taylor (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 17:39
As far as I have been told these guys are from local clubs and talented youngsters that the club will have been keeping their eyes on while at University.

It is a good way for the club to run the rule over some promising players and to give injured returnees like Jordi and newcomers to the club, Goode and Balding, a run out, the same is true for Josh Beaumont for the University, who is also dual registered with us and Durham Uni.

Still should be a good night with lots of young players playing, so worth getting wrapped up and coming down to Durham to watch.

Let's be fair, rugby at Durham or the soaps, sorry no contest, see you at Durham!

alas (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 21:42
The Falcons won the game 22-19 with the last kick of the game, but I think the students will take more from the occasion. When Durham had the starting backs on the pitch their handling skills were so much better than the Falcons. It was a pleasure to see a scrum-half with a fast accurate pass off both hands and who does not take steps.

digitalsys (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 00:36
Cracking game and a good fast paced match.

The only problem on both sides was the error/penalty count, but an all too familar problem for Falcons with the lineout performance also

To be honest, falcons were very luck to come away with a win. There were some very able youngsters on the Durham team and we could well do with looking at a couple of them with some close interest over the coming months.

The attendance was probably more than a Falcons A Team game at KP, but a good atmosphere all-round

sour (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 18:32
First time durham have lost in 2 years...

Getitright (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 18:41
I saw the quoted 34 games without a loss.

However I understood that Tynedale Raiders (2's) had beaten them during the winning period so I think there may have been some artistic licence or maybe only university games counted!

The match was played under floodlights at Tynedale during September 2011. Tynedale won 43-38!

MrC (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 08:59
Not been able to find a match report on this game, was interested to know how Goode and Balding went, I assume OK as have been told Balding scored a try, Pasqualin the other and the pack won a penalty try.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net