rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Sunday 30 November v Sale Sharks at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Friday 5 December v Stade Francais at Kingston Park, 8.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 20-10 Gloucester Rugby

So is anybody actually coming ?
Tythingrun (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 09:01
Sixways is all set for its biggest Friday night crowd of the season tonight with ticket sales poised to smash through the 11,000 barrier.

The game has captured the imagination of the Worcester fans, who have been flocking to buy their tickets.

The highest Friday night attendance so far this season has been the 10,694 supporters who were at Sixways to see Warriors beat Bath 16-7 on November 25.

However, the Falcons supporters donít seem to be as keen to make the long trip south to Worcester as they have returned 225 of their 250-ticket allocation.

I think we might be able between us to buy 25 of you a drinkwinking smiley

Re: So is anybody actually coming ?
Hideo (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 09:08
Probably similar in number to how many fans come from the far better supported (in terms of numbers...) southern clubs up to Newcastle on a working day Friday evening, if not more considering a number of away fans up here are actually students living here.

I think it's normal for us to have one bus for these long trips plus a few others who come from elsewhere who I imagine may have bought their tickets through Worcester rather than through the Falcons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2012 09:11 by Hideo.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 09:39
I'll be in the fanzone tonight, looking to continue my good record in the West(ish) Country - two bonus point wins and a draw (we'll forget the heavy defeat at Exeter)!

The South Stand Choir (Latest post: Match reaction: Newcastle Falcons 20-10 Gloucester Rugby):

http://thesouthstandchoir.wordpress.com

The noise was brought!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 09:39
A bus load heading your way, about all you will get for a Friday night game 250 miles away.

We are due a win at Sixways Tything so prepare to watch & weep. I will ask one of the travellers to bring some tissues for you.
(Sm3)

Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 10:18
Worcester are a Midlands team not West Country.

Good luck this evening

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 10:22
Her Ladyship comes from Bristol, to her Wuss were northerners.

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 10:43
The Supporters Club bus will be complemented by a scattering of us Falcons exiles living in the midlands southwards and able to get to Sixways on a Friday evening.

Sounds like its going to be a great atmosphere tonight. A few months ago there was a general feeling of decline and despair surrounding the Falcons, but since the arrival of the new owner there has been a growing sense of revival and renewal.

Maybe it has come a bit late for this season, but it is by no means certain yet we will be relegated, so the Warriors can be sure that a rejuvenated Falcons will be taking to the pitch this evening intent on winning.

Best wishes tonight.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 11:10
I've got 3O odd travelling down the bus and know of 20 or so making own way - drinks certainly welcome though.

Tythingrun (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 11:12
Quote:
Monkey1
A bus load heading your way, about all you will get for a Friday night game 250 miles away.
We are due a win at Sixways Tything so prepare to watch & weep. I will ask one of the travellers to bring some tissues for you.
(Sm3)

keep yer tissues Monkey1. I'm taking the short walk to the ground tonight hoping to watch a game of Rugby with two sides giving their all.
If Falcons come away with the points in front of a packed partisan crowd they will have deserved it and will leave Sixways with my best wishes.
Noone takes any pleasure down here at Falcons predicament we've experienced it enough times.
Good luck winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2012 11:14 by Tythingrun.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 11:14
Just got my ticket!! bought it through the Worcester ticket office. Will be sat in the Slick stand where most of the Falcons supporters are supposed to be.C'mon Falcons!!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 11:18
Tythingrun

You are a true rugby supporter & a gentleman sir.
(Sm128)

davietoon (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:07
Too far on a Friday night for me, however 50 Falcons v 10000 Warriors should be enough to win the shouting match at least look forward to being able to hear you all on the Radio

steve1888 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 05:28
Usual great visit to Sixways only spoiled by the rugby. I think will remember the upside down beer pouring.

Tythingrun (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 10:46
Just for you steve winking smiley

link

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net