rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 16 December v Edinburgh Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Sunday 23 December v Gloucester Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Edinburgh Rugby 31-13 Newcastle Falcons

Marcus Watson and other absent players...
Running Rugby (IP Logged)
02 November, 2015 21:31
Can anyone shed any light onto the progress of Marcus Watson? He was signed from sevens, but had played fifteens in the past so surely it shouldn't be that hard for him to re-adjust? So why has he not been involved in any of the squads so far?

Or is he injured?

Also, anyone got any updates on the highly rated Ben Harris? He was doing a very good job at Leeds and their fans were sorry to see him go. Any reason he has not been involved so far?

Same goes with Taione Vea, Paddy Ryan, Scott Wilson have they been involved so far?

Any news on the fitness of Tane Takulua? His pace and craft is much needed in the Falcons back line as Micky Young seems to be back to his old aimless over box kicking self.

And finally, does anyone have any news on the return date of Mark Wilson?

Maybe we should petition the official website to post an injury update every so often, or maybe try to maintain something similar on here?

Re: Marcus Watson and other absent players...
Jackie Cabbage (IP Logged)
03 November, 2015 02:06
I must admit RR that I was asking myself the same question!! Assuming Watson isn't injured, for him not to be involved at all in a team that is pretty dire, that is t a good sign. I like Tom Catterick as a player, but if I were Marcus, I would be concerned that he was picked ahead of me on the wing!

captainhaircut (IP Logged)
03 November, 2015 07:53
The Watson stuff on here is ridiculous. He's played two competitive 15's games in his entire career. He isn't anywhere near as good as his brother. Maybe that's why he's not in the side?

03 November, 2015 08:27
Quote:
captainhaircut
The Watson stuff on here is ridiculous. He's played two competitive 15's games in his entire career. He isn't anywhere near as good as his brother. Maybe that's why he's not in the side?

To label a simple discussion about a player the Falcons have signed but not yet played, ridiculous, is a bit too far.

I am simply looking for an update on how Marcus Watson is progressing. The same about the rest of the new signings and youngsters.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2015 08:40
There was a big interview with Marcus in Sunday's programme which explained his situation.

CSGG (IP Logged)
03 November, 2015 10:29
The offy needs to have an injured player section to keep the fans informed.

I remember a while back the reason for not doing this was discussed, some nonsense was uttered about not wanting to give the opposition an extra edge in terms of preparation, which as a tactic is obviously working out pretty well........

Leipziger (IP Logged)
03 November, 2015 10:40
I heard on Sunday that Watson and Kibirige are injured, Paddy Ryan is injured too. Vea has been in the 23 in each Premiership match so far, playing in two of them. Mark Wilson had surgery if I remember right so probably going to be a little while before he's back.

falconbear (IP Logged)
03 November, 2015 10:50
Same goes with Taione Vea, Paddy Ryan, Scott Wilson have they been involved so far?
[/quote]
Vea played on Sunday. Not sure about the rest. I think Smithy is our best hope for this type of info.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2015 10:52
Vea is fit, Wilson and Ryan injured last I heard.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
03 November, 2015 14:36
Spot on Captainhaircut.....Watson needs to fully understand 15,s and his role within it and at that point I am sure he will get game time. Until then he will need to keep working hard to earn his place.

03 November, 2015 18:29
Any news on the return of Juan Pablo Socino? Is he getting extra time off for the world cup? As he did not play a great deal.

He is sorely needed in the side, to form a partnership with the excellent Chris Harris.

Got any news on this one, Smithy?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2015 18:53
Presser is tomorrow

AJfalc (IP Logged)
03 November, 2015 19:26
I think Watson played fullback against Leicester in the pre-season tournament and didn't look ready for 1st team action. He might have been trying to impress too much?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2015 20:26
Played fullback v Leicester and wing v Sale

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2015 08:47
We have a fair few injuries like. smiling smiley

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2015 20:14
Quote:
captainhaircut
The Watson stuff on here is ridiculous.

What Watson stuff on here?

I don't recall anybody declaring him to be a genius, rugby icon, or saviour of Newcastle Falcons. People should be allowed to mention his name without that sort of comment.

captainhaircut (IP Logged)
05 November, 2015 07:10
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
captainhaircut
The Watson stuff on here is ridiculous.

What Watson stuff on here?

I don't recall anybody declaring him to be a genius, rugby icon, or saviour of Newcastle Falcons. People should be allowed to mention his name without that sort of comment.

Without that sort of comment? I said the word ridiculous. Get a grip.

I could find countless comments of excitement about him, questions about where he is going to play, questions about why he isn't in the side. He isn't very good and people need to understand this.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
05 November, 2015 08:47
What a load of rubbish. A few people have expressed an interest in seeing how he will get on at Newcastle Falcons. If you can't stand people being supportive of the team and players then maybe you should stop reading this message board.

DB23 (IP Logged)
05 November, 2015 12:29
We're in a position, financially, where we have to take a punt on players. I have no problem with that. Some will work (Sinoti) and some won't.

Hardly fair to judge before Watson or anyone else has played some games

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
05 November, 2015 13:44
I've just posted on another thread about strange comments - its seems more appropriate to be on here....... and as I said elsewhere, thankfully, those commenters are not in a position of influence!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net