rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 24th February v Harlequins at The Stoop, 2.30pm

Saturday 3rd March v Gloucester at Kingsholm, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 29-12 Bath

Five year plan
Teddyboy64 (IP Logged)
16 January, 2016 16:07
Well fat bloke has hit another all time low, wonder what happened to the FIVE year plan probably got shelved when he signed his Big 3year contract which gives him the perfect 5 years. Never mind Mick will spin another yarn and bullshit all you supporters.Good luck in your relegation battle .

Re: Five year plan
Leipziger (IP Logged)
16 January, 2016 16:23
To be fair, anyone who thought the five-year plan was going to run perfectly with no downs, no bumps and no need for revision was deluded, because such things just don't work like that.

Northumbrian (IP Logged)
16 January, 2016 16:36
Does the plan include winning a game away from home?

Running Rugby (IP Logged)
17 January, 2016 17:48
The five year plan, if there even was one, must have taken some major set backs in the time Dean Richards has been here, with this season in particular, seeing the team regress massively in my opinion. Loosing all of the spark and threat that they had last season.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
18 January, 2016 09:44
Well theres two things id like to know.

1)How many injuries have we genuinely had, and how much have they affected pre-season etc. And who is still injured? Apparently Witty has only just returned and the Russian game was his first of the season.

2)Why have we abandoned the exciting rugby that we were playing last season. Is this a result of the injuries?

No communication at all!!!!!

limpopo (IP Logged)
18 January, 2016 10:00
The number of injuries is a major concern, could it be something to do with the new pitch?

18 January, 2016 10:23
Not sure...ive heard there were massive numbers of injuries all through pre-season plus those away on WC duty.

That would mess up pre season considerably. But Dean isn't using it as an excuse...fair do's to the guy.

But I would just like to know the status. Its obviously affected the style we've gone back to playing...

markismith50 (IP Logged)
18 January, 2016 10:42
Gf, witty played at Connacht in Dec and for Blaydon the week before last

18 January, 2016 10:45
Thanks Mark,

Do you know much about the injuries?

Has it really been vast numbers of the squad out injured?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
18 January, 2016 11:48
Yes, and yes. Though the same applies to other clubs

Running Rugby (IP Logged)
20 January, 2016 11:56
The injury situation cannot be attributed to the loss of an attacking gameplan. The players that were so pivotal to that style of play last season, the likes of Catterick, Socino, Hammersley, have all been fit and playing this season, but have apparently been shackled for whatever reason.

Yes, the loss of Sinoti is a big one, but Watson has come in and played extremely well.

We need some form of communication from the club, and Dean Rochards, as to why they have reverted back to the turgid boring rugby that got them relegated in the first place.

Is Dave Walder tied up in a cupboard somewhere?

What has happened to players such as Catterick, Hammersley, Harris, Socino and others?

Basically the whole gameplan and philosophy of the club needs to change, but is it too late?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/01/2016 12:00 by Running Rugby.

mannin (IP Logged)
20 January, 2016 12:10
We had the longest pre-season in memory yet looked like we'd never been on a rugby pitch for the first few games. That's nothing to do with injuries.

Osric (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 20:56
What a difference a couple of years makes

Robs (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 21:32
Thanks Osric if it was you who responded to my 5 year plan topic
I'm sure there was a thread which quoted details of Deano's plan.
He actually stated the breakdown of his fulfilled plan which suggested that we would have a certain number of Internationals and at least 1 world class player
That's the thread I want to find
I don't think it was a Supporters Club forum as I wasn't a member of the SC then

01 February, 2018 07:36
funny topic this it just goes to demonstrate how trolls work.

teddyboy made one post and has not been active since posting this.....

still keep improving the team and stadium. remember slow and steady wins the race!

the main thing for me is sustainability. Can we get the club to look after its self ? that is a very tough job in an area that is just not rugby focused but success on the pitch will help.

coyf

dick g (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 07:57
Have I missed something? Am I misreading our league position? Am I mishearing what BT Sports's commentators are saying about the Falcons? Are reports about ground development fake news?

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 08:00
Dick it's an old thread - relax

exhooker (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 08:01
Dick, you need to look at the year the posts were made!!

AJfalc (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 08:09
That caught me out at first !!!

trummy200 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 08:14
Some must be somewhat embarrassed by some of the posts they made - but onward and hopefully upward! All water under the bridge

aidanb (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 08:18
As pointed out it isnít amazing how time changes things.

Are the time of writing the above posts some people will have felt genuinely upset but with hindsight we can now see that it was all going swimmingly if a little slowly.

What we all need to do is keep getting behind the club and keep spending our time getting others to come along with us.

aidanb (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 08:18
As pointed out it isnít amazing how time changes things.

Are the time of writing the above posts some people will have felt genuinely upset but with hindsight we can now see that it was all going swimmingly if a little slowly.

What we all need to do is keep getting behind the club and keep spending our time getting others to come along with us.

dick g (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 08:48
Quote:
exhooker
Dick, you need to look at the year the posts were made!!

Thanks. But why are they still here? It's all a bit early.

Robs (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 11:25
Quote:
dick g
Have I missed something? Am I misreading our league position? Am I mishearing what BT Sports's commentators are saying about the Falcons? Are reports about ground development fake news?

Apologies Dick. I think this thread was resurrected following my posting of the topic "Deans 5 year plan"
I think you might have been at the event at KP where Dean set out his vision. As you'll see from the other Topic I am keen to match what Dean was predicting/outlining with the situation we have now with 4 six nations Internationals and how many others from Tonga/Canada /Italy etc

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net