rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 21st October v Bordeaux-Begles at Stade Chaban-Delmas, 5.30pm (UK time)

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 32-27 Dragons

The jury has reconvened
FalconsRugby.org.uk (IP Logged)
19 January, 2016 21:01
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: The jury has reconvened
rubyrhone (IP Logged)
20 January, 2016 11:11
Very measured summing up Leipy. I would say the verdict is "not proven"yet.Hopefully we have not too much more suffering to come.

However I would like to know why players like Hammersley, Catterick Socino and Harris seem to have been reined in. They were so different last season. I would rather see the team playing to win rather than not to lose. We seem to lose anyway, so might as well give everyone their heads and not stifle natural instincts.

Running Rugby (IP Logged)
20 January, 2016 11:50
I have mentioned the complete drop off in attacking rugby that won us so many fans last season. As rubyrhone says, what has happened to the likes of Catterick, Socino, Hammersley and the rest who played with such freedom last season.

Catterick cannot even get near the starting fifteen when everyone is fit.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
21 January, 2016 16:31
I am still keeping the faith on this one but I have no idea why. After a disappointment I might go off on one but when I calm down again I always come back to the same thought process. Semore knows the club inside out. He is not a distant & part time owner, he is in the thick of it. He knows things about the club's situation that we can't even begin to guess, and with the benefit of all this he feels Richards is the man for the job. There is an obvious implication, that he feels other people would not get as much from the resources that we have.

I trust Semore's judgement more than I trust my own, and that I suppose is that.

bulmer22 (IP Logged)
22 January, 2016 20:06
This season is testing everyone's patience. Injuries have crippled us. So to continue playing like we did last season has proved impossible. Plus inconsistency of performance of some players. I honestly don't know, on form, what is our strongest team.

I went to Leicester on boxing day and for the first 20 minutes we played well. But we have not played well for 80 minutes for a long time. Looking around at Welford Road,, I kept thinking what chance have we got, against these clubs with a strong fan base or wealthy benefactors. I'm not knocking our owners here because Semore is doing an incredible job. The academy is producing a crop of promising players that shows how strong rugby is in the region. But it is not a level playing field, and I despair that it will always be so, where clubs in the North struggle to compete in the Premiership.

I just hope we can get some form back and turn this season around. I don't think it's down to any change of tactics as such. It's just a set of circumstances that are stacked against putting out our strongest team.

Please lets try to be positive and keep supporting the club. At the end of the season we can all discuss what went wrong and what came right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net