rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 21st October v Bordeaux-Begles at Stade Chaban-Delmas, 5.30pm (UK time)

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 32-27 Dragons

To win or not to lose
FalconsRugby.org.uk (IP Logged)
14 April, 2016 12:58
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: To win or not to lose
falconbear (IP Logged)
14 April, 2016 13:36
Very true. And i think we did the same thing at the madstad this season. It was only when the chips were down that we put our foot down and got back into the game. On the flip side i thought we did ok sitting back against sarries this season. It was only when we threw caution to the wind that we leaked a bucket load of tries. Coaches may earn their stripes on Sunday! But I still think it will be decided on the kicking game, discipline and Mr Barnes!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/04/2016 13:50 by falconbear.

DJMc (IP Logged)
14 April, 2016 17:12
It is my biggest fear that even if we do etch out a lead that the team retreat into their shells and we resort to a kicking game for territory because, let's face it, they are not very good at it. I know there are many occasions when it is necessary to kick so when we do I think the ball should be walloped in to touch which while it gives away possession there is time to arrange the defensive alignment and this better than just kicking down the throat of the Irish back three.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
14 April, 2016 17:28
Blimey Leipy, you've got me all fired up now & it's only Thursday.
(Sm105)

Pongping (IP Logged)
14 April, 2016 17:55
Nice article. Pumping balls to their back 3 means we will lose this game. We don't do it well enough and they are too good on the return, Quins only realised that late in the game against them last week.

eastfalcon (IP Logged)
15 April, 2016 10:42
Excellent piece Leipy - hope to see you on Sunday. smiling smiley

Onwards and Upwards!

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2016 11:04
Excellent piece and all absolutely spot on. Both teams need to be brave and go for it. Best of luck for Sunday folks, and here's hoping that the best team wins.

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
15 April, 2016 11:09
Cracking piece Leipy.

London_Falcon (IP Logged)
15 April, 2016 11:50
Great piece Leipy. We'll be glued to the telly down here too. We should be aiming to kill them off in the first 20mins. A couple of quick tries and the pressure will be heaped on them.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2016 12:23
Yet again another cracking write up by you, the game against worcester was so dull! poor crowd! poor team, this team looks good and with a bumper crowd expected I think we will chuck the ball about and actually play some good footy! COYF!

Leipziger (IP Logged)
15 April, 2016 15:41
Cheers guys! Eastfalcon - yes I have for some reason been given Sunday off so I will be there!

DB23 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2016 19:59
Another excellent piece, Leipziger. Monkey1 and yourself, among others, do a fantastic job in keeping some perspective on this board with all things Falcons.

Sometimes the board comments go beyond reasonable (including me occasionally!)but you always maintain a calming, pragmatic viewpoint. Thanks

Osric (IP Logged)
16 April, 2016 13:11
Assuming the worst and we lose but achieve a LBP, we remain one ahead of Irish. We're more likely to get something from Sale at home than they are against Quins and Wasps. Not how we'd like it, but we stay up, even with the loss.
Assuming the best, when did we last get a four try bonus point win?

Leipziger (IP Logged)
16 April, 2016 14:36
In the Premiership, it was Harlequins on the last day of last season, we scored five tries and won 37-21.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net