rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 27-Saturday 28 July Premiership Sevens at Franklin's Gardens

Saturday 11 August v Nottingham Rugby at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Exeter Chiefs 36-5 Newcastle Falcons

Craig Willis ban.
pityacker (IP Logged)
16 November, 2016 08:20
Craig banned for 4 weeks , some of these bans handed out are ludicrous the hierarchy are going crazy.

Re: Craig Willis ban.
Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
16 November, 2016 10:05
4 Weeks!! How bad was it?

pityacker (IP Logged)
16 November, 2016 10:26
An alleged tip tackle for which Craig was red carded where the player landed on his shoulder uninjured , apparently the ban was reduced by one week but not two as Craig didn't accept the referees red card decision.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2016 10:28
It was a disgusting tackle deserved a lot longer in my opinion. smiling smiley

Leipziger (IP Logged)
16 November, 2016 11:45
I haven't seen it, but as soon as I read about Willis being sent off for a tip tackle I remembered our game at Saracens last season when Marcus Watson was picked up, turned horizontal and dropped on the floor from the tackler's hip height. The referee looked at it on the screen and decided it wasn't even a penalty.

Shame about a four-week ban but he probably wasn't going to play in the next three league games anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/11/2016 11:47 by Leipziger.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2016 13:20
I don't think it was as bad as being made out. And 4 weeks is a bit harsh imo. There was no malice intended and Craig would have brought the player down safely if he wasn't tackled himself. I just think this horizontal business is a bit arbitrary in its application.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2016 14:11
I was joking by the way people, I saw it on the highlights and honestly it wasn't that bad 4 weeks no way. smiling smiley

telfs123 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2016 19:06
It was pretty much the exact same as Matt Toomua for Leicester.
One was a yellow card and no ban. Other is red and 4 weeks. One rule for one etc.

The huge problem now is the colour is based on the outcome, rather than the intent. If it's head/neck then it's red. Shoulders it's yellow. (Although the ref got this one wrong). But look at Toomua v Willis. Toomua flipped the player with no intention of returning him the ground safely. Willis just lost control of a tackle. You see players getting yellows instead of red just because the other player put their arms out. Red cards are for genuinely dangerous acts, they should not be based on the reaction of the other player.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
16 November, 2016 22:55
The tip tackle judgments are a joke. Week in Week out a different call is given. It needs clarifying. Most of the time a red card depends on if the player landed on his head or if he tried to protect himself. It shouldn't matter

George Robson has just been given 6 weeks for grabbing Ollie Stedmans knackers during a match

nursepete (IP Logged)
17 November, 2016 11:16
Is there a video of the tackle for those of us who didnt travel at the weekend?

Leipziger (IP Logged)
17 November, 2016 12:44
Quote:
Falc Dancer
George Robson has just been given 6 weeks for grabbing Ollie Stedmans knackers during a match

That decision's just nuts.(Sm159)

dick g (IP Logged)
17 November, 2016 14:52
Quote:
Leipziger
Quote:
Falc Dancer

They could just have given him a bollocking.

cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
17 November, 2016 15:00
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
Leipziger
Quote:
Falc Dancer

They could just have given him a bollocking.

That offence should merit the sack

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
17 November, 2016 15:45
Somebody made a balls of that citing investigation.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
20 November, 2016 16:54
Fitzgerald of Leicester took a player past the horizontal, lifting both legs and drove through the tackle and received a yellow only
It's a complete lottery

markismith50 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2016 18:22
Funny, I thought the exact same thing. So much I would love to say on this subject, but safest for all concerned that I keep my counsel.

aidanb (IP Logged)
20 November, 2016 18:32
Mark
You either need a false name on here to have a blast once in a while or just tell someone else who will post the rant

aidanb (IP Logged)
20 November, 2016 18:33
I think 25smithmark would hide your name enough

Skipper (IP Logged)
20 November, 2016 23:01
Quote:
Leipziger
I haven't seen it, but as soon as I read about Willis being sent off for a tip tackle I remembered our game at Saracens last season when Marcus Watson was picked up, turned horizontal and dropped on the floor from the tackler's hip height. The referee looked at it on the screen and decided it wasn't even a penalty.
Shame about a four-week ban but he probably wasn't going to play in the next three league games anyway.

It's on the highlights here

markismith50 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2016 23:25
Having spent 4 hours transcribing the disciplinary hearing last week, let's just say I will be watching future tip tackles with interest as to the repurcussions, or lack thereof.

exhooker (IP Logged)
20 November, 2016 23:27
That is spot on Falc Dancer. There was also a deliberate knock on in the Sale game , which was fairly equivalent to Hammers at Wasps which received just a penalty. There is a lack of consistency and we often seem to get the rough end of the stick comparatively speaking.

exhooker (IP Logged)
20 November, 2016 23:27
That is spot on Falc Dancer. There was also a deliberate knock on in the Sale game , which was fairly equivalent to Hammers at Wasps which received just a penalty. There is a lack of consistency and we often seem to get the rough end of the stick comparatively speaking.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net