rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Friday 28 April Newcastle Falcons v Worcester Warriors at Kingston Park, 8.00pm

Saturday 6 May Bristol Rugby v Newcastle Falcons at Ashton Gate, 4.00pm

Last result: Leicester Tigers 30-3 Newcastle Falcons

Nice article to read
Kwa444 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 17:14

Re: Nice article to read
falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 17:37
Superb write up that kwa! As the writer said we need to retain all our local talent!

Thanks for sharing Kwa! Really good read.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 17:46
Really interesting article Kwa, thank you.

It's interesting to see an explanation of how the 2-4-2 is applied in attack, that's how Saracens used to play when Brits was at his marauding best for them, not sure if they still do as I don't see so many games now but it was certainly effective. I think that we probably have the players to make it effective too, at least when Scott Lawson is playing as he is a tricky runner once he gets going.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 18:02
Isn't it fun to hear everybody saying such good things about our club!!

Wouldn't it be great if we could get a sell out home game before the end of the season and for the rugby followers in the North East to show all those involved at the club just how much we appreciate all their hard work on getting Falcons back on the rugby map.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 18:10
Quote:
Wensleydale Falcon
Isn't it fun to hear everybody saying such good things about our club!!
Wouldn't it be great if we could get a sell out home game before the end of the season and for the rugby followers in the North East to show all those involved at the club just how much we appreciate all their hard work on getting Falcons back on the rugby map.

I think the players appreciate the support we give them now. But it would be great to get 10,000 in KP.

With massive home games coming up against sarries, saints and glos and given our home form, and the effort the marketing team put in. I think we may well see KP sell out soon!

Osric (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 18:59
Re selling out, there was a big push for the Exeter game, which boosted the attendance. Maybe Mick and co should target one of the remaining home games for a similar push, to try to get near or above the 9,000 mark. It should be easier now than it was for Exe as we've played some good stuff recently.

Avoid any obvious clashes, make sure that the students are here and reignite the student push ( there must be loads of rugby playing students across the five universities - - some kind of discounted deal with transport might help), add the usual stuff with schools, clubs etc and then all we need to do is play well ( the Exe game wasn't great and the three non rugby lads I dragged along weren't so convinced).

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 19:39
Thanks for that KWA, I enjoyed reading that.

ColinCharvis8 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 20:03
Great article from Alex

lizard118 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 22:18
Excellent article. Thank you for sharing. And very true about losing width when in the final third. With a bit of tweaking I can see someone getting a spanking from us.

17Roundabouts (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 22:33
Great article & thanks for sharing..

I also liked another piece from the site about Jon Welsh in "who's hot & who's not"

"Jon Welsh and Newcastle: What a glorious moment for the front row union ruined by England’s Anthony Watson. In the process he closed a timewarp to a future where Welsh discusses this chip and chase and the try that followed at over a thousand speaking events. :-)

AFalcon23 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2017 22:51
Thank you enjoyed the read. smiling smiley

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 08:14
Thanks KWA - cracking write - up - It's just so nice to have such a positive vibe at the club

dick g (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 09:30
Still didn't the understand the 2-4-2, 5-12-11, 106-25-47 stuff. But accept the point about what happens to our attack inside the 25. (Havn't gone fully metric). Also so good to begin to see recognition of what is being done at KP. What will we be like at the end of Deano's 5 year plan?

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
10 January, 2017 11:00
Quote:
17Roundabouts
Great article & thanks for sharing..
I also liked another piece from the site about Jon Welsh in "who's hot & who's not"

"Jon Welsh and Newcastle: What a glorious moment for the front row union ruined by England’s Anthony Watson. In the process he closed a timewarp to a future where Welsh discusses this chip and chase and the try that followed at over a thousand speaking events. :-)

Hasnt he made a few breaks like that before...its the outside centre trying to get out...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Newcastle Falcons Poll

Is this a poll

See results > Submit >>