Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

NEW HOME SHIRT

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
NorfolkFalcon
NorfolkFalcon
28 January, 2017 08:18
Good to know, looking forward to the announcements once they are forthcoming.

Kingston Parker
Kingston Parker
29 January, 2017 20:58
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Ooh that's interesting about TC.
Do you think it'll be renewed?

It hasn't been, so he's off to Bristol

Falc Dancer
Falc Dancer
29 January, 2017 21:17
That's a real shame if TC leaves. He's had injury problems but he's a good versatile player with plenty of rugby left in him yet. When he had a run at 10 he looked the part
Good luck TC

GeordieFalcon
GeordieFalcon
30 January, 2017 11:05
Maybe not surprising about Catterick. But a shame if its true.

Chisanga at prop is an interesting one. The Vickers to LH was a major success...Chisanga has a lot more physical size than Bobby so it could work.

He'd be a carryng prop like Mako!

PS...Does anyone have info how the other young squad members are doing...

Players like Socino Jr, Farreira, Davidson, David Nelson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/01/2017 11:15 by GeordieFalcon.

Falc Dancer
Falc Dancer
12 March, 2017 16:42
Article from the northern echo -
Blaydon prop Trevor Davison has signed a 2 year deal with the club. An academy deal I assume

[www.thenorthernecho.co.uk]

GeordieFalcon
GeordieFalcon
14 March, 2017 11:27
Whats your thoughts on our front row options for next season (So far)?

LH:
Rob Vickers
Sam Lockwood
Alex Rogers
Adam Brocklebank
Trevor Davison

Hooker:
Scott Lawson
Kyle Cooper
Ben Sowery
David Nelson
Santi Socino
Jamie Blamire

TH:
John Welsh
Scott Wilson
Davy Wilson
Paddy Ryan
Andrew Foster

Josh Chisanga - Converting to LH??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/03/2017 11:27 by GeordieFalcon.

NorfolkFalcon
NorfolkFalcon
14 March, 2017 12:48
We need at least one more LH and one TH in my opinion. Scrum has now become one of our weakest links in recent games and I believe that now we have strengthened the backs, some focus needs to shift to our forwards and especially props.

Falcons_Thunder
Falcons_Thunder
14 March, 2017 13:22
Job Welsh contract runs out at the end of this season.would be a massive loss if he didn't sign back on

GeordieFalcon
GeordieFalcon
16 March, 2017 11:35
Ah yeah keeping Welsh should be a he push for Dean. I think he's a class player...not to mention his line breaks put the backs to shame!

I think our scrum has been fine this season. Don't forget the scrum isn't all about the front row...the locks play a huge role in it aswell and we have locks now that appear to be very strong scrummagers.

LH
We had a big blow with Lockwood going out so soon in the season as he looked like the one, and Rob Vickers could then have been managed suitably with his gametime. As it is Rob isn't getting any younger and im not convinced Rogers is the answer. Brocklehurst and Davison are just academy lads. Maybe we need to add 1 seasoned option - talk of that French LH.

Can Chisanga be as good a change as Beast Mtarriwara (he moved from back row to LH) or Vickers move from hooker to LH?? Who knows.

TH
I think at TH we are fine (Jon Welsh is quality!)...so long as Davy and Scott Wilson both stay fit and injury free! But that just looks unachievable from this seasons showings. For me the jury is out on Ryan. He's one big unit...and sometimes he seems to smash everything in front of him...but then other times im far less convinced on him.
Young Foster is still a work in progress.

Hooker we are in very rude health.

GeordieFalcon
GeordieFalcon
21 March, 2017 11:53
Whats people thoughts on Willis and Conon?

We've signed Matavesi x 2, and now the Flood rumours...surely that would push one or both of the young lads out?

falconsfan07
falconsfan07
21 March, 2017 13:27
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Whats people thoughts on Willis and Conon?
We've signed Matavesi x 2, and now the Flood rumours...surely that would push one or both of the young lads out?

Wouldn't of thought so, just great to have the depth for guys to push each other for a starting shirt week in week out... and I reckon Delany will be off if flood signs...

GeordieFalcon
GeordieFalcon
21 March, 2017 13:44
I wonder if Willis may be sent out on Loan for a season to be a starting 10 somewhere? Maybe something like Rotherham etc. That would be great experience for him and good for the falcons aswell.

NorfolkFalcon
NorfolkFalcon
25 March, 2017 12:40
In the times interview this morning Jon Welsh stated he had signed a 2 year extension so he will be with us until 2019.

NorfolkFalcon
NorfolkFalcon
13 April, 2017 21:09
Michael Young announced on Twitter he has signed a 3 year contract extension.

Falc Dancer
Falc Dancer
17 April, 2017 09:01
Yesterday's Rugby Paper said that we had spoken to Lood de Jäger but his wage demands were too high and now Irish were taking with him. We do need an extra second row on my opinion and this fella is world class and still only 24.
I notice Ian Evans has been released with immediate effect from Bristol
Still only 29 years old and a few years ago was Lions material

AFalcon19
AFalcon24
17 April, 2017 09:44
If we were going for another player in the second row, I would go for Tom Price from Scarlets still only 24 and is turning into a top quality lock. smiling smiley

falconsfan07
falconsfan07
17 April, 2017 10:30
Didn't it also say that Sale had completed the signings of Faf De Klerk and James O Connor...bet that was expensive!

Falcons_Thunder
Falcons_Thunder
17 April, 2017 14:41
[quote Falc Dancer]Yesterday's Rugby Paper said that we had spoken to Lood de Jäger but his wage demands were too high and now Irish were taking with him. We do need an extra second row on my opinion and this fella is world class and still only 24.
I notice Ian Evans has been released with immediate effect from Bristol
Still only 29 years old and a few years ago was Lions material[/quaote]

Lood de Jäger would destroy most defences in the premiership but he's too good if a player for us and we can't afford him

GeordieFalcon
GeordieFalcon
02 May, 2017 11:03
Anyone heard any news on any contracts of current players?

Players like Dan Temm, Tom Catterick, etc

NorfolkFalcon
NorfolkFalcon
02 May, 2017 13:05
I'm sure I read somewhere that Catterick was going to Bristol so it looks like he is going to leave. With the new signings Temm would be further down the pecking order and I'd expect him to be released.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net