rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 15th December v Dragons at Rodney Parade, 7.30pm

Saturday 23rd December v Harlequins at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 52-24 Bordeaux-Begles

Fans' forum - Weds March 22
markismith50 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2017 16:19
Hi guys, just a quickie to mention our next fans' forum on the evening of Weds March 22 at KP.

As usual it's free to attend with unvetted questions from the floor and our panel of Semore Kurdi (chairman), Mick Hogan (MD) and Dean Richards (director of rugby).

All we ask is that you email let us know you're coming so we can gauge the room/bar staff etc for numbers.

Details are here [www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

It's your chance to ask the questions you want answering. The forums are typically fun evenings with great insight and humour, and we look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers
Smithy

Re: Fans' forum - Weds March 22
Terry the horn (IP Logged)
16 March, 2017 17:03
Please book me for fans forum night terry

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
17 March, 2017 19:02
What time will this finish roughly?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
17 March, 2017 20:56
Generally lasts around 60-90mins, depending on volume of questions

17 March, 2017 21:23
Thanks Mark.

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:01
Will there be a live Twitter commentary on the night hilighting the major points as I am away with work

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:09
Mick has announced 2 new signings & 2 re-signings to be announced on the night
Exciting times

markismith50 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 21:08
We'll give a flavour of the discussion on twitter as usual, but not a verbatim account

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 21:11
Cheers Smithy

20 March, 2017 23:13
Thanks for the earlier information Mark. 👍

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 08:04
I'd imagine that the two new signings would be the loosehead from Lyon and Cooper Vuna. I hope that the two new re-signings will be Welsh and Tait.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 10:29
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
I'd imagine that the two new signings would be the loosehead from Lyon and Cooper Vuna. I hope that the two new re-signings will be Welsh and Tait.

Wouldn't consider as s raw loosehead from Lyon as a "terrific signing" as mick put it, more of a long term project. I personally hope it's Flood and George Nott from Sale.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 10:56
We do need a LH though...we're a bit short.

Lockwood - Hopefully starting 1
Vickers - 35 now? Must be managed wisely
Rodgers - Not bad

Brocklehurst - Young academy, work in progress
Trevor - Young academy, work in progress
Chisanga - Switching from back row to LH by all accounts...Work in progress

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 12:59
It just seems as though those two signings are more plausible and sounded like done deals. I can't see it being Flood just yet.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 13:10
Will be interesting to see who it is, could be Flood and Vuna or that French LH. smiling smiley

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 13:47
Flood would be a great signing but just seems odd having:

Hodgson - 10
Willis - 10 / 12
Conon - 10 / 15
Matavesi (Both) - 10/12
Delayney - 10

That's potentially 5 players who can cover 10 already...so Delayney would have to be on his way.

I appreciate Conon and Willis are both young and unlikely to be starting 10's.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 18:45
Delany also covers 15
Willis, Connon also unlikely to be first choice 10 next season so having Flood, Hodgson and Delany with Willis and Connon would be great cover

FFL (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 20:34
If we do sign Flood, I would suggest Delany will be off in the Summer.

Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 04:21
A LH should be top of the list really. As much as I like Vickers, he's becoming a liability in the scrum and it's something that needs addressing. Lockwood looks very good but we need another option or we'll find ourselves getting bullied like we have for most of this season.

A LH plus Flood would be perfect.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 07:13
I won't be able to make it tonight so if anyone can tot up a brief summary of news, fun, and a flavour of the evening it will be much appreciated.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 10:41
It categorically won't be George Nott who has just signed for 5 years with Sale.

I doubt it will be Flood as TRP only just reported we were in for him and these things take time. Probably some of the earlier mentioned links. Though 'Terrific signing' is pretty objective. I mean Tim Ryan was probably described in equally glowing terms at some point during his unveiling.

Mind you we have had terrific signings in the recent past - Goneva, Mermoz and Davey Wilson would all tick that box I believe.

nursepete (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 11:05
[www.bbc.co.uk]
Link to George Nott renewing with Sale

23 March, 2017 09:51
Great to see such a good turnout for what was a very enjoyable and informative evening.

The panel were all on top form and I think that is a reflection of where the club is at the moment, some great humour mixed with the harsh realities of the sport and how the club is developing both on and off the pitch.

I really can't believe the transformation of the club over the last 5 years and bucket loads of credit must go the the management team and all their foot soldiers for the work they are putting in.

The comments at the end by Semore which were greeted with such applause really does confirm to me that our club is in a very, very good place at the moment thanks to some VERY talented and passionate people.

I am extremely excited about the future!!

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 10:02
Quote:
Wensleydale Falcon
Great to see such a good turnout for what was a very enjoyable and informative evening.
The panel were all on top form and I think that is a reflection of where the club is at the moment, some great humour mixed with the harsh realities of the sport and how the club is developing both on and off the pitch.

I really can't believe the transformation of the club over the last 5 years and bucket loads of credit must go the the management team and all their foot soldiers for the work they are putting in.

The comments at the end by Semore which
were greeted with such applause really does confirm to me that our club is in a very, very good place at the moment thanks to some VERY talented and passionate people.

I am extremely excited about the future!!

Very well said WF, completely agree that Newcastle supporters are some of the most passionate and friendliest in the Premiership... and the best of course! Exciting times ahead and the club is in a great place for the long term with Semore, Deano & Mick at the helm!

Great work by all of them!

markismith50 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 10:06
Thanks from the club for everyone who attended. We fully appreciate not everyone can make it on a weeknight but it was a great turn-out with some top questions, all held in a very constructive but light-hearted manner.

It was another really informative and enjoyable night and we appreciate all your kind words about the work that staff in all departments are putting in. Likewise, we as a club owe all of our supporters a huge thank you for your continued backing.

I'm probably in a good position to talk about the improvements at the club having worked here for 7 years, left for 5 years then returned a year ago. Echoing what has been stated above, there's a lot of good stuff going on here on and off the field, and plenty of hard work to improve things even further.

There's a brief write-up on the offy which covers the basic thrust of what was said last night - [www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk] - for those who were unable to make it.

Cheers
Smithy

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 14:01
Thanks Smithy,

That's the first of these evenings that I have missed for many years so a brief summary appreciated. We are very lucky to have such open and honest exchanges with the people who make the club tick, and I think there is enormous value in that.

Thanks to all the gang who make it possible to enjoy our games.

dick g (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 08:06
Soccer fans must be gutted to learn about our forums and the good relationship fans have with club management. Mind, it wasn't always this way. Sir John Hall's management was iniiually very suspicious of the Supporters' Club because of its experience with United supporters. They soon learned that we rugger @#$%& are a different breed.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 08:37
At Newcastle Utd, the club hold regular fans forums between club management and fans groups representing different areas of the ground and different fans group (young, old, disabled etc) These minutes are then posted online for all to view
This might not have been ongoing as long as the Falcons have but the culture at Newcastle Utd is changing

markismith50 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 09:24
I'd hate for this to become a chance to throw stones at the football club.

My old Journal editor Brian Aitken now works there, I understand Rafa Benitez's dealings with the media have been very positive and they have a well-established fans' forum of their own.

NUFC have been incredibly good to deal with around our Euro 2018 finals bid so, for all the positivity around our own club at the moment, please don't take it as a chance to criticise others.

dick g (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 09:57
Sorry to apparently have started a bit of a dig at the Toon. Interested to learn where Brian Aitken has ended up. He was my boss when I retired. A proper hot metal journo.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 10:21
No worries Dick. Yes, Brian is a top fella and his appointment at NUFC I think does signal a certain improvement from the football club.

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 10:43
Was there any mention of sponsors coming or going, I've read the kit supplier is changing and Newcastle university are joining forces with us. Is the university logo going to be on the front of the new shirtsnext season?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 11:42
Hi Skip,

There was no specific question on that but the club are already on record as saying we're searching for a new main sponsor, and are currently talking to companies about it.

Cheers
Smithy

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 12:29
We should be in a much better position to interest sponsors now than a year ago.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
26 March, 2017 16:49
At the forum it was confirmed we would have a new kit manufacturer next season
I have just watched Brive on tele who played in a 90% black shirt made by adidas. That would be ideal
It really looked the part

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net