rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 9th December v Bordeaux-Begles at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Friday 15th December v Dragons at Rodney Parade, 7.30pm

Last result: Northampton Saints 22-24 Newcastle Falcons

Gloucester Preview
FalconsRugby.org.uk (IP Logged)
02 April, 2017 23:16
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Gloucester Preview
DJMc (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 06:07
As always an interesting read and a perspective I am sure we can all agree on.

I have just a minor quibble and that is on your front row selection. I don't have a problem with either of the props but I would switch them around because Jon Welsh has more experience at playing at loose head.

Mafia (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 08:11
I agree re props. Davey is an out and out tighthead and Jon Welsh can play either side very well. Is the Hammer fit for a bench spot yet at 23? I thought he was near or am I mistaken. Otherwise I agree.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 10:27
Regardless of the side...I want to see a huge passionate performance on Friday night!

Physical, aggressive and attacking.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 11:16
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Regardless of the side...I want to see a huge passionate performance on Friday night!

Agreed, from the team and from the supporters.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 12:06
Quote:
Mafia
I agree re props. Davey is an out and out tighthead and Jon Welsh can play either side very well. Is the Hammer fit for a bench spot yet at 23? I thought he was near or am I mistaken. Otherwise I agree.

I highly doubt we will see Hammersley in a Falcons shirt again until pre-season. He will have to undergo an extensive rehab programme and we only have four games left. I doubt the club will take any risks with him.

Looking forward to Friday night already. It would be nice to get that win to reignite the feel good factor again and avoid the end of season being a damp squib.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 13:45
Yeah I agree about Hammersley. Not much point risking his recovery.

Though I did see a video the other week of Hammersley and the training he was doing suggested his knee is in good shape!.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 16:12
Glad Premiership rugby is back again. smiling smiley

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
03 April, 2017 17:03
Thanks for all the positive comments guys, I really appreciate it!

Aye KP should be quite noisy considering there hasn't been a prem game for so long so fans should be well up for it, and it's a Friday night which seems to bring out the best in us....

The boys will obviously want to bounce back after the dissapointing Quins game, even if we don't win all I want to see is effort, commitment and passion and I'll be ok with that, a win would be superb like...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2017 18:40 by falconsfan07.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 13:11
Apologies for one error, The glos centre is called Mark Atkinson! Silly me...

Glos will be a tough game, they opened up a dangerous Cardiff side at the weekend and tore them to shreds in the last 30. We need to contain the likes of May and sharples and purdy off the bench, twelvetrees looked good, but can he do it consistently. That's always been his issue. Could be in for an absolute try fest with both teams chucking the ball right across the pitch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 13:16 by falconsfan07.

Severus (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 20:11
Who the hell is Ryan Atkinson? Do you mean Mark? winking smiley

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
04 April, 2017 20:22
Quote:
Severus
Who the hell is Ryan Atkinson? Do you mean Mark? winking smiley

Haha my apologies, least I got his last name right!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net