rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 21st October v Bordeaux-Begles at Stade Chaban-Delmas, 5.30pm (UK time)

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 32-27 Dragons

6th, 7th or 8th
DB23 (IP Logged)
08 April, 2017 10:04
Remaining games:
Harlequins
Saracens v Quins
Quins v Exeter
Quins v Wasps
Saints v Quins

Northampton
Wasps v Saints
Saints v Saracens
Exeter v Saints
Saints v Quins

Falcons
Tigers v Falcons
Falcons v Worcester
Bristol v Falcons

We have a real chance of finishing as high as 7th looking at the remaining fixtures.
A rare win at Welford Road could set us up for a barnstorming end of season with wins over Worcester and Bristol.

I don't see Gloucester finishing above us after last night's performance.

Re: 6th, 7th or 8th
eastfalcon (IP Logged)
08 April, 2017 10:37
The Glos remaining fixtures are:

Glos v Sale
Bath v Glos
Glos v Exeter

The other 3 teams have some tough fixtures ahead, whereas on paper, we should be picking up another 8 points at least!

Onwards and Upwards!

alas (IP Logged)
08 April, 2017 10:40
The Falcons might get 10 points from Worcester and Bristol if they pick the attacking half backs and play well. Think Leicester will be too strong.

17Roundabouts (IP Logged)
08 April, 2017 18:44
At the start of the season many pundits in the media had us down as favourites for the drop,so delighted we are talking about a possible 7th,and looking good after last night..

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 08:47
Out of them fixtures I can see Harlequins picking up only 2 points. Northampton picking up 5 points and Falcons 9 points.

So I have:

6th Northampton 50
7th Harlequins 49
8th Falcons 49

If we are to make 6th then victory or 2 points is a must at Welford Road which I think is a very tough ask.

For 7th we need a bonus point at Leicester and a 5 point win out of the last 2 fixtures or 2 try bonus wins from the final 2 games. Not out of the question but Worcester seem to be scoring for fun at the moment and Bristol will give it everything in front of their fans on what will be their last Premership Game for at least a season.

So a solid 8th place finish would do me nicely. It's then time to build a winning mentality especially at home and aim for top 6 next year.

Quote:
DB23
Remaining games:

Harlequins
Saracens v Quins
Quins v Exeter
Quins v Wasps
Saints v Quins

Northampton
Wasps v Saints
Saints v Saracens
Exeter v Saints
Saints v Quins

Falcons
Tigers v Falcons
Falcons v Worcester
Bristol v Falcons

We have a real chance of finishing as high as 7th looking at the remaining fixtures.
A rare win at Welford Road could set us up for a barnstorming end of season with wins over Worcester and Bristol.

I don't see Gloucester finishing above us after last night's performance.

telfs123 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2017 11:04
There are very realistic scenarios for us to finish anywhere from 6th-9th, which if you told us that at the start of the season there would have been wild celebrations. Ultimately I agree roughly with Monkey's scenario on another thread, and think a BP win v Bris on the last weekend will give us 7th and (hopefully) means the season isn't over yet!
Getting ahead of ourselves, as long as Glos don't win the ECC, then 7th puts us in the playoff vs likely either Edinburgh or Dragons at KP, with the final of the playoff also at KP if we win.

I think that should be motivation enough to put a bazillion points on Wuss and Bris!

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 11:31
Speaking to several of the players at the sponsors evening last night and they are confident that they can achieve a 7th place finish.
Would be an awesome effort if we do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net