rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 1st December v Northampton Saints at Franklin's Gardens, 7.45pm

Last result: Wasps 40-10 Newcastle Falcons

Leicester Preview
FalconsRugby.org.uk (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 12:27
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Leicester Preview
falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 13:32
Thanks for the edit as always Monkey! Looks fantastic... really appreciated.

pityacker (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 13:52
5 of us going by car sitting at the back of the big new stand , the last time we were there was when George Ford was only about 19 before he went to Bath and he was playing as Flood was injured and he was sensational for a young kid and we got the usual walloping at Welford Road so hopefully Saturday will be better. Roll on can't wait.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 18:34
Cheers FF07, I can't get there but looking forward to watching it on the tellybox.

I've seen us take some poundings at Welford Road (83-10!!) but I also remember a draw on a Friday night about ten years ago... before that game, it had been more than a year since any team had got so much as a losing bonus point at Leicester in the league. So there's always hope.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 19:04
Quote:
Leipziger
Cheers FF07, I can't get there but looking forward to watching it on the tellybox.
I've seen us take some poundings at Welford Road (83-10!!) but I also remember a draw on a Friday night about ten years ago... before that game, it had been more than a year since any team had got so much as a losing bonus point at Leicester in the league. So there's always hope.

No bother, thanks for reading. Aye I'll have it on record...ive got a game for you Leipz, every time the bt sport cameras show Matt O'Connor, drink. Youll be wobbly by half time I bet.

Jeez that is some record! Tough place to go. Hopefully we pick a LBP up...

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 19:26
I was there for that game, and if I remember right we even got snowed on. Never mind, we still had fun on the bus on the way home.

DeceptivePace (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 19:30
Mike Delaney was at KP for the A Team fixture on Monday and looked very like he had a lightweight cast on his wrist/hand. I'd be surprised if he's in contention for the game.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 20:15
Hope you have a good trip down, one that Deano and Wellsey will be relishing, think home advantage will see us through. Not expecting 5 points, you're putting in some good performances.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 20:58
Quote:
tigerburnie
Hope you have a good trip down, one that Deano and Wellsey will be relishing, think home advantage will see us through. Not expecting 5 points, you're putting in some good performances.

Thank you tiger burnie! Looking forward to experiencing the Welford Road atmosphere and sharing some crack with the tigers fans. Only time will tell... you guys will be after all 5 I think, you need it for the play offs.

Can't wait for Saturday

Stopsy (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 20:59
Many thanks Monkey I hope you enjoy your trip, the game but not the result

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 21:00
I'm sure he hurt it tackling the glos 12 Mark Atkinson DP, got bounced off and landed awkwardly then was changed for Joel. Can't see him being fit.

alas (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 22:20
The Falcons beat Leicester at Welford Road in the championship season with Pat Lam scoring twice. Don't think they've won there since, although they lost on one occasion only because the officials gave points to Leicester for a kick that did not go between the posts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net