rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 23rd September v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm

Friday 29th September v London Irish at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 7-29 Saracens

2017: A Falcons Odyssey
FalconsRugby.org.uk (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 10:00
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: 2017: A Falcons Odyssey
pityacker (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 10:26
Like Leipziger I most certainly don't like the decision of being deprived of seeing my team play the best team in Europe and all their great players. Mick Hogan on Twitter said that the club will make 2 to 3 times more from this fixture than the equivalent game at KP and that money would be invested in players and facilities. If this is supposed to pacify disgruntled long suffering fans who have stuck with the club through some pretty dark times I'm sorry it does nothing for me as I find the whole scenario unpleasant. If the USA wants to see Premier teams in action why don't they arrange teams to stage friendly/exhibition matches and not take our prime home fixtures from us. Regarding compensation for losing this game we only get 11 top Premier games the others on the season tickets are either pre season friendliest or cup games with low crowds watching second and third choice players and many season ticket holders choose not to attend these games therefore how do you quantify reasonable compensation for the loss of one of the prime fixtures of the whole season the whole thing is a mess.

jarrowlad (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 10:53
certainly anyone who has bought a season ticket has right to feel miss led and their purchase now devalued.
any conincendence on the timing of the US game. the announcement is after the push for renewal of existing season ticket holders and the gloss painted that in addition to the home games you also get cup games ...ST being excellent value for money etc etc..

+1 I'm unhappy Falcons have made this decision.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 11:17
"The Falcons are a loss-making organisation" and for me that's why a game that brings a lot of income to the club is worthwhile. I fully appreciate other folks see it differently but if it helps the club's financial position I'm all for it, we cannot lose 2million a year and expect Mr. Kurdi to keep on bailing us out, if we have to bite the bullet, lose a fixture and balance the books (or at least get closer) so be it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net