rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 15th December v Dragons at Rodney Parade, 7.30pm

Saturday 23rd December v Harlequins at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 52-24 Bordeaux-Begles

Compensation forfeit ?
Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 18:15
I have a suggestion for all us season ticket holders.

How many would be prepared to forfeit their option of compensation made by the club today and just let the club keep the additional income?

I guess it would add up to a significant amount of additional money (50k-60k as a wild guess) for the club and would be a way of us all combining together to show our true support the the club.

The club has "player sponsorship" so this could be a one off "club sponsorship" by all the ST holders.

I'm in !

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2017 18:31 by Wensleydale Falcon.

Re: Compensation forfeit ?
falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 18:27
Aye I'm in

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 18:29
That's a really good idea would could sponsor....... Toby Flood. And every time he scores a try or kicks at goal. The announcer would say "Toby Flood sponsored by the season ticket holders"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2017 18:32 by Falcons_Thunder.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 18:45
Nice one WF. Add me to the list.
(Sm152)

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 18:55
And me.

19 May, 2017 19:05
Like that a lot Falcons Thunder!!

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 19:30
Add me in too - Great idea. Can the club make it 'Option 6' so we can positively select it?

aidanb (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 19:51
I'm not a season ticket holder but I would add in the same amount as a south stand ticket holder would get back.

dick g (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 08:29
Brilliant idea Wens. What next. Support SK collection boxes? Seriously, though, I think it is a good way of showing the sort of old-style club spirit which a poster elsewhere has suggested vanished with professionalism.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 09:03
If Semore were to sit at the entrance to KP on a match day, dressed in scruffs with bucket & piece of old cardboard with 'Rugby club to support' he would make a fortune.

Sorry, just my weird sense of humour.

Neale Harvey (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 09:30
You could put Mick Hogan in stocks outside and let ST holders chuck wet sponges at him for a quid a pop! 😁

Frontrow (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 09:34
Yes! I'm in. Make it an option please Mick if poss!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 10:11
Quote:
Frontrow
Yes! I'm in. Make it an option please Mick if poss!

Do you mean the forfeit or the sponges?
(Sm100)

lizard118 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 10:21
Excellent idea. I'm also in.

.Mick Hogan (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 10:45
If the sponges could be extended to sponge cakes then I'm definitely in!

pa8 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 11:32
Cracking idea WF, I'm in.

eebagum (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 13:58
Well done WF!Great idea-ever thought about giving up your day job?

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 18:31
Gents, sadly I'm not a season ticket holder as sadly spend too much time in the Middle East at the moment to make it financially viable, but just wanted to thank you for putting a positive spin on an opportunity for the club, and even if just suggested , your offer proves why Falcons have the best and most passionate fans in the country. Respect , gentlemen

aidanb (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 09:13
Quote:
.Mick Hogan
If the sponges could be extended to sponge cakes then I'm definitely in!

In the absence of sponge cakes could we use rock cakes ?

geordie7 (IP Logged)
27 May, 2017 19:36
I'm in great idea

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 11:17
I assume we just don't claim our rebate, refund, or whatever. The club can't force us to accept it, and if they ask when I renew my season ticket I will just politely decline.

29 May, 2017 12:25
Well there's a lot that support the idea on the board Monkey. It would be great if we could get the idea out to all the ST holders to get them to buy in into it.
I just think it would send a great message out to Semore and the club as a whole as to how much we appreciate them!!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 20:49
It would be good is the club could somehow make it a positive choice with a tangible result. The ST members being the official sponsors of Toby Flood is a nice idea, but remember that he will be a high profile player & the club will be looking to get a good sponsor for him, and I wouldn't want that option taken away from the club.

Anyone got any ideas? Exclusive use of the executive toilets for the season anyone?
(Sm105)

29 May, 2017 22:04
Doing the maths I would say that if every ST sacrificed their compensation for the Sarries game that this would more than cover the player sponsorship fee for Toby Flood.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 07:14
More elastically you might get 20%, probably less, which won't.

That should read realistically, and I am typing on a PC keyboard. Has anyone else experienced weird speeling corrections on this site recently?

DB23 (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 11:22
I have no intention of forfeiting my 'compensatory offer'.

As I mentioned on the original thread, I understand the decision taken and the commercial realities but I bought my season ticket to see rugby, that choice has been taken from me.

Having been a season ticket holder for the best part of 20 years I was excited and looking forward with optimism to seeing our improving squad in all of the home premiership games next season. Regardless of the financials, that will not now happen.

It's the ST post-purchase announcement that rankles. I would still have bought my ST but in the knowledge I knew what I was getting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net