rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Season over - see you in September!

Last result: Bristol Rugby 27-39 Newcastle Falcons

Compensation forfeit ?
Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 19:15
I have a suggestion for all us season ticket holders.

How many would be prepared to forfeit their option of compensation made by the club today and just let the club keep the additional income?

I guess it would add up to a significant amount of additional money (£50k-£60k as a wild guess) for the club and would be a way of us all combining together to show our true support the the club.

The club has "player sponsorship" so this could be a one off "club sponsorship" by all the ST holders.

I'm in !

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2017 19:31 by Wensleydale Falcon.

Re: Compensation forfeit ?
falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 19:27
Aye I'm in

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 19:29
That's a really good idea would could sponsor....... Toby Flood. And every time he scores a try or kicks at goal. The announcer would say "Toby Flood sponsored by the season ticket holders"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2017 19:32 by Falcons_Thunder.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 19:45
Nice one WF. Add me to the list.
(Sm152)

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 19:55
And me.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 20:05
Like that a lot Falcons Thunder!!

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 20:30
Add me in too - Great idea. Can the club make it 'Option 6' so we can positively select it?

aidanb (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 20:51
I'm not a season ticket holder but I would add in the same amount as a south stand ticket holder would get back.

dick g (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 09:29
Brilliant idea Wens. What next. Support SK collection boxes? Seriously, though, I think it is a good way of showing the sort of old-style club spirit which a poster elsewhere has suggested vanished with professionalism.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 10:03
If Semore were to sit at the entrance to KP on a match day, dressed in scruffs with bucket & piece of old cardboard with 'Rugby club to support' he would make a fortune.

Sorry, just my weird sense of humour.

Neale Harvey (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 10:30
You could put Mick Hogan in stocks outside and let ST holders chuck wet sponges at him for a quid a pop! 😁

Frontrow (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 10:34
Yes! I'm in. Make it an option please Mick if poss!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 11:11
Quote:
Frontrow
Yes! I'm in. Make it an option please Mick if poss!

Do you mean the forfeit or the sponges?
(Sm100)

lizard118 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 11:21
Excellent idea. I'm also in.

.Mick Hogan (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 11:45
If the sponges could be extended to sponge cakes then I'm definitely in!

pa8 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 12:32
Cracking idea WF, I'm in.

eebagum (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 14:58
Well done WF!Great idea-ever thought about giving up your day job?

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 19:31
Gents, sadly I'm not a season ticket holder as sadly spend too much time in the Middle East at the moment to make it financially viable, but just wanted to thank you for putting a positive spin on an opportunity for the club, and even if just suggested , your offer proves why Falcons have the best and most passionate fans in the country. Respect , gentlemen

aidanb (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 10:13
Quote:
.Mick Hogan
If the sponges could be extended to sponge cakes then I'm definitely in!

In the absence of sponge cakes could we use rock cakes ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Newcastle Falcons Poll

Is this a poll

See results > Submit >>