rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 25th August v Edinburgh Rugby at Melrose RFC, 6.00pm

Saturday 26th August v Doncaster Knights at Castle Park, 2.30pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 59-14 Rotherham Titans

Paying for a pint glass
lebigmac69 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 22:43
This was brought up in the Philly furore and thought it warranted further conversation.

Will the club continue to charge for the glass in which beer is served, next season? Yes, we can claim the cost back by queuing up afterwards, but I (and 100% of people I know) haven't bothered to do so and therefore overpaid for their beer. 2 pints is over £10!

The novelty cup is a good idea if you want one, but can we please have the option of not having one as well, please?

Re: Paying for a pint glass
Benpj17 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 22:49
Any move in reducing plastic waste has to be a good thing, if people don't want to wait then why not take it home and bring it next game

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2017 22:51 by Benpj17.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 23:03
Quote:
Benpj17
Any move in reducing plastic waste has to be a good thing, if people don't want to wait then why not take it home and bring it next game

Agree. Also, even if you have several pints you only have to pay the (reclaimable) deposit once if you take your glass back to the bar each time.

Lots of clubs do it and it's not something that's ever bothered me.

lebigmac69 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 07:52
If you were in a group of 4, everyone would have to finish their pints simultaneously for the person buying the next round to redeem them all! There's always at least one straggler and at least one thirsty bu55er who finishes first...!

Agree that reducing plastic waste is a good thing.

Hadn't actually considered bringing the same glass back to the next game (d'oh!).

I haven't been to an away game in years so wasn't aware that paying for the glass your beer arrives in is now standard!

dick g (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 09:23
Please see my Free Mugs posting elswhere.

pa8 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 12:39
Certainly been in at Twickenham for quite a while. It's quite amusing seeing grown men inside the plastic bins hunting the glasses to get an extra quid, like Barbour clad skip rats.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 15:43
They have them at quite a few grounds now, I much prefer them for drinking out of and even if you discard it you've probably saved more than a quid in wasted beer off those squishy type.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 19:18
Saves on waste, not kicking over half empty pint glasses, feels better in the hand and useful at bbq. Other clubs do it and I think it's a great idea.wether you have 1 or ten pints you only pay the £1 and if you can't be arsed to either keep it or get it refunded then I don't blame the kids picking them up . Another step forward by the club. Good work !

Blofeld (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 19:28
My pal brings his son and his son's friend to the matches and they love the
adventure of the hunt for discarded mugs. They pocket about a tenner a game
each, which in true 9 year old boy style they instantly reinvest in the tuck
shop, Coca-Cola and Falcons merchandise. It's a virtuous circle and
engenders the true entrepreneurial spirit in the boys. No harm done. They of
course have a Sinoti Sinoti and a Olmstad for drinks at home...'

trummy200 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 20:14
If any of you feel that its time Governments took a lead in reducing the amount of plastic that reaches the worlds oceans maybe you would like to read below and then sign the link;

By 2050, our oceans will have more plastic trash than fish.

It’s shameful. Half of the plastic made we use just once and throw out, choking our seas and all the animals in it.

But in days, our governments can stem this tide when they meet at a historical summit to outline their clean ocean commitments. Public pressure just got #2 polluter Indonesia to commit to a 70% reduction in plastic waste! Now we need to go after the other top polluters.

If one million of us get behind a global call, the Head of the UN Environment Programme will announce our petition from the summit podium and work with us to push countries to ban single-use plastics and let our oceans breathe again. Add your name:

[secure.avaaz.org]

WestonDave (IP Logged)
23 May, 2017 15:35
Not sure it adds much to your discussion but walking out of our last game (Bath) I bumped into one of the local councillors that I happened to know through voluntary circles. He had a bucket for collecting loose change for whatever the cause was that week - but he also had enough returnable beer cups to earn about £20 for the charity as well. So if you don't want it and don't want to queue up perhaps having them collected at the gate for charity might be an option.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Newcastle Falcons Poll

Is this a poll

See results > Submit >>