rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Saturday 4th November v Wasps at Ricoh Arena, 3.00pm (Anglo Welsh)

Last result: Bordeaux Begles 20-21 Newcastle Falcons

London Irish v Leedsshire
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 22:27
Irish are back in the prem after what must have been one heck of a game. 55 - 48 with tries popping up all over the place. Agg score 84 - 66 I think.

Sorry to see Brizzle go but so nice to have the nutters in green back. Also good to see Leeds put up a good game.

Re: London Irish v Leedsshire
AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
25 May, 2017 22:55
Watched the game honestly that Ryan Burrows could be some signing for us he is so strong. smiling smiley

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
26 May, 2017 09:05
Can't see Irish giving the premiership clubs much cause for concern. And I expect with the team we are putting together nothing less then 7th will do

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2017 12:09
You say that but rugby is very much about confidence and momentum, so with one proper home game in our first four league games it will certainly be a challenge not to start on the back foot.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2017 12:50
They have a decent team but I saw somebody saying they don't need anybody, well I am sorry but just because they finish top of the Championship doesn't mean they will be powerhouses in the Premiership. smiling smiley

aidanb (IP Logged)
26 May, 2017 14:26
It was an awful game.

Osric (IP Logged)
26 May, 2017 19:43
How? Why?

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2017 19:58
The defence was shocking and was littered handling errors, was miles away from a top class game

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2017 20:11
It was good to watch. However there won't be anyone in the top flight (Bristol included) who will be worried playing them at the moment.

Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
26 May, 2017 21:30
Irish fan in peace.

Burrows will be an excellent signing for you guys. He is a top carrier and beast in contact.

As regards our chances next year, we know it's going to be tough, and as far as I am aware we have reinforcements arriving in the summer to help bridge the gap. As for the final against Carnegie, I wouldn't judge us off that, as it was a bit of an anomaly, as our average points conceded per game across the season was 14.5 and I#m not sure anyone picked up a try bonus point against us.

At 43-20 up ten minutes after the break on Wednesday night, so 34 points ahead on aggregate I think we just switched off, and conceded 2 tries when we were down to 13 men after franks red card and Court's yellows.

I know a lot of our fans are looking forward to their annual trip to your place next year, so good luck for the season, hope it's a good game when we do face off.

Timeshock! (IP Logged)
27 May, 2017 09:37
Well the league does not lie, LI have had a great season and there are not very many teams and supporters that underestimate the struggle ahead to compete in the premiership. Good luck.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
27 May, 2017 09:48
Yeah good luck to them for next season, like I said they have got a decent squad already. smiling smiley

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 08:43
They shouldn't really have ever gone down with some of the players they had, but like us they courted relegation for so many years it was bound to happen.

Irish will be competitive next year. At least the playoffs have finished so whoever wins the Championship next year can hopefully start planning earlier for a stint in the top flight.

Though ironically it'll probably end up being really close!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 13:30
Quote:
Kwa444
Irish will be competitive next year.....

I am not so sure. Being in the Championship for a whole season and having had a dire season before that they will be hopelessly out of familiarity with the Premiership standard & speed of game. I wouldn't be surprised if they started the season off with a long run of losses including a sound tonking or two along the way. It certainly won't be an easy season for them, and understanding that from the outset (unlike Bristol for example) will be half the battle. Just cast your minds back to how we struggled first season back up, and what state the players were in after 60 minutes never mind 80.

Quote:
Kwa444
Though ironically it'll probably end up being really close!

Bristol will absolutely walk it. I wouldn't be surprised if Pat Lam makes a 100% win in all competitions an absolute minimum acceptable standard, and with the squad he has to start with having had a taste of what they have to aspire to, I would expect them to achieve it too.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 18:33
With you there Monkey in respect to Bristol.
I think that they will seriously put some sides to the sword !!

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 18:53
I would expect the same to be fair, but fate is a funny thing. Just look at Durham in the cricket - not as dominant as might have been expected in the league below.

Just think it would be ironic if the Championship was close is all....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net