rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 1st December v Northampton Saints at Franklin's Gardens, 7.45pm

Last result: Wasps 40-10 Newcastle Falcons

My Story/not here next season!
falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 16:06
Hi guys, as some of you may be aware, I am heading out to Africa in September for three months voluntary work with ICS (INTERNATIONAL CITIZEN SERVICE) I don't know which country I am heading to yet but it is one of either, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Tongo, Kenya or Senegal.

This was a fantastic opportunity for me and one that I just could not turn down.

So I am raising money for the organisation Y Care International who are working in 79 countries around the world, there aim is to stop poverty, whether it be by providing food and water aid, providing children with basic numeracy and literacy skills they need so they can kick on and potentially do something special. Building suitable education facilities for children or providing maternal health for women. They do a huge amount of work in helping people in some of the poorest parts of the world. They work so hard that others can have a better life.

So while doing the fundraising I have given myself a challenge...I am going to do a half marathon, not the great North run because I am actually away when it is on, but I am going to do a half marathon around Teeside....with a weighted vest because I'm a bit of a loon and like making things harder for myself.

So yes, If you have got something to spare and would like to donate, I would hugely appreciate it and wouldn't be able to thank you enough. You would be helping a great organisation that is looking to make a positive impact in the world.

So yeah guys, unfortunately I am not here next season as when I get back I'm registered to go in the Navy so I am leaving Teeside and the club I love, but there is more to life than rugby and at only 20 I think it is the right time for me to help others in need and give something back to the country.

So there will be no match preview threads from me next season I'm afraid..Someone else can take over that fun role.

Also...as many of you know I have a flag that I wave about in the South stand. As I am not here next season or for probably a while after that I will be donating the flag to falcons fan, if you attend most home games and want to wave a flag around like a nutter then PM me with your address and I'll get it sent over to you.

Anyway back to my story, if you would like to donate or read more about my story click the link :- [www.justgiving.com] (I'm the lad on the right by the way)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2017 16:12 by falconsfan07.

Re: My Story/not here next season!
markismith50 (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 16:39
All the best for what lies ahead, and thanks for your support.

lebigmac69 (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 17:07
Great job on the match previews and good luck with your charity work - sounds amazing and good on you.

pa8 (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 18:06
We've had our disagreements on here but I'd just like to wish you good luck with your future ventures.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
02 June, 2017 18:40
Good luck mate hope it goes well for you. smiling smiley

lizard118 (IP Logged)
03 June, 2017 08:29
All the very best Ff7. You've been such a breath of fresh air on this board and I for one will miss your positivity you've brought here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2017 15:40 by lizard118.

Osric (IP Logged)
03 June, 2017 18:06
All the best FF7. Your enthusiasm on here has been very welcome and will serve you well both in your volunteering and your service career. Good on you.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
03 June, 2017 18:14
You seem a bloody good lad, good on you. Worth dropping the supporters club a line they tend to pick a charity each season to support.

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
03 June, 2017 21:32
FF07 - sorry we won't have the pleasure of your company next season. I always enjoyed your posts. All the best for Africa and RN. Maybe you'll make Admiral.

Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
03 June, 2017 23:22
What a decent and caring person you are . Good luck to you and I hope you and your fellow vounteers make a difference to this sometimes s*tty world.
Well done sir.
(Sm152)

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

Da' nzho!
Pawel Vygot.

Pricey (IP Logged)
04 June, 2017 11:53
I've posted on another thread that I have an Falcons autographed ball going free - I'm a Gloucester supporter so it's no use to me . Do you want me to send it to you so you can raffle it?

sparkyweb (IP Logged)
04 June, 2017 20:17
I have really enjoyed your match previews, so thanks for doing them.

It sounds like you are going to have a really interesting time and such a great experience, good luck with it and your future career!
If you are going to run a raffle for the ball mentioned above please let me know although i'm far down south in sussex, if i can purchase a few tickets i will do so.

Good luck and thanks again for your articles.

Sparky

Leipziger (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 06:55
Good luck FF7 for your ventures, that's a great cause you're contributing too and a very noble career you're going on to. You'll no doubt have some amazing adventures and if you get involved in any rugby in Africa, please send us some articles!

Thanks for your previews and we'll certainly miss your mad enthusiasm for all things Falcons on here!

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 07:58
Good luck & best wishes for the future

trummy200 (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 09:45
I will add my best wishes too. Found your enthusiasm and knowledge almost awesome! Good luck - hope all on here will support your charity run!

aidanb (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 12:38
Wow Conor,
Some fan you are putting the Falcons behind the citizens of the world and serving your country.

Couldn't be like you.

Well done and we will miss your contributions in here and on the south stand.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 14:09
Pretty stoked by all the support I've got off here.

Just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for the wishes and donations. Really appreciate all the support and love people. Cant wait to get over there and make a difference.

Thanks again guys!

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 14:12
Quote:
Pricey
I've posted on another thread that I have an Falcons autographed ball going free - I'm a Gloucester supporter so it's no use to me . Do you want me to send it to you so you can raffle it?

Hi pricey,

No need pal. I live 45 miles south of Newcastle so it wouldn't get raffled for much down here I don't think.

Thank you for the offer though.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
06 June, 2017 18:41
You have been an inspiration, in the South Stand & on this nonsense board. I will definitely back your run with a few quid, deserved for a great effort.

Don't be a stranger once in the RN, take in a game or two when on leave & stay in touch on here. I've known a few mates who went in the Navy, great careers & it produces great blokes. Just remember the motto about the old Andrew; you shouldn't have joined if you can't take a joke.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
10 June, 2017 22:25
Quote:
Monkey1
You have been an inspiration, in the South Stand & on this nonsense board. I will definitely back your run with a few quid, deserved for a great effort.
Don't be a stranger once in the RN, take in a game or two when on leave & stay in touch on here. I've known a few mates who went in the Navy, great careers & it produces great blokes. Just remember the motto about the old Andrew; you shouldn't have joined if you can't take a joke.

Thank you mate! Love this board it's great. Cannot thank you enough for the flags and the laughs we've had in the South Stand! I've loved every bit of it and will be back up when I'm home next season!

Aye I'm loooking forward to the challenge! In the training and away from it. It should be an eventful 8 months training that's for sure!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 11:06
I haven't forgotten this, just keep remembering at stupid times. I Will try to remember to bung a few quid into the Justgiving wotsit this weekend. Seeing your post today reminded me.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 10:15
Quote:
Monkey1
I haven't forgotten this, just keep remembering at stupid times. I Will try to remember to bung a few quid into the Justgiving wotsit this weekend. Seeing your post today reminded me.

Thanks Monkey,

There's plenty of time to get the money in so there is no rush, but thank you for the support, it's a great charity.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 11:15
Finally got round to it, hope to see you later for a grand day at KP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net