rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 21st October v Bordeaux-Begles at Stade Chaban-Delmas, 5.30pm (UK time)

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 32-27 Dragons

Signings
Oneforthefatboys (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 22:55
So do we now think that there will be no more signings. Have to admit, I m really happy with the squad and guessing that this is the case.

Re: Signings
Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 08:47
Looking at the squad list, I think that will be it bar one or two re-signings
Ally Hogg for example, appears out of contract but there's been no announcement. If Hoggy can carry on as a senior player with a limited workload etc helping players like Chick then he is a must keep
Maybe another player in the front row - Rogers covers LH & TH

pityacker (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 08:48
Not strong enough at prop Scott Wilson has been injured for at least 2 seasons while Davey Wilson not even a shadow of the player he once was leaving the superb Jon Welsh playing a huge amount of the time. At loose head Sam Lockwood returning from a serious Achilles injury so who knows how that will go while Rob Vickers was asked like Jon Welsh to play far too much and while excellent as ever round the park has started to creak at times at scrum time while the new signing the beast from Lyon (Can't remember his name) is an unknown quantity but hopefully a good find. Apart from that I think we are in better shape than for many a year but scrums are such an important part of the game I think propping is a worry but management may have a different view.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 09:12
Paddy Ryan called up to USA team.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 09:19
Pityacker

That's my biggest worry....the front row. The two Wilsons have barely played or not shown ANY kind of form when they have....and Lockwood and Mavinga are wait and see how they go.

It could work out very well...or it could go horribly wrong. Only time will tell on that front.

Although Dean and his team are watching them everyday and im confident they'll know the crack.

steve1888 (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 12:07
Both Wilsons need a full pre season , don't think either got last season. Get them back anywhere near their best and we're in good shape for props IMO.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 12:50
Still slightly worried about the front row, one more signing at prop I think otherwise the squad is looking great. smiling smiley

jokboy (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 17:51
I thought after fans forum it was said there was another two signings??

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 18:14
Flood and Cowell?

jokboy (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 20:17
Flood was announced on the night but you may be right

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 21:37
I suppose if there are more signings to come Smithy will announce these as and when
We still have a new shirt, manufacturer and sponsor to be announced yet so plenty to keep us entertained before pre season

james46 (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 12:00
Quote:
Falc Dancer
Flood and Cowell?

Cowell is a scrum half, very fast and great at sniping, less good at kicking.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 08:29
I see young LH Prop Trevor Davison has got a very good bit of praise from Wardy and from his colleagues at Blaydon. His physical strength is very noticeable and he's constantly the stand out for Blaydon. I really hope the lad comes on great with us.

If Mavigna and Lockwood can really show up then our LH worries could be sorted and young Mr Vickers can be managed properly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net