rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 15th December v Dragons at Rodney Parade, 7.30pm

Saturday 23rd December v Harlequins at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 52-24 Bordeaux-Begles

Argentina 34 England 38
Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
10 June, 2017 21:01
One of the most entertaining England games I've seen in a long time and our own mark Wilson was outstanding and deserves every bit of his 1st cap

Re: Argentina 34 England 38
Osric (IP Logged)
10 June, 2017 21:11
A great performance from Mark - well done

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
10 June, 2017 21:26
Fantastic performance from Mark, big turnovers, tackles, carries
The England team played very well
Solomona with a great try but he can't tackle like that at this level

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
10 June, 2017 21:43
And solomana is not not English...I hate that 3 year rule....

Anyway regardless he took his try like he has all season...brilliantly

The team showed guts. Piers Francis showed great touches...2 assists and Tom curry was class for 18 year old- what a talent that kid is. Imagine when he actually matures and puts a stone or so of muscle on and gets really Fit! Our Mark Wilson was outstanding aswell. 3/4 turnovers, tackles, carries a constant nuisance.

Even Eddie couldn't hide in his interview...for all he desires control, and measured play he just enjoyed the kids opening it up and showing guts to keep fighting

exhooker (IP Logged)
10 June, 2017 23:25
That was a splendid game and Mark Wilson certainly took the opportunity offered.

dick g (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 06:21
What a game. What a performance from Mark W. What a try from Salmonella. Roll on next Saturday.

Yorksfalcon (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 07:00
Great game and great performance from Mark Wilson. I think the pundits in the studio confused a couple of his turnovers for Curry turnovers though, especially the one close to our line. The kid is a good player but I think mark was better on the day.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 10:25
Agree Yorkshire regarding young Curry, the Torygraph rated Mark Wilson's performance as the most impressive of the debutants giving him 8 from 10.
I like how Mark just goes about his job in a really quiet and professional manner.
I think he's here to stay and should kick on in that England shirt. Well done Mark, and again well deserved.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 15:06
Great game to watch, one of the best I've seen for many a moon. Mark Wilson had a great game, really pleased for him. For an 18 year old Curry was superb too, he is going to be some player. Some great young talent at Eddie's disposal.

Think the criticism of Hartley is rather harsh, he could easily have gone into a huff having not been selected for the Lions. I don't think his influence on the younger players can be overestimated.

Horus (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 16:46
After rewinding the recording of the match post this Sunday lunchtime, I would like to put on record the comment of one of the pundits at/ or after the match on Mark's performance: " Fabulous". Not hardto disagree.

aidanb (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 17:54
I think both Robinson and Butler said it

Or one of them said it and the other agreed

mannin (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 20:15
Whilst the Curry's look like excellent prospects, they are very lightweight currently and need to be looked after in regards to their exposure to the top level.

oldlad (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 20:51
If you were Eddie Jones who would you pick for the back row for the second test,if Robshaw is fit.

DB23 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 21:05
Some nice comments about Mark Wilson from Eddie Jones

[www.skysports.com]

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 06:55
He had a great game - got through so much work really impressive

steve1888 (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 07:57
He put in a great shift indeed and be harsh if he loses his place after that. Concerns me Jones says he's been a revelation? This is what he does week in week out!!

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 08:24
Better late than never. Seems like Eddie now realises the quality Mark brings to the England squad both as a player and a team member.

Barring injury, I'm sure Mark Wilson will now go on to have an international career which is fully deserved and will be great for him and the Falcons.

12 June, 2017 11:37
I wonder what Eddie thinks of the humble pie he's eating at the minute

Yorksfalcon (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 12:46
I'm also not sure what Eddie Jones meant when he said that Marks selection showed that there was more than one path to international recognition?? It's not like we play in the third division Eddie!!???

davietoon (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 16:15
Maybe not via Leicester,Northampton,Worcester,Exeter,or London.😉

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 21:09
Eddie will want to win and will go for the back row that makes it most likely. He might start with Wilson at 6 and Robshaw at 7, with Curry on the bench or Robshaw at 6 with Wilson on the bench.

Eddie seems to think if you're good enough you are old enough, but I also think Wilson is very much his type of player. My bet is Robshaw and Wilson as 6.5s to start.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 09:56
And Wilson can also cover 4/5. And we know how successful Ewels was there😑. One of the most intriguing selections.

alas (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 11:30
Was a cracking game and performance by Mark.

London_Falcon (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 15:55
I think the Eddie Jones reference to there being more than one path to international honours is fair enough. A lot of our current England crop went through all the age groups (u16/u18/u20). Mark Wilson has done his learning in the Premiership and Championship and has now been given some justified (if belated) recognition.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
15 June, 2017 19:11
Mark on the bench for the 2nd test match on Saturday
Slightly disappointed for him after last weeks performance

pa8 (IP Logged)
15 June, 2017 19:32
I think Eddie Jones was always going to give Underhill a run and with Robshaw being fit again it's no great surprise, albeit disappointing, that Mark's not in the starting lineup. At least he's in the matchday squad though and will get his second cap.

davietoon (IP Logged)
15 June, 2017 19:44
Hopefully he 'll get on 2nd half ,bit hard after a really good game last week but understandable when Robshaw is fit.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
15 June, 2017 19:59
Underhill getting a game is understandable as Jones needs to see what he's capable of
What is Jones going to learn about Robshaw in a test against Argentina that he doesn't already know. Pointless selection in my opinion

pa8 (IP Logged)
15 June, 2017 21:40
Eddie Jones clearly rates Robshaw, now, highly. Whilst seeing what else is out there in the case of injury and unavailability he also wants to win the second test. He knows the Argies are going to come at us hard to try and level the series so maybe he sees his best chance of winning is by opting for the more experienced international.

16 June, 2017 07:43
I think being on the bench is a great achievement. I'm sure young curry would have been ecstatic to be on the bench then not playing. Says a lot about Mark that he's in the match day 23

lizard118 (IP Logged)
16 June, 2017 22:24
Agree there Falcons Thunder. And to think Don Armand who has been playing exceptionally well for Exeter is not even in the squad. Really nice see Wilson among the 23.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net