rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 23rd September v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm

Friday 29th September v London Irish at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 7-29 Saracens

Shirt deal confirmed
Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 08:06
ISC have been confirmed as the new club kit provider on a three year deal
The club have confirmed that a massive leisure wear range will be available that even includes toddler size shirts
A third shirt for European games will be available in the style of Gosforth
Sounds good to me

[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Re: Shirt deal confirmed
cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 09:02
Looks like the away will be available in cotton which is great news have been whinging about that for years. Looks like a good move this

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 12:22
I know they have been working on this deal for a very long time & Mick was very excited to be able to offer a full range including toddler kit, ladies-fit shirts, proper leisure wear that rugby supporter shaped people can wear, and most importantly good quality. There must be loads of ladies who have been waiting a long time for a shirt that they actually would wear, and blokes who are not replica players who also yearn for a wearable shirt. Hopefully they will sell like hot cakes.

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 13:28
Which sponsor's are on the shirts?

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 16:03
No main sponsor announced yet
If the shirt options, leisure range and toddler sizes etc are available as the clubs statement suggests then we fans we need get behind it, for a long time fans have asked for cotton tops, lady fit shirts etc. If it doesn't sell the club won't stock it, it's a business at the end of the day
Looking forward to having my little lad running around in his toddlers falcons shirt this summer

exhooker (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 23:33
That is good news. ~I look forward to my visit to the shop

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 10:33
ISC have done a fantastic job over the years for South Sydney so I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 12:16
The club are still talking to potential sponsors, note the plural, which is good news as in previous years they have been lucky to get just one interested. They have however set a minimum price for the main shirt sponsorship, and will not negotiate below that figure as it devalues the other club sponsors. Their preference is to have no main shirt sponsor rather than sell it cheap, and I respect that.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 17:25
I agree Monkey, the club should set a value and stick to it
If the club don't get an offer which matches their valuation then my preference would be to offer the space to a local charity rather than go without a sponsor

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 05:42
Yes I think my favourite sponsor on the shirt was the Teenage Cancer Trust. I wholeheartedly support the club's thinking on this. I always thought it was a shame when Barcelona dropped UNICEF.

aidanb (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 15:29
Forget about the shirt sponsor

Surely someone is going to have a pop at mick and mark about there never being a replica / fans shirt available until after the season has started. Someone's done it for the last few years so it has to happen again. Surely

alas (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 16:10
As far as I know, the premiership main sponsor hasn't been announced yet, so no one can do a replica shirt yet.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 16:21
Hi, the Premiership is being sponsored by Aviva this season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2017 16:25 by markismith50.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 20:17
So does that.mean they renewed then? - there was some suggestion that they were done for the time being.

I always think brewers go best with rugby for some reason. I liked having Northern Rock written on the shirts, however even then it was still a bank and that was before it's subsequent demise.

Just glad we haven't got a betting syndicate, though I guess if one meets the bill and no other sponsor comes forward then I shouldn't speak too soon... someone has to pay the players and staff, and the stuff doesn't grow on trees.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 20:24
Yes, Aviva renewed.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 11:10
Thanks Smithy. Any idea when the first images of the shirts will be published? I guess that depends on the sponsor being signed up ..... which you won't know until it happens.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 11:26
Hi Kwa, it's "watch this space" regarding shirt pics at the moment.

If you keep an eye on the club website and social media channels we will keep you updated.

Cheers
Smithy

aidanb (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 16:42
new training kit all over twitter with Toby Flood wearing it

markismith50 (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 16:51
I'll chuck some training pics on twitter and FB tonight, hopefully.

aidanb (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 17:05
[:wor kid:]

aidanb (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 17:07
hahahaha
that was nothing like what i thought i was posting

it was intended to just be a smiley

(Sm15)

markismith50 (IP Logged)
20 July, 2017 20:39
Hi guys, here is a gallery from today's training [www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
21 July, 2017 07:13
Shirt looks good, mainly black always goes down well. So good to see Toby back in the right place. Nice to have him back.

CSGG (IP Logged)
21 July, 2017 12:35
The training gear displayed in the gallery looks ace, hopefully the full range will be available online.

Keen to say the playing kit now!!

Swift Falcon (IP Logged)
21 July, 2017 12:57
The interview with Noah which is featured in those pics is now on the BBC website:

Noah speaks

Ignore the waffle about the cheetahs in the article, the interview is good though.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
21 July, 2017 13:16
Floody will be on Look North tonight, was on ITV Tyne Tees last night (it's online somewhere) and also did a video with Pundit Arena. There's a lengthy interview with him on the offy and he also has a double pager in tomorrow's Journal as well as his long chat on BBC Newcastle's Facebook page.

He was a busy lad at yesterday's presser, bless him, but he just got on and did it all.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 11:30
Is the shirt just being unveiled tonight at the 7s then?

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 14:47
The away shirt will be.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 16:50
Hi guys, we're in the away shirt for the 7s, and the home shirt will be unveiled in August.

Cheers
Smithy

theblaydonracer (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 17:54
Well the new away shirt is.. interesting

28 July, 2017 18:01
I'm I stupid or has gosforth always been Green and white not green and grey? I'm not impressed one bit

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 18:05
The away shirt is awful
The third shirt will be a Gosforth link not the away one ?

28 July, 2017 18:08
Quote:
Falc Dancer
The away shirt is awful
The third shirt will be a Gosforth link not the away one ?

I think they need to mark the euro shirt the away shirt because the green and grey is horrendous

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 18:10
The gosforth colours are going into the European strip aren't they?

Quite fond of it, better than that orange one. Most moaned last season when the orange strip came out but it seemed to grow on people.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 18:24
Hi, yes, the Euro shirt will be the Gosforth colours.

helmet (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 20:20
omg that grey/ lime green kit who decided on that, what an eyesore

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 20:23
To be fair. Like it or not, have a look at Saints away shirt before you grumble too much!!!

davidten (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 20:57
Don't mind the new away shirt, what about a main sponsor for the club any news on that smithy

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 21:11
Well I like the grey and green - looking forward to seeing it for real.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 21:34
Well in the plus side, having seen the away kit tonight, that's 70 I won't be spending on a shirt so I guess that's a win

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 21:38
Sorry Smithy, don't think you're going to need to waste much hanger space on the new shirt. It's awful (in my opinion!)

markismith50 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 22:57
Last season's orange kit got a similarly rough welcome on here but sold in very good numbers, though I'm certainly not pretending to be an expert on merchandising matters.

exhooker (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 23:19
That shirt is awful. It's main problem is that it doesn't stand out., so perhaps the hope is that the opposition won't see us. ~I certainly shan't spend any money on that.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 06:59
Ultimately it will probably sell as despite the colours it has a falcons badge on it and we love the team. It's not as visually offensive as the orange which is a bonus as no one wants to look like a dustbin man or road worker wearing day glo in the pub. The away shirt probably sold better , as last season it appeared to get more wear by the team than the traditional black home kit!!!
Grey and green does seem to be this years colours as Gloucester have just launched their X-blades training range and its very similar. I'm guessing each year the marketing teams get together and come up with the same plans.
All of that said, unless both the home and European shirts are truly horrific I can see a lot of the away kits being sold off half price June of next year so hopefully the club won't stock too many. Indeed it would be great if for a change the club makes an effort to stock a few more of the popular sizes . By that I mean the Home Authentic shirts in sizes xl-xxxl. As the home kit in the tailored match fit , xxl and xxxl disappear in weeks and the club is left with dozens of size small in the shop for the rest of the year, which unless your a jockey or a hobbit won't fit you.
Separately , every other club will print up your shirt with official premiership numbers , whereas to my knowledge , the Falcons will put numbers on but not the official ones.it might be a nice touch as I'm sure that Flood would be popular and our New England international! With other clubs charging around 10 for this , it might be an opportunity to get a bit more income.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 07:51
Yeah, have to agree with the majority and say that the new away kit is disgusting. Surely the home kit will be better (after all you can't really go wrong with black!).

pityacker (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 07:55
Will have to see how the cotton shirt looks and if it has a collar or not but personally although a bit of a shock at first I quite like it and will most probably buy one. I tend now to look at polo and tee shirts as have a cupboard full of replicas so looking forward to what the new supplier offers.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 08:52
We have a new retail manager who is really on the ball with all this stuff, so it should be an improved service this season once the stock is in.

Cheers
Smithy

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 09:36
Thanks for taking the time to reply on a Saturday Mark. It's not intended to be a whinge, just based on the demographic of rugby players and fans in general , and this isn't meant in a mean way, the larger sizes will be more popular and with the authentic shirts being a higher quality but a tighter fit the shop tends to sell out of the sizes we buy and then gets left will all the XS,S and mediums. Obviously we can't discriminate against hobbits, Gnomes and Pixies as Falcons is an inclusive club but it would be nice if some of the larger sizes were still available around Christmas.
I have no doubt the Marketing chaps are all over it and notwithstanding the away kit will will no doubt be a grower, I'm excited to see the new range as Falcons seem to have (and I don't want to tempt fate) shrugged off the poor and struggling club image and now seem to be looked at as a team that plays exciting rugby and now a bit of a wild card as on our day we can beat most then frustratingly can fail to close games we should win but overall should make for a lot of entertainment . I have a good friend who works at Gloucester and apparently they have been watching the efforts that our club are putting into the match day experience.
When is the home shirt released?

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 10:23
Leave us hobbitses alone!

Though I take your point... that said I have found the reverse on many occasions with normal sizes - many manufacturers/suppliers/shops often end up with the very large and very small sizes left available at discount while they run out of the middling sizes early and at full price. Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

You'll just have to get in early and pre order!!!

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 10:36
Lol, always do. And certainly not size-ists as I was little......a long time ago! I think your absolutely right that the standard supporters shirts get left in the big sizes as they are a normal fit. The match Authentic ones being a tighter fit mean that unless your a toned god for a normal xl fit you need a xxxl and a large is about an xxl and I guess most fall within that bracket. Equally I belibe the national average for ladies is a size 14,, with 16 or 18 being the biggest Shirt a lot of manufacturers do.
However, I'm sure the shop is all over it and as you say , just a case of getting in first, though presumably the aim is to sell as many as possible lol

markismith50 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 11:12
No worries rafpilot, I'm rattling around a hotel in Northampton so no problem replying to posts. We'll update you on release dates when we know for sure, but we have internal plans which hinge on delivery dates being adhered to. Hopefully not long now.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 12:06
Well I hope they put you up in somewhere a bit more glamorous when in Philadelphia. Obviously as supporters we like to grumble but we appreciate that shirt sponsorship, company delivery times and a host of other factors play their part and looking forward to picking up your new shirt has long been part of the build up to the season. Just please tell us the European shirt isn't Day-glo!!🤔

markismith50 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 13:27
No, the Euro shirt will be 'traditional' colours that people will be very familiar with in our region.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 13:57
TBH , I'm not sure red and white will work for everyone 🤔😜

Falconski (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 20:34
I have to back what others have said the new away shirt is awful. I certainly will not be buying it.

sparkyweb (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 08:22
I wasn't too sure about the new shirt at first, but it has grown on me and I quite like it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net