rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 15th December v Dragons at Rodney Parade, 7.30pm

Saturday 23rd December v Harlequins at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 52-24 Bordeaux-Begles

Daft question
SiBolton (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 21:05
Quins supporter here looking at the trip up in December as always a great away day.
But a quick question, I visited 3 times and all have been on a Sunday, missed a Friday night fixture
Is the preference for Friday and Sunday games?
Hoping we get a Saturday, but wondering on the likelihood

Re: Daft question
pa8 (IP Logged)
11 July, 2017 22:06
Unfortunately I think BT have only selected their games up until the first weekend in December, so would think it'll depend on whether it's subsequently picked for live TV.

dick g (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 07:52
The question isn't daft. Friday nights are popular because they offer the opportunity of a working week ending jolly without impinging on the weekend. Home crowds are large and noisy. It also means, of course, that visiting sides bring fewer supporters and the environment can appear unwelcomely hostile. I hope, however, that Friday fixtures are arranged mainly for commercial reasons. That's right isn't it Mr Hogan sir?

alas (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 08:55
Maybe it's got more boozers and fewer children, but the crowd on Friday isn't any larger than Sunday. The largest crowd last season was on a Friday, but that was attractive opposition (Wasps) and over Xmas/New Year. The two lowest league crowds were also on Friday night.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 06:49
Cheers for the replies, would like it to be a Saturday , but will have to wait and see
Just can't ever remember playing there on a Saturday

dick g (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 07:26
You need to be as old as me to remember Saturday games. They make things difficult for those who also support the round ball game.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 10:56
Saturdays clash with local club rugby so as a general rule are avoided unless telly dictates or the game would clash with footie.

aidanb (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 12:28
When Rob Andrew first joined the club they played saturdays until a quick survey of the local scene showed them their market was really still playing.

I remember speaking to him in the bar one night about it and he was busy working at the time to get the games shifted so their clientele could get there

limpopo (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 12:33
They did play Saturdays aidan, you are spot on, I was there, as they say!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net