rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 1st December v Northampton Saints at Franklin's Gardens, 7.45pm

Last result: Wasps 40-10 Newcastle Falcons

Season Tickets / Proof of age
rubyrhone (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 15:06
If it helps anybody, who like me, has miles to go to the ticket office to provide proof of age, the email address to send a photo of your ID is:-

fans@newcastle-falcons.co.uk

Why we can't just present the ID plus season ticket at the first match to be verified I have no idea. Worst than EU regulations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/07/2017 09:45 by aidanb.

Re: Proof of age
markismith50 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 15:21
As I stated on the other thread, we have sadly had to bring in this measure due to an increasing number of supporters abusing the concession ticket pricing and claiming discounts they are not entitled to.

The result is that we now need to see proof of age before issuing the season ticket. It's not a measure we have any pleasure in taking, but is sadly necessary due a rising number of chancers.

Cheers
Smithy

eebagum (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 15:42
Hi Smithy, please read my post on the other thread--basically if I have had an OAP ST for about 10years do I need to provide ID?...I am not getting younger!!!!
I do hope common sense prevails.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 17:34
Hi, yes, you do. As I say, abuse of the system by a minority has sadly led to this.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 21:54
I am absolutely behind this process and in my opinion it has been long overdue.

Like everything in life the minority spoil it for the majority!!

26 July, 2017 06:19
If you've had an OAP season ticket for ten years, what's to say that you've ever been entitled?

dick g (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 07:49
All I need to produce in order to verify my age is my face.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 08:38
Purely as an anecdotal aside, I popped into the ticket office this morning and today they've already had two people wrongly trying to claim concession prices they weren't entitled to. When they came in to provide their proof of age this was flagged up and they were sold the appropriate ticket.

We do realise this is an additional hassle for people and we don't enjoy asking you, but I hope fans can understand why this is necessary.

Cheers
Smithy

A tramp abroad (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 08:56
I don't understand the fuss on this topic. It is quite normal to have to produce proof of age when applying for tickets at concessionary prices. I am surprised that this has not been required in previous seasons.

Season tickets.
pityacker (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 09:36
Season ticket arrived today and a claim form for missing Saracens game and a international ballot form plus a free coaster included , mine has Sinoti on, also the season ticket is in a plastic folder with a Falcons ribbon attached to hang round your neck , delightful and thank you and well done Falcons.

Re: Season tickets.
DJMc (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 09:44
Well done to the Falcons' admin staff for getting the season ticket holders pack out before the first posting on this message board of " when will we receive our season tickets" .

25 July, 2017 09:46
Wondering wether to get one for the upcoming campaign. Work day shift on Sundays now so not sure how many games I'd miss especially with the AW/ECC fixtures still not being announced.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 10:42
Hi, we were hoping to have the Anglo-Welsh dates out by now but the ongoing kerfuffle with the Pro 12 has meant we have had to delay the announcement while we find out exactly what the Welsh sides are doing with their league programme.

Also, thanks for the positive feedback regarding the ST packs being sent out. If you ordered before July 12 you should have yours by the end of the week. Anyone who ordered a concession ticket needs to provide proof of age to the club before their pack is sent out.

Cheers
Smithy

DeceptivePace (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 11:55
Mine arrived today in a snazzy black padded envelope. A small thing I know but it looked/felt like something special had landed on the mat. Not sure yet if I'll use the lanyard but I appreciate the thought behind it.
One query that someone may be able to answer for me: the accompanying letter mentions the pre-season friendlies and asks South and North Terrace ST holders to claim a ticket in the stand of their choice before August 9th.
Does this mean that the intention is to close both South and North terraces for the pre-season games?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 12:07
Hi DeceptivePace,

Yes, it's just the East and West open, so please contact the ticket office and they'll sort you out with an allocated seat for the friendlies.

Likewise, all East and West ST holders also need to contact the ticket office to tell us they'll be using their seats for the friendlies. You can call 0871 226 6060, email fans@newcastle-falcons.co.uk or visit KP in person.

Cheers
Smithy

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 14:47
COuldn't book tickets for the friendly matches in East Stand for some reason - a bit annoyed as don't think there is any atmosphere in the West Stand. But roll on the new season.

eebagum (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 15:37
Hi Smithy, please clarify...if I have had an OAP ST for the last x seasons,will I need to show proof of age. sadly I am not getting any younger!oh, and I live 50odd miles from KP so not exactly easy to 'pop in'.

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 17:09
I received mine today and a nice birthday present it was too with special package and free coaster.

I had a lengthy discussion with one of the ladies in the Club Shop last week who was most helpful about the need for proof for the concession Season Tickets.

I think the lanyard idea is very good and I'm very pleased that our ticket now says North East Terrace as this couldn't be done last season. It caused no end of problems with stewarding. The need to continually say, "I understand it says South East Terrace, but I stand in the North East Terrace" and the refusal to get in through the North Stand entrance was annoying. I'm glad this will be avoided.

Well done all 👍

alas (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 17:32
Quote:
rubyrhone
COuldn't book tickets for the friendly matches in East Stand for some reason - a bit annoyed as don't think there is any atmosphere in the West Stand. But roll on the new season.

The East Stand is almost all season ticket holders and they've got until 9th August to confirm whether they want their seat for the friendlies.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 18:23
I have received my season ticket today as the excitement builds for next season
I have also booked friendly tickets, I had to persuade the ticket office official to let me have tickets in the East Stand rather than the West though, I got the impression I was due to sit in the West Stand but I have a young child with me and the extra room for his buggy on the east stand terrace makes life so much easier. Luckily I was able to get Eastside

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 21:52
As you all know from my posts,I am always very positive in the way that the club has and is moving forward.

I'm not going to get into chapter and verse on here but to say that I am " SERIOUSLY" P..... Off with the email and subsequent conversation that I have had today from the ticket office in relation to my children's season tickets is an understatement!!

Very,very poor!!

exhooker (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 22:28
If people have abused the concession system then the club needed to take action. I guess that the database will now show date of birth, so it will never be needed to be done again. ~It will flag up when a youngster passes concession age, and I must admit that my senior concession has been done for years on my say so alone , so I do understand the necessity.
One query. The posting carries 2 closing dates for the international ballot. I assume the August one is the right one.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 07:17
Mine arrived yesterday & certainly has a sense of occasion about it. Somebody put a lot of thought into the presentation so well done to the marketing team, and it has arrived nice & early so plenty of time for people to sort out any bits & bobs before the friendlies fire up.

Top job.

As for the proof of age, I can understand it will naff off some people, but please don't blame the club, blame the people who try to cheat their way in cheap by abusing the concession tickets. The club are just trying their best to get around a problem caused by dishonest people so bear with them.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 08:36
"The posting carries 2 closing dates for the international ballot. I assume the August one is the right one."

Hi, yes, I can clarify the August date is the correct one. This was an error in the original letter, and we apologise for the confusion.

As an aside on the proof of age issue, we had two people today contact us to provide their proof of age, and it turned out they weren't actually eligible for the concessionary price they were claiming. We realise it's a chore, but these examples just illustrate why we need to go through this process. We appreciate your understanding with this necessary admin.

Cheers
Smithy

Re: Season Tickets / Proof of age
pa8 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 11:48
Having got all excited about the new season and the pending arrival of my snazzy black envelope, wondering who'd be on my coaster, I have one question. What position does Alnwick Castle play ?

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 12:48
On the other wing from Bamburgh which I received ! Didn't know we had new signings.
Still appreciate the thought and I really admire Chris Lishmans photography whatever genre.

Top marks for the pack - my postman is envious.

.Mick Hogan (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 16:18
Folks

Now that we have a CRM system that links to the ticketing system this is hopefully a one off exercise in getting the required information so that have proof that certain discounts apply where asked for.

To be clear on this the onus is on the individual to prove that they qualify for a free or discounted ticket. You would have to prove anywhere else you would ask for a discount that is age and/or student related so I'm not sure why we would be any different?

What has transpired is that this issue is far more than just a few individuals. Thankfully most supporters (when requested) have proved that they qualify for discounts straight away by bringing in or emailing the appropriate details.

Interestingly a lot of the people that are most vociferous about doing this don't qualify for the discount they are claiming. In some cases it has been multiple seasons where they have enjoyed the discount without being entitled to.

Ultimately we offer discounts to make it more affordable for families with children, students or those over 65. We have recently extended this by offering free season tickets to under 11s and those under 15s who play club rugby on a regular basis. This supports the community work we do as we strive to grow the sport at all levels. It is really disheartening to find that individuals have knowing abused this offer and all we are doing now is ensuring that discounts/free season tickets are correctly applied.

If you have any further issues or questions please email me on mick.hogan@newcastle-falcons.co.uk.

The great news is that current season ticket numbers are at a nine year high!

Regards

Mick Hogan
Managing Director

toontyke (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 17:31
Should the parking passes be in the season tickets pack?

pa8 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 18:59
Quote:
toontyke
Should the parking passes be in the season tickets pack?

The parking passes are being prepared now and will be out before the home friendlies. As per the box office today.

aidanb (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 06:01
I thought it might be useful to add this info

2017/18 Season Tickets allow access to 16 home fixtures - 10 Premiership fixtures, 3 European pool fixtures, 2 Anglo-Welsh Cup fixtures, and Pre-Season Friendly fixture. If you would like any help or advice with your season ticket purchase please contact the Ticket Office on 0871 226 6060.

Seated Tickets
West Stand A: Adult 560, Concession 452, Under 16 165
West Stand B 10m: Adult 433, Concession 344, Under 16 165
West Stand B 22m & C: Adult 339, Concession 259, Under 16 165
East Stand: Adult 433, Concession 344, Under 16 165

Standing Tickets
South Stand: Adult 311, Concession 254, Under 16 136
North Stand: Adult 198, Concession 170, Under 16 80
East Terracing: Adult 198, Concession 170, Under 16 80

Robs (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 08:51
Am I right in thinking that ST applications for the international ballots need to be submitted in August. If so, can someone provide me with the e mail address of the staff member coordinating the ballot? I' m away til 31/8 and need a ballot form e mailing to me

iD4VE (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 10:55
Quote:
.Mick Hogan

Ultimately we offer discounts to make it more affordable for families with children, students or those over 65. We have recently extended this by offering free season tickets to under 11s and those under 15s who play club rugby on a regular basis. This supports the community work we do as we strive to grow the sport at all levels. It is really disheartening to find that individuals have knowing abused this offer and all we are doing now is ensuring that discounts/free season tickets are correctly applied.

If you have any further issues or questions please email me on mick.hogan@newcastle-falcons.co.uk.

Regards

Mick Hogan
Managing Director

I am cancelling my season ticket and season parking as I am being told that despite being a student I don't qualify for a ticket. Disappointed that the club doesn't recognise full time workers who study part time as students despite having full NUS status and membership cards.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 11:22
To be fair, I think student discounts only apply to full-time students at most venues. That is the point after all, to help those who are unable to earn a proper living because they are still in education. If you are able to work full-time then you don't need a student discount.

That's how I see it anyway.

For proof of age I emailed the club & was told that a scan or photo of Junior's birth certificate or passport is all they need. It can be emailed to hanna.sutheran@newcastle-falcons.co.uk

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 12:08
Quote:
iD4VE
Quote:
.Mick Hogan

Regards

Mick Hogan
Managing Director

I am cancelling my season ticket and season parking as I am being told that despite being a student I don't qualify for a ticket. Disappointed that the club doesn't recognise full time workers who study part time as students despite having full NUS status and membership cards.

If you work full time then I think the club is right.

Sounds like we've had lots of people abusing the system and taking something they're not entitled to.

If you really feel that strongly then I don't suppose the club will miss you - only you are losing out on the rugby - a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face?

iD4VE (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 12:33
Quote:
CharlieDog
Quote:
iD4VE
Quote:
.Mick Hogan

Regards

Mick Hogan
Managing Director

If you work full time then I think the club is right.

Sounds like we've had lots of people abusing the system and taking something they're not entitled to.

If you really feel that strongly then I don't suppose the club will miss you - only you are losing out on the rugby - a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face?

everyone is entitled to an opinion. by working full time and then also paying for a uni course, as well as usual day to day bills, I believe I should be entitled to the same benefits that everywhere else that offers student discount give me. I'd be intrigued to know if you'd feel the same in this situation.

Manau911 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 15:48
I've had a season ticket for about 10 year, for 6 of them I also had full nus card while studying part time but it was always made clear that the discount was for full time students only. I didn't have a probem with it as it was quite clear that I didn't qualify.

AJfalc (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 20:27
Has anyone else not got their ST yet?
My wife's arrived middle of last week.

concolor (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 06:25
Still awaiting mine.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 07:48
Hi guys, if you booked before July 12 and provided proof of age but have still not received your ST, please contact the ticket office.

If you did not provide proof of age for your concession ticket, please do so.

If you booked after July 12 and have provided proof of age for your concession ticket, your order will be sent out in due course.

If in doubt please contact the ticket office on 0871 226 6060, email fans@newcastle-falcons.co.uk or visit KP during opening hours.

Cheers
Smithy

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 07:54
1)
I don't want to get into an argument, but I too work full time and am doing a degree aswell, which ive had to pay for. I have renewed my ST but not requested concession etc. As far as im concerned unless im a full time student not earning anything then I have no rights to request a discount....im a fully earning adult and I think to expect a discount in that scenario is wrong.

2)
On the other note, I spoke to the ticket off about when they will be received, and they said all will be received well before the friendlies...so don't worry people

Cant wait for the double header day...they're always a great day, for a few beers, see the new signings, have a chat with a few of the players...

A great relaxed day... :-)

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 11:24
I sent a photo of Junior's birth certificate this morning & less than ten minutes later received a reply saying his details were now on the ticket system & his ST would be sent out soon. They don't hang about.

Bring on the glorious 12th.

AJfalc (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 19:21
I contacted the ticket office and was told I had to provide proof of age. Before I could, the post arrived with my ST.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 05:55
AjFalc, please still provide your proof of age as we will mark your file so you don't need to do it in future seasons. Obviously the ST should not have been sent without said proof.

Cheers
Smithy

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 06:39
Junior's ST was waiting on the doormat when we got home yesterday. That is pretty slick service.

03 August, 2017 12:14
If I buy a ST before the double header will I be able to use it right there and then? I assume the answer is yes but still want to make sure.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 12:25
Just another onlooker,

Best bet for a specific question like that is to email the ticket office on fans@newcastle-falcons.co.uk and they'll be able to give you an accurate reply. Or call them on 0871 226 6060.

Season ticket members technically need to reserve their seats for the double header by August 9. I can't imagine there being a problem if you contact them in advance and tell them what you're doing, but I'd certainly speak to them in advance to check rather than just rocking up on the day.

And if it's a concession ticket of any form you'll need to provide proof of age.

Cheers
Smithy

steve1888 (IP Logged)
03 August, 2017 12:28
Still need to buy mine oops but cant make the friendlies so no massive hurry I guess, might pop in on sat

03 August, 2017 12:32
Quote:
markismith50
Just another onlooker,
Best bet for a specific question like that is to email the ticket office on fans@newcastle-falcons.co.uk and they'll be able to give you an accurate reply. Or call them on 0871 226 6060.

Season ticket members technically need to reserve their seats for the double header by August 9. I can't imagine there being a problem if you contact them in advance and tell them what you're doing, but I'd certainly speak to them in advance to check rather than just rocking up on the day.

And if it's a concession ticket of any form you'll need to provide proof of age.

Cheers
Smithy

Thanks Smthy!

cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 20:07
Does anyone know where the the teenagers get the realistic fake id driving licences from and would they do an age over 65. Asking for a friend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net