rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 1st December v Northampton Saints at Franklin's Gardens, 7.45pm

Last result: Wasps 40-10 Newcastle Falcons

Shed gets rusty
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 11:52
Soggy weather has caused a bit of flooding at Kingsholm causing damage to the pitch, offices, changing rooms & bars. I suppose at least it has happened out of season but still not a good thing to have to sort out with the first games not far off. Hope they get a bit of sunshine.

Tractor News.

Re: Shed gets rusty
Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 21:38
Sadly this looks like really bad news for gloucester . Last season the club lost 692k, finished 9th and failed to win cup silverware. They don't seem to have got any quality signings over the summer, have an owner that is desperate to sell and therefore will not invest , and now 500k of weather damage. In addition they are hiking prices to matches, and re-naming the hallowed 'Shed' in an attempt to gain some additional income. The Premiership is more competitive than ever with some quality teams in the bottom half, are Gloucester a relegation contender for this season?

dick g (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 10:29
I sincerely hope The Shed remains. As a source of passionate and yet reasoned and we'll presented analysis of a game, it is matchless. It's occupants are among the most generous, fair-minded, accomodating people on the planet. Their use of language is close to poetry.

dick g (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 10:31
The above should read "well presented". Dodgy digits!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 11:11
I can only agree Dick. It is indeed one of the finest places to watch a game of rugby. The banter with the locals is good fun.

dick g (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 13:40
Trying to be ironic can be difficult.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 17:11
Jonny May possibly off to tigers as well, not much good news coming from kingsholm atm, they may find them selves down the doldrums this season.

Phil W88 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 18:12
I'm a Gloucester fan living in Newcastle and genuinely worried about the state of the club and the season coming.

It looks like a fire sale as per comments on Shedweb. We have an owner who doesn't want to or can't invest. Jonny May and Ross Moriarty both rumoured to be off. Carl Fearns even though a contract was signed decided to stay in Lyon. Ticket prices raised. Ackerman who's coming in as the new head coach has a massive task on his hands and if we start badly I don't think the players have the mindset for a relegation scrap. We are the Newcastle United of rugby!

As for Falcons would be good to see you get into the top 6 and have the likes of Munster visiting Newcastle in 18/19!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 19:01
Cheers Phil.

It does sound horribly like there could be money issues at Glos, we've been there a few years ago in very similar circumstances & it does put a real downer on the place. Look on the bright side however, we got through it & so will Glos. Keep the faith.

dick g (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 07:36
Thought I'd add that I really wish Gloucester well. They deserve better. And I love the cheese.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 07:47
Spoke to some Glaws staff at the 7s last night, sounds like the damage is pretty bad. Really feel for them.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 08:41
I understand that they are going towards a 3G pitch like ours and really hope if that was being laid for this year that it doesn't have an impact . Charlie Sharples testimonial game is coming up and the damage has put that in doubt which would be terrible news. I understand that the hosting the RWC saw them loose ticket revenue in the season with fans being a bit rugbied out in the2015-16 season. With their gates averaging 13,000 a game compared to our gates , I think it maybe highlights the efforts and investments that are being made at the falcons.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 09:27
Jonny May to Tigers confirmed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net