rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 23rd September v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm

Friday 29th September v London Irish at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 7-29 Saracens

Singha Sevens
sparkyweb (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 19:28
So i watched us play first and thought that the first half we played well. Now watching Wasps play Tigers, i think we did well to keep the score as it is. Especially with the score 38-0 with 3 mins to go!

Re: Singha Sevens
pityacker (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 19:36
Final score Wasps v Tigers was 52 - 0 to Wasps that makes Falcons display not too bad.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 20:27
Well it's all relative as they say....

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 20:46
Falcons can't deal with the restart

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 21:03
Hats off to Radwan, looks the part at 7s, knows where the try line is
One to keep the eyes on this season

sparkyweb (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 21:03
A win is a win though. Into the cup competition tomorrow

alas (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 21:07
Apart from Radwan that was an ugly win. The forwards are playing a 15 man game and Catterick's play-making is being missed. Could well be 8th seed and up against Wasps in the quarter finals.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 21:14
The performance level across all the teams playing tonight has been v. poor at times. Conditions being blamed by the pundits but some of the errors are basics

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 21:27
I don't think we've been that bad. Yes a few silly errors at times but there has been some good play. Like the look of Uzokwe. Radwan is clearly a great prospect. One of the quickest players and can finish well. Hope he gets some exposure to the first team this season.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 21:35
There's plenty of YouTube footage of Radwan at Mowden, has serious serious pace and superb footwork. Would love to see him get first team exposure.

Sorry, wrong thread maybe but that new shirt is simply horrendous!

29 July, 2017 07:49
Hope Gary Graham is okay. Was holding his arm at the end of the Tigers game.

dick g (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 08:33
Gave too many penalties away against Wasps, mainly holding on in the tackle. At tines, it was like watching the XV at their worst. Suspect the shirt is Sevens specific. Hope so....

dick g (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 16:14
Quote:
dick g
Gave too many penalties away against Wasps, mainly holding on in the tackle. At tines, it was like watching the XV at their worst. Suspect the shirt is Sevens specific. Hope so....

See Getting Shirty, new thread I have launched.

29 July, 2017 18:32
Into the final! Our young players have really grown into the tournament. It'll be difficult against Wasps (especially with Radwan picking up a knock) but we have a chance. Done well to get to this stage no matter what happens.

The final against Wasps is on at 7:24pm on BT sport or commentary on Twitter.

gtoughuk (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 19:52
Some good young players who can hopefully improve and help the team.

Unfortunately too many errors against a very experienced Wasps. As the old saying goes, 'Men against boys.' The BT commentators even kept referring to them as 'The Stars'.

DB23 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 20:41
Fantastic effort by a young, talented, Falcons squad.

Adam Radwan was the stand out player for us; quick, good footwork and power too.

Good to hear Ben Ryan compliment Mark Laycock's coaching credentials.

backdoc (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 22:45
Well played, with some outstanding young players and excellent coaching.

AFalcon23 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 23:03
Would be nice to see Adam Radwan get some first team games next season, as he has some seriously good footwork and he is very fast. smiling smiley

Kingston Parker (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 09:15
Didn't someone say on another thread that Radwan had been released? Smithy can enlighten us.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 09:26
Radwan signed his first full time deal for this season

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 10:00
Quote:
Kingston Parker
Didn't someone say on another thread that Radwan had been released? Smithy can enlighten us.

Dan Marshall has been released

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 10:19
Im still waiting for the last protégé Zac Kibirige to make his mark!

Let alone Radwan.

pityacker (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 11:12
Hasn't Kibirige spent the summer in New Zealand ?

eastfalcon (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 11:53
As a Season Ticket holder at Mowden Park too, I was able to watch the progress of Adam and Simon there last season smiling smiley

Onwards and Upwards!

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 16:08
Quote:
pityacker
Hasn't Kibirige spent the summer in New Zealand ?
Yes he has. Should have been good for him hopefully.

Local Boy (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 14:41
Was down at Northampton for the sevens and really enjoyed it (I know 7s isn't everybody’s cup of tea). Friday was a bit wet and cold by the end of the evening and Saturday was a great day despite a bit of light rain.

Just watched the games again on the TV and had a chance to listen to the pundits comments. Full of praise for the team and the way they applied themselves.

If we still had Marcus Watson I doubt we would have sent him down to the sevens. It just shows how the different clubs treat this competition. Saying that the Falcons played some of the best teams down there. I think Wasps, Exeter, Worcester, Quins and Gloucester had decent teams out and we played three of them.

I think somebody said on an earlier post men against boys for the Wasps game but the “boys” put up a decent fight and to be honest thought they played like a team and played for each other rather than individuals. Credit for that must go to the players and the coaching staff.

I think Ben Ryan is a fan of Mark Laycock as he mentioned him and his style several times. Said he is very humble and just gets on with it (Noticed he wasn’t on the team photo). Just hope we keep hold of the backroom staff as they appear to be taking the club in the right direction.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net