rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 23rd September v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm

Friday 29th September v London Irish at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 7-29 Saracens

Getting Shirty
dick g (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 16:11
Thought I would start a new thread on the new away shirt. Having seen it again, I am converted. Like it. Want it. It will be so loved, it will be adorned with three kisses...XXX....

Re: Getting Shirty
Kwa444 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 20:57
I don't mind it either, but there seem to be a lot who are less than amused.

For an unbiased review, Wales Online have listed their 11 worst shirts ever. Clearly prompted by Saints horrid effort, sadly our own also makes the list, although they miss that awful Tigers away shirt from 3 seasons ago when the lost the AP semi to Bath - which should have been a banker!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2017 21:18 by Kwa444.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 22:30
Well I think it's awful. Who gets paid big bucks to design something that bad. Why don't we just use south Sydney home strip as our away strip. Mick give Russel Crowe a ring I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Sorted

London Magpie (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 22:34
Two of us Falcon fans watching down in London like the new kit. Well done the boys

davietoon (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 09:09
How about this for an away strip? just need to change the badge.

[cdn.shopify.com]

30 July, 2017 09:26
[quote davietoon]How about this for an away strip? just need to change the badge.

That's awful as well

dick g (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 09:38
As long as they win, the Falcons can play in bin liners for all I care.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 09:57
I guess a lot of it depends on the sponsorship logo that goes on the shirt as that again can either enhance or ruin the appeal somewhat.

davietoon (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 17:36
Thunder, was only kidding, I think it s awful too but I don t like any ISC kits.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 19:54
Well you can't go too far wrong with Black and white or Green and white, can you?!!.....

31 July, 2017 07:57
Quote:
Kwa444
Well you can't go too far wrong with Black and white or Green and white, can you?!!.....

Home strip - Black
Away Strip - Black
Euro strip - black

Change Strip - Black

Easy ;-)

dick g (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 08:44
One of the design factors of an away strip is that it should be readily distinguishable from 11 Premiership home strips. I think the new shirt does this.

31 July, 2017 09:33
Quote:
dick g
One of the design factors of an away strip is that it should be readily distinguishable from 11 Premiership home strips. I think the new shirt does this.

Is that because the other 11 wouldn't wear it 😉😂 lol

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 09:45
In fairness green and grey is great camouflage when playing on a green strip and with grey stands. Maybe it's a new tactic we aren't aware of.
I'm hoping the team have put a load of effort into making a stunning home shirt , an excellent away shirt and the away shirt effort was just the compromise that needed to be made .

dick g (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 09:59
Quote:
Rafpilot2000
In fairness green and grey is great camouflage when playing on a green strip and with grey stands. Maybe it's a new tactic we aren't aware of.
I'm hoping the team have put a load of effort into making a stunning home shirt , an excellent away shirt and the away shirt effort was just the compromise that needed to be made .

Great idea. Shirts, shorts and socks in DPM. Just add cam cream and you have the perfect recipe for a Premiership title.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 10:18
They will never see us coming!!! Clearly shrewd tactics by Deano!

steve1888 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 11:27
I really like the new top and disliked the orange one. Doubt there'll ever be a kit release liked by everybody.

exhooker (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 11:51
I made the comment on another thread that the reason I disliked it was because on TV I had a job easily picking it out.

cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 12:56
I actually quite like it and they are doing it in cotton so will probably buy one for the first time in a few years.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 13:43
I thought I was going to hate it from comments above but finally got to see it a few moments ago and either I have lost all sense of what constitutes good taste or it is actually quite funky because I like it.

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 20:46
Quote:
Monkey1
I thought I was going to hate it from comments above but finally got to see it a few moments ago and either I have lost all sense of what constitutes good taste or it is actually quite funky because I like it.

There are just some people who will never be happy with anything the club doesn't.....

I think it will prove to be popular..... assuming the sizes are generous.. ...

Local Boy (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 14:16
Was down at Northampton for the 7s and must admit I didn't like the shirt at first but it grows on you.

Having just watched the games again on the TV I now quite like them.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 11:12
Just seen that the training kit is now available online . Any news on when the match shorts will be available?all gone a bit quiet

markismith50 (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 12:27
Watch this space, we'll keep you all informed. Hopefully not long now

aidanb (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 08:58
Quote:
markismith50
Watch this space, we'll keep you all informed. Hopefully not long now

I'm not having that

Surely they only become available once the season is 3 or 4 games in ? It's not right and proper to have them available beforehand.

[no one else was doing that annual moan so I had to step up to the plate]

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 16:48
Just out of interest, what sort of fit are the shirts? I presumed that they would be the supporters style with a bit of a taper so ordered a xxl, but see they go up to 7xl!!! In the shop. Just worderong if I'm going to have to re order if they are a tight fit

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 21:36
I am over 14 stone these days in a not pretty way & the L fits fine without me looking like Mr Blobby, so they are a pretty loose fit, not tapered, they fit real people.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 22:02
Thanks monkey ,should be fine then . Every manufacturer seems to be a bit different .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net