rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 1st December v Northampton Saints at Franklin's Gardens, 7.45pm

Last result: Wasps 40-10 Newcastle Falcons

Professionalism
dick g (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 09:16
Part of me finds pleasure in the fact that Manu T and Salmonella can behave like normal blokes and go on a bender. But they are not notmal blokes. They are pro rugby players whose wages come in part at least from me and you. If they want to play for England they should obey Jonesy's rules. What do you think.

Re: Professionalism
08 August, 2017 10:40
If they can't manage three days without a beer, then maybe they're in the wrong profession.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 11:03
Manu is a @#$%&! The chap just never learns first he used Ashton as a punch bag, Assaulted Female coppers, jumped off a ferry and now this. I think he needs to see a shrink if you ask me.
He's had far too many misdeeds.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 12:30
Unprofessional - he seems to still have a lot of growing up to do

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 12:41
In fairness we all enjoy a drink , but going out till 4 am knowing it's against the England rules is just foolish. For the likes of our Mr Wilson who is with the England team , the rose on his chest is probably a childhood dream come true , so to see the privaledge of playing for England by someone who clearly thinks he is too good for the rules is disappointing at best. Hopefully their removal from the squad may provide an opportunity for 2 other deserving individuals . Passion is one thing but getting drunk and pushing female police women around is not really acceptable in any situation.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 16:35
The pair of them are muppets. Given an opportunity that others can only dream of they can't stop themselves from screwing it up.

08 August, 2017 17:25
Quote:
dick g
Part of me finds pleasure in the fact that Manu T and Salmonella can behave like normal blokes and go on a bender. But they are not notmal blokes. They are pro rugby players whose wages come in part at least from me and you. If they want to play for England they should obey Jonesy's rules. What do you think.
Agreed but then again I think they're both knobs anyway so I'm biased. Tuilagi should've been blacklisted from the sport for hitting a woman.

davietoon (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 17:50
The bench will be colder without those two warming it. Just look how hard Mark Wilson has had to work to get a chance.
Bin Tuilagi , we 've got 4 Lions who can play centre all better players and send Salmonela back to Casteford
we' ve 3 Lions who can play wing who are better players.

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 19:18
Not really sure what Solomona has done to irk so many people although agree Manu just doesn't seem to be able to help himself; Eddie obviously rates him really highly hence him getting in the training squad before he's even played a game since his rehab however he has let him down rather.

Not the worst misdemeanour in the world and no police officers were assaulted nor ferries leapt off (that we know) however if Eddie tells you something is not allowed why the heck would you do it? If it were me I'd be doing everything to keep in the good books of the coach, maybe that's just an old fashioned attitude.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 06:50
I think with Solomana its the whole eligibility thing that people have never warmed to him.

As for Manu, agree totally with what people have said above. He's very immature and needs to grow up.

On his day manu is a destructive match winner....but the question is will we ever see him reach that level again due to injuries.

The other thing is he has serious competition now....Joseph is established, T'eo just had a storming lions tour (and is the bruiser option) then there is the likes of Tompkins, Sam James, Mallinder, Slade, the hugely exciting Marchant (possibly Daly in the centre) etc etc etc plus loads of even younger options coming through.

That was genuine stupidity by Manu.

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 07:14
Find it a little comical that you mention the eligibility on this thread with regards to Denny but praise Bothas for his service to English rugby, both have qualified to play for this country in the same manner

09 August, 2017 07:36
I just think its different.

Botha came over, worked in a full time job whilst playing low level rugby. He had been here for years before he became and international and had fully emersed himself within English life.

Solomana is seemingly a very different case...and has already represented another country in league...and was even quoted as saying he could never play for England as his heart would never be in wearing the white shirt. Lo behold he gets a nice financial offer and decides his heart is definitely in the white shirt!

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 07:47
He actually said that before he had pulled on a Samoa jersey, when he was being touted to play for the English league team, the already capped rule also dosent seem to be an issue with teo, Denny is one of the best finishers in the game and has earned his call ups, England have some very talented wingers at their disposal but non are an out and our finisher like Denny

09 August, 2017 07:52
I actually do have an issue with T'eo, despite him even having an English mother. Ive been very vocal about that.

[www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk]

“Rangi Chase had every right to represent England when did, although he still gets a bit of stick for it,” Solomona said.“He married a woman from here and he’s got two kids, so he’s got every right to represent the country where his heart is.

“But my heart’s not here, it’s not for England. I play in Super League but my heart is for New Zealand and Samoa and that’s who I’ll be representing if they ask. I’d love to represent Samoa while my grandparents are alive, it would mean a lot to do that, but it would be good if New Zealand came calling. I would be open to any option.”

Doesn't exactly warm you to the idea of him representing England!

And I think we have just as good wingers as Solomana

Lets be clear...im very strong on this issue...if you have played for a country in union or League and switch, you should play for the same country in the other.

It should simply not be allowed to switch in my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2017 07:54 by GeordieFalcon.

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 08:03
Like I said that quote was from his time in league, talking about playing league for England, if he is eligible and wants to play for England then I don't see a problem with that at all, Denny is the current best finisher in England

09 August, 2017 08:09
Maybe you see differently but I see a person who publicly states his heart is not for England and is for Samoa and NZ. We'll leave it there.

I think Cristian Wade would argue that he's the best finisher in England!

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 08:41
The try's per game ratio from last season would say he isnt

davietoon (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 12:12
One season Ben ,not consistently I don t see anything in the above article which says playing league for England. He s a money chaser nothing else and quite frankly was lucky not to be subbed as a sub ( cos he stank ) before scoring against Argentina .

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 12:23
The quote in the article was last September when he was a league player, he is referring to his league team mate in rangi chase, he wasn't a union player at the time so i assume he is talking about league, surely you would have your current top player playing no, this message board is always going on about people living on reputation, in Denny you have proven finisher at the age of 23 get him in the squad an mould him to what you want

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 14:46
Quote:
Benpj17
Like I said that quote was from his time in league....

You keep repeating this, as if to make the point that it was years ago & irrelevant, but was actually just 2 months prior to him jumping ship to Sale, a move that was made in order to qualify for England selection almost immediately, which he did.

As for being the best finisher, he hasn't even played a full season yet so it is far too early to say if he is truly up there with the best.

aidanb (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 14:55
I wonder how many of us older types would like back at some of the things we said and did in our early 20's and cringe

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 15:40
Quote:
aidanb
I wonder how many of us older types would like back at some of the things we said and did in our early 20's and cringe

Kind of spot on; plus you don't really know the context of the question or what bits of his reply were emphasised or not, the problem of the written word compared to the spoken one. Even if he meant every word, it was a different time (even in two months things can change).

Although I think the residency rules (including grandparent rule) stink, while they are allowed then we should take advantage. I'm not going cheer any less if he scores a winning try either.

The fact that he disobeyed Eddie's and the teams' rules, that's a different matter, unlike his daft comrade, hopefully this transgression is a one off.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net