rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 15th December v Dragons at Rodney Parade, 7.30pm

Saturday 23rd December v Harlequins at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 52-24 Bordeaux-Begles

Botha retires
08 August, 2017 13:05
offy

Past his best when he came to us but never good to see a player "forced" to retire due to injury

Re: Botha retires
Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 13:12
And to be fair that's one area we don't need strengthening

pityacker (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 13:31
I noticed we had 9 locks in the squad on the official website therefore Moutitz definitely won't need replacing. As said in previous post was well past his best when he was amazingly given a 3 year contract at KP but wish him and his family all the best for the future.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 13:35
He may well have been past his peak but ultimately he is another great name to have pulled on a Falcons jersey and for kids to aspire to . He is bowing out with the respect and gratitude of the falcons fans and wish him and his family all the very best for the future.

aidanb (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 13:51
Quote:
Rafpilot2000
He may well have been past his peak but ultimately he is another great name to have pulled on a Falcons jersey and for kids to aspire to . He is bowing out with the respect and gratitude of the falcons fans and wish him and his family all the very best for the future.

This

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 15:22
The fact that he gave up his own time to help coach Durham Uni says a lot about him. Always seemed like a nice guy and can only join in with those wishing him all the best for the future.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 16:22
All the best to him for the future, sadly he was well past his best when he came to us Falcons. smiling smiley

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 06:57
I often wondered if Dean brought him in more for his experience on the training pitch for our young starlets (Robinson, Witty, Davies etc), as he was never going to make the starting spots.

A good servant to English rugby, and a player who worked his way from the very lower aspects of English rugby (wasn't he a carpet fitter when he first came across from South Africa).

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 10:04
When you see how good our young locks are I suspect having Botha working with with them may well have aided their development.

pityacker (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 10:10
I think that Scott Macleod who is Falcons lineout coach has to take the plaudits for the work he has done with our locks.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 08:24
And I think Botha as a seasoned player would have helped their development what's your point?

lizard118 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 08:36
You could both be correct. Nobody knows for sure.
His appearances we're fleeting and therefore not a massive loss. Thanks for everything.All the best to him.

pityacker (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:04
Quote:
Bedlington Lad
And I think Botha as a seasoned player would have helped their development what's your point?

I wasnt making any point at all re Botha who may possibly help out in lineout coaching just simply that Macleod is the Falcons lineout coach and that the inprovements in that field would be mainly down to the work he does thats his job. No doubt there are other experienced players in various positions who add their knowledge and expertise during training and the coaches listen and see what they can glean from that.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:41
A locks job is more than just the lineout though.

Macleod was a top player for us also...both would indeed have been great for the kids in a training environment. Both internationals and highly rated club players.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net