rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Friday 1st December v Northampton Saints at Franklin's Gardens, 7.45pm

Last result: Wasps 40-10 Newcastle Falcons

i guess money talks loudest!
10 August, 2017 17:33
Charles Piutau playing in the championship!

i wonder what hes getting out of that?

but well done to Bristol getting him

Re: i guess money talks loudest!
Since 1888 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 17:57
Only if we don't gain promotion Doddie, its for the 18/19 season, and yes of course money talks. After the last 10+ years of flirting with extinction and struggles I think we deserve a few of these players finally!

Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 18:37
Good on him I say!

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 18:59
Didn't expect that a cracking player. smiling smiley

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 07:36
Maybe Bristol have learned a few lessons from last season & are planning well in advance. The lack of the play-offs allows proper planning, good luck to them.

lizard118 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 08:32
Bristol really need to concentrate on their academy allied with these signings though. As a Bristol resident I feel the club needs to have players the local community can identify with.
They are going the Saracens route but Sarries have always had a brilliant academy set up and have brought on a number of England qualified players. Bristol unfortunately don't have that, and there is a risk to doing things this way in my opinion.

Rich. (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 08:49
They are doing both Lizard. Lots of academy and (other) local players in the team the past 2 years (and Pat Lam very keen to go that route) BUT you also need a bit of magic dust to ensure they and the club are not going constantly between the Prem and Championship.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 08:50
TBH can't really begrudge the Bristol guys much. After years falling foul of the play off system , their first year in the top flight didn't exactly go to plan for them. I guess it should be worrying for all premiership teams that such a potentially strong team (depending on how future recruitment goes for them) may come up from the championship but time will tell.

Rich. (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:31
Just to add to my post above, the fact is was clear after Christmas we were likely to go down last year (if it wasn't Worces) is no doubt what led two Bristol born/brought up players (Mitch Eadie and Jamal Ford-Robinson) to agree to move to Northampton. Had we have had a team with Piatau, Luatua etc last season then they would no doubt have stayed. We have lost other Bristolians over the years for the same reason, so having a team who can compete in the Prem is key to keeping those good ones who come up through the academy/local clubs etc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net