rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 12th August v Nottingham Rugby (2.00pm) / Doncaster Knights (4.30pm) at Kingston Park

Saturday 19th August v Rotherham Titans at Kingston Park, 4.30pm

Last result: Bristol Rugby 27-39 Newcastle Falcons

New home kit launched 8am on Saturday
markismith50 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 15:52
Hi guys,

Just a quickie to let you know our new home kit will be launched at 8am tomorrow, and will be available to buy online and in-store at the double header.

We've had the initial kit drop today so stocks are limited, but will be replenished in the coming weeks.

The team will wear the new home kit in the game v Nottingham at 4.30pm, having worn the away strip against Doncaster at 2pm.

News on a sponsor to follow - the initial batch of kit is without a main shirt sponsor.

Cheers
Smithy

Re: New home kit launched 8am on Saturday
aidanb (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 18:14
Ooh I like the tease

Get your shirts now without a sponsor in case the later batches have a sponsor

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 18:59
Cheers for the update Smithy

dick g (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 20:22
I wish mine to have three kisses, please.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 07:42
The new home shirt looks the part!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 07:45
Well it is hard to tell from one photograph taken down a coal mine during a power cut, but it is black with Falcons shoulder stripe things happening, and that is a good recipe for a proper Falcons shirt.

I will have a poke about in the shop later & might do some shopping.

Offy

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 07:48
Update:

Just had the brilliant idea of looking on the online shop, I know, I can't help being a genius.

Me likey.

Me likey a lot.

Start shopping folks.

12 August, 2017 08:04
i may have to purchase one before the logo is slapped on it i do like a plain smart shirt.

hopefully a long day of good rugby ahead

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 08:18
Rather underwhelmed but its black with a falcons logo on it and after about 8 seconds on consideration conjugation and justification snapped one up at 0752 whilst enjoying a coffee- oh how inhave missed the rugby season!!!!

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 08:25
Maybe I should have added look at the club shop online for a better image

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 10:21
I don't like it. Is that really the best they can come up with!!!!
With that and the away shirt the designers have got away with easy money!

I wanted to buy the new shirt....but I won't be buying this..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 11:44 by GeordieFalcon.

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 11:53
I'm really not keen either. I wasn't a fan of the grey and green away kit but what is going on with the sleeves of the home kit horrid.

I might look at the training gear but won't be buying either of the shirts. I think it's a poor effort and not as good as the Gilbert kits to be honest.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 12:25
I think it's easy to pick faults and this is a limited run clearly without all the sponsorship and premiership patch which I'm sure will give it a little something extra.
That said, ISC haven't exactly gone all out on this, or the away kit. It kinda looks like the stuff you could go on line and buy for your school team by selecting two colours and having your badge put on it. In some ways it reminds me of the Orion kits we had a couple of seasons ago.
I've bought the new one. I'm incredibly grateful to the club for their communication on its release and for pushing the basic shirt out early for us whingers. Just a bit disappointed with what ISC have given us. Gilbert was definitely a better looking kit

lizard118 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 12:37
My initial instinct is that I like it but I need to see it on the players.

12 August, 2017 14:02
Yeah I just think it's a lazy effort. Not much thought gone in to it.

Running Rugby (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 16:29
Not a fan of that shirt at all, looks like a generic training kit that you could knock up on the internet and get sent out for a local team. (only going by the shots on the website, which granted looks better on the players than the shot from the shop section of the site).

Strange that the club have yet to announce a sponsor but released the shirt....kind of pointless, as people will surely want the full kit that is worn by the players, and not what looks like a training kit.

I like the green away shirt, and was expecting something like that with the old thin hoops but in black (main) and white (hoops), ala, the wilkinson years, kind of disappointed to be honest.

May get the green away shirt, but will wait until the sponsors and what not are included on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 16:32 by Running Rugby.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:49
Proof of the pudding & all that....

Wearing the new home shirt as I type, first one that I have bought for many seasons, says it all really. I am struggling to get my head around some of the above comments, as it is a black shirt with the Falcons shoulder stipe motif, and not in white (no thought required) but in a shade of grey that works just right (lots of thought required to get it right) and available in a style that fits rugby supporters rather than rugby players. Somebody has put some thought into it.

Everyone to their own, but the offerings for the last few seasons have not tempted me at all, this one fits the bill nicely, and the hoodie that goes with it is looking like a good hint for a birthday pressie, not a bad trip to the club shop at all.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 18:14
Word of warning: Don't wear the new home shirt while peeling potatoes, it will get horrible white marks on it.

Top Tip: If you do happen to be wearing the new home shirt while peeling potatoes, simply dab at the white spots with a damp cloth, then use a dry cloth or kitchen roll to dry. Good as new.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 20:30
I'm not overly impressed I have to say. My favourite shirts were by Kooga way back. That said I thought Gilbert's were OK. When we had Nike they were lame and thoughtless.

I won't say lack of effort went into this but is has a remarkable similarity to something I would expect a round ball referee to wear.

I will certainly be passing up the chance to buy. Training hoodie does look quite smart though.

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 21:04
Looking at the home kit today on the players I revise my original comments and actually like it.

DB23 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 22:56
It looks ok to me.

I'm a bit bemused as to how a kit can engender such feeling of liking or disliking to such an extent.

I'm just not fussed as long as it's not like one of those ridiculous Stade Francais kits of a few years ago.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 20:31
Guessing it's because we spend a fair few of our hard earned pennies buying it and hope to wear it all season with pride. I'm guessing you can't go too far adrift with amainky black shirt with some grey bits added on for interest. This years shirt could have been designed by a 4 year old but it's not offensive,could certainly be significantly worse and with the sponsorship logo and premiership arm patch on will no doubt look smart.
I think we all have our design likes and dislikes but I'm sure this one will grow on us. I also think alot of the opinions on past shirts are influenced on how well the team did when wearing that kit. I'm sure if we finished first this year it would be the best kit ever!!;-)

davietoon (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 14:42
Oh dear what a dismal effort didn t like the away strip until I saw this and now it looks half decent. Won t be buying either and as for the polo shirt you can t even see the Falcons logo. So far used only 3 colours for both strips did someone nick the rest of the shirt "designers" crayons?

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 14:58
Had a look at the shirt in the west stand on Saturday before the game and though it was quite poor in design and quality, they have better Sunday clubs efforts hanging all around, looking at the quality and asking Ł50 for that compared to the hoodie is an absolute no brainier, a lot of people commented that the warm up shirt worn by the lads looked more the part

rubyrhone (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 16:23
Had a quick look and definitely that fabric is vile and cheap looking but then so is most of the "athletic" wear. The design is OKish and looks better on someone fit and toned.

I wish for better quality scarves,gloves and hat (NOT a flipping' beanie please - only good for kids) as - lets face it - a shirt is nearly aways hidden throughout the season as its too damn cold to go without a coat even if you are a proper Geordie. How may of us can afford to pay for outerwear you could only wear at a match?

I would probably buy a nice thick cotton shirt to replace the charity one I have with Northern Rock on the front.

dick g (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 18:13
Quote:
davietoon
Oh dear what a dismal effort didn t like the away strip until I saw this and now it looks half decent. Won t be buying either and as for the polo shirt you can t even see the Falcons logo. So far used only 3 colours for both strips did someone nick the rest of the shirt "designers" crayons?

Bought a polo today. No trouble seeing logo. Looks good.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 18:39
My home shirt arrived yesterday. Whilst not a massive fan of the colours , it is smart. Quality wise, they are comparable with Gilbert. The material of the supporters shirts currently on sale is the same as that used in last seasons authentic player style shirts. Whilst little thought has gone into the design, with a myriad of sponsors logo's over it to 'liven' it up a little , it will probably look reasonably smart. Still intrigued to see the European shirt!

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 19:50
Pinning my hopes on that one now!!

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
17 August, 2017 08:22
I can't get my head around the idea that if you don't like a shirt then that means not much thought has gone into the design, but if you do like it then the designers have spent ages doing a good job.

As somebody who has been involved in the design processes of a whole range of products for a very long time, from phone boxes to interiors of cruise ships, branding of beers and yes, uniforms too, I can assure you that just as much work has gone into the new shirts as would have if they had been covered in gaudy graphics, emoticons, a few random coloured blotches and a picture of a duck on a skateboard.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
17 August, 2017 09:05
We have a supporters cotton version rather than playing type shirt to come as well don't we ?

17 August, 2017 09:14
Quote:
Monkey1
I can't get my head around the idea that if you don't like a shirt then that means not much thought has gone into the design, but if you do like it then the designers have spent ages doing a good job.
As somebody who has been involved in the design processes of a whole range of products for a very long time, from phone boxes to interiors of cruise ships, branding of beers and yes, uniforms too, I can assure you that just as much work has gone into the new shirts as would have if they had been covered in gaudy graphics, emoticons, a few random coloured blotches and a picture of a duck on a skateboard.

That would be considerably more interesting than this seasons effort....

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
17 August, 2017 14:18
If the design for both the home and away were bespoke to the Falcons then fair point but a quick glance on the ISC teamwear website and you can see an almost identical design with different colours as for the material used I would assume this is a standard supporters material

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Newcastle Falcons Poll

Is this a poll

See results > Submit >>