rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 18th November v Wasps at Ricoh Arena, 5.15pm

Friday 24th November v Gloucester at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 57-0 Cardiff Blues

Falcons Team v Worcester Warriors
Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:50
This is the team I would be looking for in the opening game against Worcester. Even tho they have seemed of late to be our bogey team, we need to start with a solid 4/5points win. With our potential back line the premiership should be worried

1. Mavinga
2. Cooper
3. Welsh
4. Green
5. Robinson
6. Wilson
7. Welch
8. Latu
9. Takulua
10. Flood
11. Sinoti
12. Socino
13. Mermoz
14. Goneva
15. Tait

16. Lawson
17. Lockwood
18. D Wilson
19. Olmstead
20. Fonua
21. Young
22. Willis
23. Hammersley/DTH

Re: Falcons Team v Worcester Warriors
exhooker (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 06:20
I want to have a look at us against Rotherham first. There were some impressive performances yesterday from guys who weren't in the frame at all in May and Dean is always willing to reward a step up.

digitalsys (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 06:37
Dawson ahead of Young on the bench for me

Impressive performance today and he has developed well

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 09:04
I think a few others put their hand up for a starting spot, certainly the wingers impressed me.

Even the trailist th jack payne looked interesting. (what's happening with the Wilsons!?)

Young Stuart the sh looked quicker than young ever has.

Burrows will start at 8. He looks a class act and physical aswell.

Green was OK but Witty impressed me. I'd just like to see him carrying more in the heart of the action. Hes so fast and physical...and his offloads are superb for a lock.

London Magpie (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 09:27
Although I had a long drive home to London after the game it passed quick as I reflected the two games. I was well impressed with lots that I saw. Witty, Dawson, sinotti, Orr, all stood out for me. Then Flood appeared. Apart from the interception try he was like a breath of fresh air. Thank you to all concerned who brought him home. Bring on the season as I for one think we will be up there competing for Europe.

London Magpie (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 09:39
Forgot to mention Chris Harris. He looked very good and ran hard at the opposition. Good luck Mr Richards and Co when selecting the first league squad

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:16
1. Lockwood
2. Sowery
3. Welsh
4. Green
5. Robinson
6. Wilson
7. Welch
8. Burrows
9. Takulua
10. Flood
11. Sinoti
12. Mativesi
13. Mermoz
14. Goneva
15. Hammersley

16. Cooper
17. Mavinga
18. S Wilson
19. Olmstead
20. Latu
21. Stuart
22. Hodgson
23. DTH (if fit) Radwan if not fit.

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 14:38
To early to tell yet really, but some good performances out there yesterday. The new 9, Sam Stuart looked in really good condition and was really dangerous around the fringes, I was really impressed with his all round skills, looks a canny 9 as did Dawson, their will be a right tuff for the 9 shirt this season, should be some great competition.

Was also very impressed with Payne, I thought he carried the ball really well.

Chick was solid in defense made some great shots.

Radwan, The lads developing at a phenomenal level and will be full of confidence, wouldn't be surprised to see him playing premiership rugby this season.

Didn't see enough of Matevasi.

LATUUU! Guy just throws thew kitchen sink at the oppo, some great shots from him yesterday, really impressed with his workrate.

Chris Harris was awesome, but needs to show that against premiership teams as well.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 09:48
What team would you put out?

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 10:20
1. Rob Vickers
2. Kyle Cooper
3. Jon Welsh
4. Calum Green
5. Will Witty
6. Mark Wilson
7. Will Welch
8. Nili Latu or Burrows
9. Sonetane Takulua
10. Toby Flood
11. Sinoti Sinoti
12. Juan Pablo Socino
13. Maxime Mermoz
14. Niki Goneva of fit, if not, Adam Radwan
15. Alex Tait

16. Scotty Lawson
17. Jack Payne? Assuming he's still here
18. Mavinga
19. Robinson or Olmsted
20. Latu or Chick
21. Sam Stuart or Dawson
22. Craig Willis
23. Adam Radwan if Goneva starts/Matevasi If not

I did write a preview for this match and sent it to monkey to post, unfortunately I forgot he's away this weekend and I didn't save the preview on my computer which is rather guttering! Looking forward to tomorrow night, hopefully all you southstand nutters are ready to give the boys a super loud backing! COYF!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/08/2017 10:22 by falconsfan07.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net