rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Friday 15th December v Dragons at Rodney Parade, 7.30pm

Saturday 23rd December v Harlequins at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 52-24 Bordeaux-Begles

FLOOD WATCH!
falconbear (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 18:41
Mrs falconbear had me caravan shopping today so i nearly missed todays rugby. The things you do for love. However at 4pm I hot footed it to KP just in time to catch the Nottingham game.
After an average first half i was lifted from my caravan hell to see Toby Flood jog onto the pitch.
Wow. What a breath of fresh air. Right from the kick off he received the high ball and casually belted it back into touch, midway into the oppositions half. But what followed was something i haven't seen from our other fly halves. CONSTANTLY talking to the players around him. Backs AND forwards... even the often neglected blindside winger. Co-ordinating the next sequence of play and carrying out the phase as if he and the people around him had done it a thousand times. Patting people on the back (or belly in Scott Lawsons case), Gee-ing players up. Constantly leading the team. Talking to and advising/influencing the ref. He commentated on the breakdown so those stuck in the ruck know exactly where the ball was.

At one point i thought it was a shame that my young son wasn't there as i thought it was such a fine example of how a fly half should play rugby. And then i thought of how much this could potentially bring joel and craig on - working alongside such a class act, week in week out.
If the players like how Toby co-ordinates everybody, and we can keep him fit, i can see a much improved falcons team this season. And so long as i am not stuck on some godforsaken caravan site i look forward to watching some entertaining rugby in the months to come.

Re: FLOOD WATCH!
Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 18:44
We have a local lad with international experience who has played both premiership and European rugby.Cant help but think that if only we could keep the guys fit, we have a pretty formidable team by any standards in the premiership

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 19:33
Sounds fantastic - as I thought it would!

One does wonder why it took so long for us to do this as it was apparent from so early on in our AP return. I guess they had hoped that is what Delany would have brought.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 19:41
Guessing it's all about money and big players not wanting to join championship teams , unless your Bristol with a mega cheque book. Fan for fan we probably have the best team in the league as gloucester get double the gate attendance yet finished below us.
Delaney got a kicking from us because he wasn't jimmy gopperth. In another team he may have worked.
Being northerners we always have a soft spot for local lads and Flood has proven himself. Promises to be a good season with few of us being able to guess where we might end up. Best guess , somewhere between 11th and 5th and it's been a while since we could think that

digitalsys (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 20:02
Floody was exceptional today and I can't help admitting that I am as more than a bit excited. Put 8k fans in KP and we are going to do very well indeed if today was anything to go by.

Only a handful of players did enough to nail a starting shirt but he was one of them

Looking forward to September!!

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 20:14
Ultimately a supporting a team that always loses is pretty miserable. Supporting a team that always wins can get boring. But supporting a team that has potential to beat anyone yet possibly lose when they should win......that should make for an entertaining season

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 21:36
Sounds like he has started of well, hopefully he could be that quality to push us on to the next level this coming season. smiling smiley

Kath... (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 16:32
My goodness he has a loud voice - never heard a fly half shout so loud - really bossed the team yesterday

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 18:25
Quote:
Kath...
My goodness he has a loud voice - never heard a fly half shout so loud - really bossed the team yesterday

Maybe we could make him stadium announcer then he could really get the crowd going..........

Whoever did it yesterday didn't know who half the players were!!!

pa8 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 18:52
Quote:
CharlieDog
Quote:
Kath...

Maybe we could make him stadium announcer then he could really get the crowd going..........

His pronunciation of Ruaridh Dawson was incredible.

dick g (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 06:26
Quote:
CharlieDog
Quote:
Kath...

I think the man on the mic could be the same guy we have to endure at Thunder games with his repeated call to make some noise. I do not need to be told when to shout. I don't like the crowd being treated like a bunch of muppets.

dick g (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 06:27
Quote:
Rafpilot2000
Ultimately a supporting a team that always loses is pretty miserable. Supporting a team that always wins can get boring. But supporting a team that has potential to beat anyone yet possibly lose when they should win......that should make for an entertaining season

I long to be bored.

Osric (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 07:22
Stadium announcer must have been tired and emotional. I guess it was entertaining but... at one point, having scored our second try we had two points.

I agree re the 'make some noise' nonsense - it was a pre season friendly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net