rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 23rd September v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm

Friday 29th September v London Irish at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 7-29 Saracens

Team vs Rotherham
alas (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 10:54
Welsh back. Still no sign of the Wilsons.

Newcastle Falcons team to play Rotherham Titans (Saturday, 4.30pm, Kingston Park Stadium)

15 Simon Hammersley

14 Belisario Agulla

13 Ben Stevenson

12 Maxime Mermoz

11 Adam Radwan

10 Toby Flood

9 Sonatane Takulua

1 Trevor Davison

2 Ben Sowrey

3 Jon Welsh

4 Will Witty

5 Glen Young

6 Harrison Orr

7 Will Welch (captain)

8 Ryan Burrows

Replacements

Scott Lawson

Adam Brocklebank

Diogo Ferreira

Calum Green

Nick Civetta

Max Davies

Simon Uzokwe

Ruaridh Dawson

James Elliott

Craig Willis

Josh Matavesi

Charlie Wilson

Cameron Cowell

Referee: John Meredith

Assistant referees: Matt Daubney, Ben Blain

Re: Team vs Rotherham
alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 11:52
I am surprised with a few of the changes to this weeks team with a few notable admissions in Chris Harris, JPS, Mavinga, Joel. It's also interesting to see only one of our props who are in on trial is still in the squad. I thought Payne was excellent last week and it was nice to see both "trial" props make the team photo (make of that what you will?)

I think Dean and the management team, will be trying to assess what partnerships can be built and looking ahead to next weekend's 2 games. I would expect to see an almost full strength side put out against Edinburgh and a squad team put out against Doncaster.

Looking forward to another nice day out watching rugby at KP.

mannin (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 12:01
I doubt they're still on trial if they're in the photo.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 12:16
They're both with us this season, Payne in tandem with Mowden and Ferreira with Durham Uni

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/08/2017 12:17 by markismith50.

AFalcon23 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 12:31
Looking good can't wait. smiling smiley

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 12:37
A half back axis of Flood and Takelua. (Sm152)

Looking forward to hearing how the lads get on.

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 12:49
Cheers for the Info smithy. I initially thought we'd picked up the Saints centre James Elliott too until I realised this lad is a student from Leeds. Best of luck to him.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
19 August, 2017 16:37
By the sounds of it Toby's kicking has been outstanding so far today. Can anyone confirm this?

19 August, 2017 16:45
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
By the sounds of it Toby's kicking has been outstanding so far today. Can anyone confirm this?
Bar one flubbed conversion it's been magnificent. Been superb as a playmaker too.

Ben Sowry just went over after the ref played advantage after a Titans knock on. Flood converted. 26-0. Rotherham are poor.

19 August, 2017 17:10
That was something special from Radwan. Conversion went over too. 33-7. Craig Willis has taken over kicking duties.

too_tall_to_tackle (IP Logged)
19 August, 2017 17:34
Just following on twitter and don't know what to think. Seems like a bit of a procession but don't know whether that is because we have made a big leap forward or that it is just a preseason friendly against championship oppo.

Only one way to find out....bring on the prem.

19 August, 2017 17:57
Happy with that, looked very clinical whenever we got near their line. Lot of penalties conceded though.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
19 August, 2017 18:05
Anything in Takelua being brought off quite early? Did it appear to be an injury or is it purely tactical?

Radwan scored another 2 tries. Hope he is given a chance in the first team this season.

pa8 (IP Logged)
19 August, 2017 20:26
I hope Takalua isn't injured, nor Ruaridh Dawson for that matter. Bearing in mind that there could easily be 9/10 changes to that team for the premiership I thought we played pretty well. The scrum started off well and was impressed with Trevor Davison in the tight and his contributions in loose play. Some good runs from both second rows and from Uzokwe in the second half.
Don't know what they've done differently in pre season this year but the team just looks fitter and quicker.

exhooker (IP Logged)
19 August, 2017 23:44
You're right Pa8. The team looks enormously quicker and there have been some good performances I haven't a clue what team I would pick against Worcester but I'm quite excited

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net