rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 23rd September v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm

Friday 29th September v London Irish at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 7-29 Saracens

Arrive early on Friday and prepare for bag searches
markismith50 (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 11:48
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance to all of you who are attending on Friday night. Just a couple of quick pointers, all of which essentially boil down to 'please arrive early and allow extra time to get into the ground'.

In light of recent incidents there will be full bag searches for everyone coming into the ground. Where possible, please don't bring a bag, though we realise this isn't always realistic. These searches will take time, so please arrive as early as is practical.

We will also be using turnstiles to get all supporters into the ground. Again, this will add extra time to the process, so please factor this in.

On the same theme, the ticket office will be very busy on Friday. Please allow plenty of time if you're buying or collecting tickets to avoid disappointment.

A full run-down of the match-day info is on the link below, but I just wanted to get in early with the above messages to hopefully avoid people missing the start of the game. We appreciate these delays can be annoying, and hopefully people will be patient with our staff as we go through these important checks.

[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Cheers
Smithy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/08/2017 11:49 by markismith50.

Re: Arrive early on Friday and prepare for bag searches
NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 12:54
When does the turnstiles open? Can you access the Tap and Tackle if our tickets are based in the South Stand? Sorry to ask simple questions but it's our first trip to the KP and I can't find a section which covers this online. Thanks in advance.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 13:02
Hi, as it says in the article, turnstiles open at 6.15pm.

Tap & Tackle is open all day. Yes, you can access the Tap & Tackle pre and post match, when you leave the T&T you just need to access the South Stand via the appropriate turnstile.

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 14:21
I appreciate the advanced warning Smithy.

Your last line worries me somewhat: "when you leave the T&T you just need to access the South Stand via the appropriate turnstile."

When this was put into force last season it was an utter nightmare. I was having a pre match drink in the Tap and Tackle and went to go out of the East Stand glass doors to gain access to the East Terrace. Four of us were then refused entry and told we had to access the North/East terrace stand entrance. We asked what they expected us to do with the half pint of beer we each had. The answer we got was outstanding.

You can put it behind the bar, go out enter the ground via North/East stand entrance, then come back up the stairs and collect your beer, and then we will let you out of the same East stand glass doors you're trying to exit now (This makes complete sense NOT!)
I don't understand this as you are scanned when you enter the Tap and Tackle bar?

In the end it meant that a queue of 50-60 people built up and we missed the first 20 minutes of the Wasps game.
Complaints were made (Not by me) and it stopped, we were then able to walk through the east stand glass doors, why the sudden change?

I understand the need for security as a veteran of our Armed Forces and with the current climate we live in however this is one of them things that can ruin your match day experience.

Whilst were on the subject of gripes Smithy can you bring the following points to whoever you believe is best suited to deal with them:

I don't want this to come across as a rant because I feel the club is very positive in comparison to other grounds I have visited.

1. Can we try to ensure Portable toilet facilities are available in the North/East terrace corner every home game please even if its 1-2.
If these are not available I have to send my 10 year old son into the East Stand Tap and Tackle toilets as there are the nearest available (whilst I watch him go up the stairs and keep an eye on him) on 4 occasions last season he was refused entry by stewards even when producing a valid season ticket. I then have to take him myself which can be annoying.

2. The stewarded gate at the bottom of the east stand stairs, nearest the East terrace has been pushed all the way in line with the steps of the East stand. It used to be about half way along and in line with the dugout areas, this gave younger fans the opportunity to meet/congratulate the Falcons players and get autographs/meet their heroes after the match has ended. With the gate being pushed all the way across it's very difficult for youngsters to gain the attention of players coming off the field why has this stopped?

I watched this last season where a Cumbrian Rugby Club, had come across and wanted to see the players post-match and got nowhere near, the disappointed faces were evident for all to see. Surely as a club we should be encouraging this sort of thing and be less stringent post-match especially if we are allowing anyone on the pitch post-match?

Some on here will I'm sure counter-argue the points made but for me they are tiny tweaks but make a massive difference to the match day experience.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 14:42
"I understand the need for security as a veteran of our Armed Forces and with the current climate we live in however this is one of them things that can ruin your match day experience."

Absolutely understood, and hence why I'm trying to mention it early to minimise any effects.

Regarding your additional points, our MD Mick Hogan is happy to field emails on mick.hogan@newcastle-falcons.co.uk . I'm here to manage the media side of the club, and while I'm always happy to listen to supporters' comments I'm not generally the best person to implement them. From experience, Mick is your best point of contact and will raise issues with the relevant people when we are in a position to.

Cheers
Smithy

alnwickfalcon (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 15:26
Cheers as always Smithy. I and many others value your input on this site.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 15:56
Sorry Smithy! Only read half the article and missed the link. Thanks for the heads up.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 15:57
No worries NorfolkFalcon, there's a lot of info in there so totally understand

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net