rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Saturday 4th November v Wasps at Ricoh Arena, 3.00pm (Anglo Welsh)

Last result: Bordeaux Begles 20-21 Newcastle Falcons

Site "update"
toastie1 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 20:55
Why on earth do Sportnetwork choose the day before the new season starts to "update" their site? It's the one day that supporters want to comment on their team for the first match of the season and share their views on said team with others.

Couldn't they have waited a day or two?

Re: Site "update"
pa8 (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 22:59
Not 100% sure on this but does the update not kick in automatically if there's no board activity for a set period ?

aidanb (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 23:35
I just assumed it was the usually Falcons forum lack of postings

eastfalcon (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 23:40
A post from the editing team at regular periods keeps the site ticking over. Many thanks to Leipy for doing this at short notice smiling smiley

Onwards and Upwards!

aidanb (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 00:03
Quote:
eastfalcon
A post from the editing team at regular periods keeps the site ticking over. Many thanks to Leipy for doing this at short notice smiling smiley

Haha
I'm on the editing team and didn't know this

Maybe monkey or leipy will show me how to do it.

Kath... (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 08:29
You need to put up a story/article every 14days otherwise the site drops out

cumbrian_falcon (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 08:52
Just nick one of Smithy's off the falcons website and plagiarise it (Sm156)

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 11:25
In fairness to the site I'm guessing if they asked our opinion there would never be a good time. Bit like roadworks or train delays as if it interferes with you it's the worst thing in the world.
At least it was ahead of kick off. Though in fairness with the summers England games, Lions matches , Womens World Cup, Sevens , Pre-match friendlies and transfer rumours it was probably as good a time as any ;-)

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 10:34
The site needs a new story every 2 weeks, that is a proper story such as a match preview or report, or it switches itself off. These things have to be posted up by one of the editors in a certain format.

The reason for this is so that the advertising agencies who shove the annoying but essential adverts on here want to know that the sites are active, in other words they want to know that people will look at their adverts. Putting stories up then showing that people read them allows Sportnetwork to demonstrate that their sites are refreshed regularly and actually read by people rather than clicked on then ignored.

This season is going to be a challenge for myself & for Leipy to find time to write up stories, so to keep the site going it would be very helpful if people could have a go at whatever they think they can write & that Falcons supporters will want to read. If you PM myself or Leipy we can post it up, or if anybody is really keen & would like to be an editor then please get in touch. We were lucky to have Falconsfan writing excellent previews last season, but he will be spending most of this season deep in some foreign jungle & will be too busy fighting off weird diseases to keep us up to date with what is happening at KP. All help is much appreciated & keeps the site alive.

As for the site updating itself just as the season kicks off, that is because Sportnetwork turn off this feature during the summer when there is nothing to write about. They switch it back on at the start of the season, and I would probably have thought about this & posted something up but have been away on holiday so I didn't.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net