rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 23rd September v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm

Friday 29th September v London Irish at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 7-29 Saracens

Bad Manners
ROLLO (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 21:02
Kicks are normally taken in silence, will some of the crowd be at St .James Park on Saturday?

Re: Bad Manners
01 September, 2017 21:57
No, the next game is away, week on Sunday.

ROLLO (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 22:10
So basically you are not bothered with the traditions of rugby? You won fair and square , well done Wuss were woeful , so why such bad manners - round ball supporters I guess. When you are as poor as Wuss are it is the traditions and the ethos of the game that sustains one.
Best of luck for the rest of the season.

CharlieDog (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 22:26
There was no booing of the kicker...... the crowd booed the 'mildly' controversial awarding of the try and sarcastically cheered when the kick was missed but were pretty quiet during the actual kick.

Stop trying to create an issue to excuse your woeful performance

ROLLO (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 22:32
I am not and it is not what I heard.

01 September, 2017 22:33
Quote:
ROLLO
Kicks are normally taken in silence, will some of the crowd be at St .James Park on Saturday?
People paid their money they can do what they want.

Also, nothing worse than morons like you who use the sport as a weakly veiled excuse to bash Football supporters.

Enjoy your season, it's going to be a long one x

w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 22:42
Quote:
CharlieDog
There was no booing of the kicker...... the crowd booed the 'mildly' controversial awarding of the try and sarcastically cheered when the kick was missed but were pretty quiet during the actual kick.
Stop trying to create an issue to excuse your woeful performance
Your're right Rollo and that's not being biased.The crowd were appalling.Think they had Toon fans in!
As for the game,yes we were woeful but had we taken our chances and not given every point away I believe it would've been different.

I thought it would take s lot to make a very average team like Falcons look like world beaters but we did exactly that.Man for man we are better IMHO but just not tonight.Don't think Falcons' can read too much into this result as we played nowhere near our best.

Glaws and Falcons to win tonight,would've been very long odds I suspect.

w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 22:49
Quote:
JustAnotherOnlooker
Quote:
ROLLO

Also, nothing worse than morons like you who use the sport as a weakly veiled excuse to bash Football supporters.

I suspect it will be a long season for both if us but 1 game won't define either of our seasons.Interesting that the commentators on the radio,Falcons and us said if Takalua gets injured you're basically fecked! Which to be fair is not fair,lol.You have Flood and Mermoz to play yet.( I don't rate Merwe btw ).

w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 22:51
Quote:
ROLLO
So basically you are not bothered with the traditions of rugby? You won fair and square , well done Wuss were woeful , so why such bad manners - round ball supporters I guess. When you are as poor as Wuss are it is the traditions and the ethos of the game that sustains one.
+1

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 22:58
I think some people are a bit upset that they have driven a long way and just seem their team turbo-humped by a Falcons B-Team. Ho-Hum

pa8 (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 23:02
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
ROLLO
+1
The bad mannered group of 8 drunken supporters in front of me should definitely be taught about keeping quiet when kicks were taking place - especially when the 'toon fans' as you put it were cunningly disguised in Worcester shirts.
As Charlie Dog said it was definitely sarcasm by certain falcons fans after the awarding of a try which some didn't agree with. But if you're not happy with that why not start with your own bad mannered fans ?

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 23:04
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
JustAnotherOnlooker
Quote:
ROLLO

I suspect it will be a long season for both if us but 1 game won't define either of our seasons.Interesting that the commentators on
the radio,Falcons and us said if Takalua gets injured you're basically fecked! Which to be fair is not fair,lol.You have Flood and Mermoz to play yet.( I don't rate Merwe btw ).

Now now w4rriorz...behave behind your keyboard, no need to get chewy on our fans just because your team weren't good enough.

We have loads of quality at 9 in young Sam Stuart from Richmond who looks like a real find, and hound Dawson in our academy looks slick too.

Tbh, I don't think anyone cares that you don't rate DTH... I certainly don't and neither does he. He scored in the final for Scarlets last season and tore it up at the World Cup so what you say is irrelevant really.

w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 23:04
Quote:
Rafpilot2000
I think some people are a bit upset that they have driven a long way and just seem their team turbo-humped by a Falcons B-Team. Ho-Hum
We had a lot more first team players missing so result not a surprise really.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 23:06
Sour grapes springs to mind, not only tonight but last season. Just accept that there was nothing wrong with the crowd and that you were beaten by the better team.

Good luck this season, you're going to need it.

robtheh (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 23:07
W4rriorz1980 is one of those who goes on other boards with passive-aggressive posts supposed to rile people, so that they bite back and he thinks he's making them look like the bad guy.
Glad Newcastle are doing well; always enjoyed the trip up from Bris, even if results haven't favoured us!
Good luck for the rest of the season.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 23:08
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
Rafpilot2000

And we didn't? Stop blaming your loss on injuries, as acknowledged by some of your fans our injury list was even worse. Some of your fans were arrogant enough to suggest you'll definitely beat us.

We played better, you were terrible and the result was fair. Get over it.

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 23:09
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
Rafpilot2000

If you rely on just your first team then this will be a very long season indeed, the Falcons were missing 13-15 players who could stake a claim as a first choice player and beat a wuss team at the start of the season comfortably

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net