rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 9th December v Bordeaux-Begles at Kingston Park, 3.15pm

Friday 15th December v Dragons at Rodney Parade, 7.30pm

Last result: Northampton Saints 22-24 Newcastle Falcons

***NEW PLAYER SIGNING-PROP Jake IInicki***
falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 08:56
Canada prop brought for the season to cover for Davey and Scotty Wilson who seem to be made of glass...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 10:50 by falconsfan07.

Re: ***NEW PLAYER SIGNING TO BE ANNOUNCED TODAY***
Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 08:59
Never seen this coming? Hopefully another prop

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 09:11
Yeah I'm thinking TH prop. If the Wilson injury woes continue (which look likely), we can't rely on Welsh and rookie Davidson to be our only senior options.

markismith50 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 09:18
I was going to do this later in the week but he's playing in the A-League game tonight, so we've had to rush it out!

Ezine subscribers will find out his identity first. Sign up for free via the official club website.

Cheers
Smithy

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 09:39
Didn't expect this hopefully a prop as we are slightly thin in numbers there. smiling smiley

falconsfan07 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 09:59
Perhaps it's Jason Payne? He loooed very good in pre season and looked like a real handful with ball in hand. Impressed enough to get a full deal?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 10:04
Jack Payne is already with us this season in conjunction with Mowden.

It's a news player who hasn't been on trial (though he has been training with us for a few days already).

Ezine subscribers should find out from around 11.30am, the rest of you at around 12 noon on the club website.

Cheers
Smithy

04 September, 2017 10:30
Smithy where is the A-League game at?

04 September, 2017 10:54
Good signing hopefully, I'm guessing he will be on the bench as TH cover for the sale game. Also inferring that both wilsons are long term injuries

Re: ***NEW PLAYER SIGNING-PROP Jake IInicki***
markismith50 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 11:02
The A-game is at Broadstreet, 7.30pm. Team to be announced at 1230

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 11:13
How long term are we looking on the injuries with the Wilsons? Are we looking at season ending? They as much as us must be seriously frustrated by all of their problems.

Question is, will they ever get over their injuries problems let alone get back to their best?

Regardless, it is good that we have signed another TH to bolster the ranks and hopefully he does well for us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 11:14 by NorfolkFalcon.

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 11:15
Is there any chance of the club letting the fans know how long the Wilsons are likely to be sidelined. I realise it can only be a guide, but are we talking 6 weeks or 6 months?

I wish the DOR would allow the club to be more communicative on this type of issue.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 11:29
Good signing he has experience at international level a big lad as well. smiling smiley

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 13:16
I really don't get why some fans think that the club should keep us updated on who is injured and timescales as to when they will be fit again!!

My opinion is that the information should be kept in house......we will get to know when they're fit and ready to play as they will be in the matchday squad.

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 14:24
This fella was in 1877 bar on Friday night with Olmstead
I didn't recognise him at the time but it makes sense now
Good luck to him, we need bodies with the issues we have already at TH

Cantabrian (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 14:40
Wensleydale, while I respect your view, I think its outdated. Good communication helps people feel involved and interested. For example, the Chiefs Michele Campagnaro did his ACL in pre-season and Rob Baxter is happy to explain the situation to the media and fans.

I doubt the Exeter DOR's comments are going to affect the Chiefs chances of winning games, so, when it comes to the Falcons, instead of your rather negative "why" I would ask a more positive "why not."

Either way, I hope Jake Ilnicki turns out to be another great addition to the squad

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 16:52
The reason they keep cards close to their chest is very much because it makes it difficult to know who will play for the opposition.

Therefore our oppo have to come up with several ways to play us depending on which players and game plan we try to put into practice. It also means the opposing starting player and videographer have to look at several Falcons players and their strengths and weaknesses rather than using the very short turnaround time to analyse just one.

It makes no difference to us as fans whether someone is fit or out for weeks. You would watch the team or not anyway. It is only a need for curiosity to be satisfied and a frustration in this 24 hour news and social media information cycle that we can't have all the answers all the time.

In a way it's actually quite nice to know you don't always get the answers however much you stomp your toddler feet....

mannin (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 18:25
There is absolutely nothing for the club to lose to explain long-term injuries. The lads from other clubs will know anyway as there will be lots of inter-club chat.

Falconski (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 18:43
Re Davey Wilson let me chat with my mate at Westoe who knows him?

I shouldn't have to do this but its the Falcon all over.

Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 20:42
I don't care about Exeter and how they do things or any of the other teams for that matter...if our management choose to keep things on the QT that's their prerogative and I'm happy with that.

As I've always maintained over the years on my posts (certainly since Dean was appointed) we should be happy to just back the management team do things their way and judge them on the progress that we are making as a club.

I guess we all have our own viewpoint on this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 20:44 by Wensleydale Falcon.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 21:12
It's really not looking good for the two Wilsons. I honest don't expect them to be back playing. Especially Davy.

Hopefully the ones we have now can do a good job

Welsh, ilnicki, Davison (Who I thought was more a lh) and Payne. .

Osric (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 15:05
How did he play - anyone know?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net