rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 23rd September v Bath Rugby at The Recreation Ground, 3.00pm

Friday 29th September v London Irish at Kingston Park, 7.45pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 7-29 Saracens

Lets enjoy this
09 September, 2017 21:15
With only 1 game left to play in the prem this weekend falcons will be no worse than second in the league with the best defensive records by at least 15 points.
My reason for pointing this out is just to make sure we are all enjoying the facts.
Going round the other teams boards it seems we are being given no credit for what we have achieved thus far and the arrogance of one or two disparaging comments about last nights game beggars belief. Some teams seem to think they have a god given right to beat us.
yes we have not played ant "big" teams but i bet Sale will put one or two of them to the sword at the AJ.

Our two wins were achieved without 90% of what most assume is our best starting back line and we are using a prop who signed his first pro contract 2 months ago.

Credit when its due for the players from us fans its great to be a falcon!!

one or two other clubs supporters will be eating their words this season methinks.

Re: Lets enjoy this
dick g (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 08:22
Enjoy this? I'm so far ahead of myself I'm out of sight. For the past several seasons, my interest in other premiership games has been on the impact on our annual relegation avoidance campaign. Now, I watch games and support the side whose win might least affect our top four position. This means that I can find myself as a quasi Tigers supporter. A strangely surreal position. So today I will be yelling "Come in your Warriors" at the TV much to the astonishment of guests at our Golden Wedding Anniversary party.

exhooker (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 08:23
Spot on Doddie. Wasps need to win by 13 points to go above us which is entirely possible but if you'd given me 1st or 2nd with 9 points after 2 games I'd have been delighted. We are not perfect but by and large the lads that have done it are last season's team, and the club has made great strides over the last 12 months.

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 09:03
I'm loving it. Let other fans and teams keep righting us off, can only serve to motivate us.

Sale are going to be tough at home this season and their defeat to us might give them the wake up call needed, like Edinburgh seemed to be during our pre season.

AFalcon23 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 09:17
Have to agree feeling great at the moment, and just think we have players coming back from injuries as well. smiling smiley

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 10:43
Apparently we are so dire that Bristol would easily beat us.

That is the gist of a comment on the Bristol message board, I nearly spat out my coffee when I read it.
(Sm22)

The table is utterly meaningless until at least a quarter way into the season, but we are top for the moment, it is just a bit of fun, let's enjoy the moment. If we are still in the top half after Christmas I will be a very happy bunny.

pa8 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 11:36
Brizz fans talking about something other than crowd size ? Wonders never cease. Whatever next ? Wuss fans not talking about injuries ?

trummy200 (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 12:54
Disagree with Monkey! Enjoy and revel in every moment

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 08:26
Long may it last (Sm48)

exhooker (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 08:35
Second on points difference is brilliant...and if Jimmy G's kick had bounced the other way off the post we'd be top!!

Stopsy (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 09:46
I'd rather be in your position than ours currently (Tigers), much to admire.

mannin (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 10:45
Stopsy, watching Tigers the first 2 weeks has compounded my thoughts that the pack isn't going to get your very talented backline much ball.

A long season ahead or teething problems? MOC doesn't seem like a hard nosed DOR to me.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 12:37
Tiggers often seem to have a slow start to the season, a bit of a fumble around in the bottom half of the table, then they wake up, have a good stretch & a f@rt, & somehow finish the season in the top four. If they could hit the ground running at the start of the season this wouldn't happen, but the season would be a lot more boring & the end result, well still in the top four.

mannin (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 19:12
I can't see it Monkey. Their forwards are all over the place. Starting a few of the younger lads this week might help them out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net