rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 21st October v Bordeaux-Begles at Stade Chaban-Delmas, 5.30pm (UK time)

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 32-27 Dragons

Other Prem results this weekend
Monkey1 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 13:35
Friday:

Sale 36 - 7 London Irish
A 5 try display from the home side puts our game there in some perspective. Perhaps containment to prevent Sale scoring tries was a good policy after all on a soggy night?

Worcester 10 - 41 Exeter
Probably only to be expected I suppose, but next up Wuss have Gloucester at Kingsholm, and Glos are on a roll, then Sarries at Sixways which will probably not be very pretty either. They will have to hope that Bath have a bad day at the Rec after that or they will be a quarter way through the season & nailed onto the bottom of the table with 0 points.

Saints 24 - 6 Bath
Saints will be delighted with this after beating Leicester last weekend. Perhaps the forecasts of a season of doom for the Northampton club were premature.

Saturday

Leicester 24 - 10 Glos
That will have restored a bit of faith at Welford Road.

Falcons 7 - 29 Saracens
It was never in doubt I suppose, that was an almighty Sarries team, but credit to some outstanding Falcons defence which at least denied the 'visitors' a bonus point that lesser teams would have given. Sarries are a delight to watch when they make things tick.

Sunday

Wasps v Quins 15:00

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2017 09:16 by Monkey1.

Re: Other Prem results this weekend
AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 16:38
I know it's early but I think it will be out of Worcester or Irish who goes down this season. smiling smiley

Heaf (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 02:07
Unfortunately that seems all too likely - just hope its Worcester ...

dick g (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 09:18
I think it will be the Sauces. (My new nickname for the Warriors.)

Garym (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 13:45
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

17 September, 2017 15:43
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

Reciprocal baiting.

Osric (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 18:31
It's early days and both Wuss and Irish will get stronger. Personally, I hope that no-one goes down, Bristol and Carnegie come up and the league is then protected for at least three years. I know, I know ... but it's mid September already - high time we debate the pros and cons of a protected league. Perhaps we were a little keener on the idea when we thought it might benefit us.
So far, my pre-season feelings that Glos and Saints would struggle seem a little bit wide of the mark, so I'll keep my mystic meg predictions to myself from now on.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 07:17
Quote:
There's 35 seconds to go
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

Reciprocal baiting.

That's what happens when one idiot comes on here & gives the rest of the Wuss supporters a bad reputation. If Wuss do go down, and I certainly don't wish that upon them, Sixways Cheryl is going to get such a hard time.

Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 10:44
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
There's 35 seconds to go
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

Reciprocal baiting.

That's what happens when one idiot comes on here & gives the rest of the Wuss supporters a bad reputation. If Wuss do go down, and I certainly don't wish that upon them, Sixways Cheryl is going to get such a hard time.

Not forgetting that idiot Mr.Worcester

pa8 (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 10:49
Mr. Worcester seems to have gone awful quiet, mind you it was on third party forums that he was at his worst and haven't read many recently, so he might still be active.

Heaf (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 12:46
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

Because I support LI

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 12:54
That's a damned good reason Heaf.
(Sm22)

Heaf (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 13:24
I thought so (Sm128)

Garym (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 16:56
Quote:
Heaf
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

Because I support LI

I can understand that as a reason .....

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 20:25
I'm with Heaf. Worcester should be relegated, but don't wait until the season is over, do it now.

The reason for my change of heart; My Worcester boiler (founder Cecil Duckworth, he of Worcester Warriors fame) has packed in again, apparently due to the same faulty part as last time. It is a fairly new boiler and is now onto its fourth main control circuit board. It is basically rubbish, and very expensive rubbish, and it is only right to condemn the whole of Worcester into oblivion as punishment.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 21:00
I hope they review a ringfenced premiership concept. I can say it now knowing we are one of the stronger sides, but I have maintained it for years.

Relegation is totally illogical in the current financial situation of most larger and smaller clubs in England at present. At least try to make one league financially sustainable and give those clubs stability to achieve this.

Nationally it seems acceptable to be significantly concerned about the finamcial unknowns caused by Brexit (I make no judgement on that) and yet it seems perfectly acceptable to throw one of our rugby clubs off the edge each season into the same sort of unknown without any consideration of an alternative.

We should call it Prexit..... sorry.... I'll go quiet again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/09/2017 21:02 by Kwa444.

Heaf (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 23:08
I'm with you guys - relegate Worcester now for Monkey's perfectly reasonable stance smiling smiley or ring fence as the current system makes it very tough for the 'lower teams' to build for the future with all the uncertainty around relegation - LI wasn't helped by the playoffs being scrapped a year too late either and we're already looking like we may be struggling at LH and back row after the latest round of injuries ...

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 07:13
Quote:
Heaf
..... after the latest round of injuries ...

Steady on mate, people will think you are a Worcester supporter.
(Sm100)

dick g (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 09:31
I think my support of ring fencing is well known. It would bring stability, encourage investment, be better for developing England qualified players, reduce reliance on recruiting expensive overseas mercenaries to avoid the threat of relegation, mean that sides will play with an emphasis on attacking and winning rather than defending to avoid losing with the accompanying threat of relegation.
A form of relegation could continue with some kind of independent panel voting on the future of a club regularly propping up the bottom of the Prem as used to happen in the Fourth Division of the old football league. The current parachute payment could become a cash prize for top Championship clubs to be used to develop squads and facilities and eventually apply for entry to Premiership which would therefore expand organically. I could, and have, gone on.

dick g (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 12:02
....and I will go on. Story in Times says that a third of Premiership clubs are up for sale or seeking investment. This cannot continue. Who is going to invest with the threat of relegation? If the Prem is going to survive let alone grow, things must change and soon. Make no mistake, a crisis looms.

Sixways Cheryl (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 12:03
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
There's 35 seconds to go
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

Reciprocal baiting.

Would love to know why my name is being mentioned? Think I've posted in one thread on this board to make a valid point about your announcer reminding fans to be quiet during kicks.

Monkey, you mention Worcester in almost every post you've made on this thread. The passive aggression & pettiness you show (including when you came to our board) isn't a good look. You're extremely transparent.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 13:24
Quote:
Sixways Cheryl
Monkey, you mention Worcester in almost every post you've made on this thread. The passive aggression & pettiness you show (including when you came to our board) isn't a good look. You're extremely transparent.

Erm,

I think you will find if you actually bother to read what I have written, over several years I may add, that I actually like Worcester and the supporters a lot, and say a lot of positive things about both club & supporters. I have said nothing but praise about Worcester's appointment of Gary Gold, and am on record several times saying I think you will do much better this season, that was until the rather unfortunate news came out about the club maybe not being in as good financial shape as people thought. Even then my comments have been sympathetic, saying I hope it gets resolved in a positive manner.

A few random offerings that I found very easily:

Quote:
Monkey1
Best of luck to Wuss & Irish.....

Quote:
Monkey1
I had predicted Wuss to do a bit better this season, maybe even surprise a few people with Gary Gold giving them a bit of a sorting out.

Quote:
Monkey1
Wuss supporters have my sympathy...

You also seem to have forgotten that you called us "The worst crowd in the league..." so you are hardly likely to receive a friendly welcome on here in future.

My comment on the Worcester board was that the good relations between Worcester & Falcons supporters that have grown over many years are not going to be harmed by a few idiotic comments from a very small minority if keyboard warriors.

You really need to get over your dislike of me Cheryl, because I am actually a nice person. Maybe you should tell your doctor about it, I think he needs to know.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Sixways Cheryl (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 13:39
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
Sixways Cheryl

Erm,

I think you will find if you actually bother to read what I have written, over several years I may add, that I actually like Worcester and the supporters a lot, and say a lot of positive things about both club & supporters. I have said nothing but praise about Worcester's appointment of Gary Gold, and am on record several times saying I think you will do much better this season, that was until the rather unfortunate news came out about the club maybe not being in as good financial shape as people thought. Even then my comments have been sympathetic, saying I hope it gets resolved in a positive manner.

A few random offerings that I found very easily:

Quote:
Monkey1
Best of luck to Wuss & Irish.....

Quote:
Monkey1
I had predicted Wuss to do a bit better this season, maybe even surprise a few people with Gary Gold giving them a bit of a sorting out.

Quote:
Monkey1
Wuss supporters have my sympathy...

You also seem to have forgotten that you called us "The worst crowd in the league..." so you are hardly likely to receive a friendly welcome on here in future.

My comment on the Worcester board was that the good relations between Worcester & Falcons supporters that have grown over many years are not going to be harmed by a few idiotic comments from a very small minority if keyboard warriors.

You really need to get over your dislike of me Cheryl, because I am actually a nice person. Maybe you should tell your doctor about it, I think he needs to know.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Bizarre, mealy-mouthed response given I barely know who you are & only replied because I found you mentioning me by name (for reasons I'm still unaware of?).

I'll leave you to it. Enjoy the rest of the season.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 13:41
For those of you who haven't seen it, this was my post on the Worcester board that Cheryl thinks was petty and aggressive:

Quote:
Monkey1
The table is utterly meaningless until you get well into the season but we are top as it stands, it is a bit of a laugh, and we are enjoying the moment.
I have no idea why a tiny few Wuss supporters feel so badly towards us, to the point of being downright rude. It really doesn't matter, but it really would be better if you just kept such feelings to yourself, rather than venting your anger wearing a Worcester supporter's hat, as it breeds animosity, and that is the last thing that we want.

As JP mentions above, we have a particularly good history with Worcester, and we have had some great times together at Sixways and Kingston Park. We won't let a couple of numpties spoil that, and if you can give one of the top teams in Europe a run for their money this afternoon we will be delighted to share your happiness.

Good luck, hope you have an enjoyable afternoon at Sixways.

Hmmm, wishing Worcester good luck & saying I would be delighted to see them do well against a top team. Very petty & aggressive of me.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 18:03
I think their fans are just struggling at the moment to find anything positive to write about with them being pointless at the bottom of the table, playing poor rugby and ownerless at the end of the year. For some strange historical reason they seem to see us as arch relegation rivals and because we beat them that we are a focal point for their trolls.
I hold Worcester fans in high regard and fail to get excited by the idiots

trummy200 (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 18:04
Off topic but your boiler Monkey- Make sure that there is not a steam leak that is degrading the circuit board. That caused the board failure on one I had dealings with. It failed a good while after it got damp! Worcester boilers are supposed to be some of the most reliable so you are having a run of bad luck with yours. Good luck with it

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 18:41
Cheers Trummy. It did have a leak out of a pressure relief valve which sounds exactly like your problem, and may have caused the demise of one of the circuit boards. I checked it this time & clean as a whistle. Engineer called today & couldn't find anything wrong, same as last time, so looks like one of 'those' faults. No doubt it will happen again on the coldest day of the year, or Christmas morning knowing my luck. If it behaves itself from now on I will take the relegation curse off Wuss.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 20:03
Boiler has packed in again. Relegate them.

Leipziger (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 20:50
Quote:
dick g
Who is going to invest with the threat of relegation?

Uncle Semore bought into the Falcons in autumn 2010. A year later, months after we'd beaten relegation on points difference and with full knowledge of the promotion/relegation system because he was a long-term fan, he completed a takeover of the club.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 22:13
quod erat demonstrandum, as they say in Pompeii.

dick g (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 08:06
Quote:
Leipziger
Quote:
dick g
Who is going to invest with the threat of relegation?

Uncle Semore bought into the Falcons in autumn 2010. A year later, months after we'd beaten relegation on points difference and with full knowledge of the promotion/relegation system because he was a long-term fan, he completed a takeover of the club.

Reasonable point. But for how long can the Premiership depend on the indulgence of wealthy enthusiasts? Eventually the bubble will burst.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net