rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 21st October v Bordeaux-Begles at Stade Chaban-Delmas, 5.30pm (UK time)

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 32-27 Dragons

Free Greene King logo for Falcons ISC shirts
markismith50 (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 11:41
Hi all,

I've been asked to make you aware that any supporters wanting a free Greene King IPA logo transfer for their 2017-18 season ISC Falcons home shirt can get one by emailing mick.gregory@newcastle-falcons.co.uk by September 23.

This is for shirts in adult sizes only.

Further questions on merchandise matters should be directed to retail@newcastle-falcons.co.uk rather than my good self.

Cheers
Smithy

Re: Free Greene King logo for Falcons ISC shirts
aidanb (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 12:21
Nice offer from the club

There’s a cynic in me trying to win a battle over the use of the word free - but I won’t let the cynic win

skip mcskipper (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 20:15
How come the away shirt doesn't have the green king sponsorship logo on?

aidanb (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 20:48
Quote:
skip mcskipper
How come the away shirt doesn't have the green king sponsorship logo on?

Cos the sponsor is only for thehkme games

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 21:25
Clearly there was a price for full sponsorship and nobody was prepared to meet it. Greene King met a lower level for the home shirt. Shame because with 20/20 hindsight it would be nice to have your logo on that Bath beating shirt....

Ah well you get what you pay for!

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 20:35
I have to confess that having initially been outspoken about this years home shirt, it's starting to grow on me.
Having been in the shop the other day, looks like the away and European shirts will be in around the start of November. The womens shirt is similar in style to the Ines currently available, just a bit more fitted and only available in the away kit colours

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 20:42
I have a shirt without sponsor which I like very much, and also managed to get Junior the same shirt so we can be Me & Mini Me on the Wasps bus.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 21:20
I got the non sponsored shirt but went in the other day, got the IPA logo put on free, got some official premiership numbering put on in the shop and have got an above premiership patch on it and it looks rather smart. Look forward to wearinvbit to the Exeter game.
Not sure we are going to get any of the heavy weight cotton shirts with a collar sadly

NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 21:38
The new home shirt has also really grown on me, it needed the logo on the shirt to make it look more 'busy'. ISC training wear is great, too. I have the training top and it is really smart.

I'm still not a fan of the away shirt, though and I can't see my opinion changing even when it contains a sponsor!

Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 07:21
RAFPilot,

You mention we aren't getting a heavyweight cotton version of the home shirt. Is this opinion or have you been informed?

falconbear (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 08:31
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
The new home shirt has also really grown on me, it needed the logo on the shirt to make it look more 'busy'. ISC training wear is great, too. I have the training top and it is really smart.
I'm still not a fan of the away shirt, though and I can't see my opinion changing even when it contains a sponsor!

I like the away shirt - a nice touch to our Gosforth roots. After our best start in yonks I bet there are some company owners kicking themselves for not sponsoring the away shirt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2017 08:33 by falconbear.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 11:06
It is a semi informed opinion from an informal chat in the shop. I am happy to stand corrected though by the club. We are going to get limited numbers of the more expensive and tighter fitting player shirts . I asked about the merits of only having the ladies shirts in away colours and this may be down to being tagged onto the male shirt orders to make up numbers if away shirt sales aren't expected to be great.

dick g (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 11:07
Having now seen all the Premiership tops, I reckon ours are pretty good. Distinctive, but restrained. Thankfully, we havn't gone down the fluoro route.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 11:22
I have never been one to criticise the club as I think they are doing an exceptional job of developing and improving the club both on and off the pitch. That said, given our attendances being around 7,500 of which around 1/3 are female, I feel it is disgraceful that the club does not offer a ladies home kit.
At the very least this is sexist .
To have such extensive training kit and men's shirts but no women's home shirts given the raising profile of women's rugby is not good

steve1888 (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 12:19
Suppose it'll be down to supplier also and minimum order qtys etc compared to our usual shirt sales. We do have a good female following but they won't all wear the shirts same as the men and kids.

I'm really liking the range and bought one of the zip up hooded training tops last week along with shirts and other goodies we've bought. Best range since Kooga times probably.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 18:55
Looks like a really good range of kit this year. Anyone heard any news on the away and European kits? 6 matches into the season so must be on its way.
What are the thoughts on our away kit not having a sponsor? Any merit on putting a charity on it maybe?

markismith50 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 20:11
Will have details this week on the Euro kit, which we will wear on Saturday.

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 20:42
Quote:
Rafpilot2000
What are the thoughts on our away kit not having a sponsor? Any merit on putting a charity on it maybe?

I prefer the blank canvas. If we continue to do well it will useful to have the opportunity for sponsorship clearly on view.

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 20:57
Fair point monkey. Considering we are a top 4 team at the moment ad don't have a shirt sponsor, hopefully it will get some companies interested. After all we beat Bath sponsored by Dyson;-)
Can't wait to see the European shirt. Will wait tomake judgement until I have seen it work a couple of times as I criticised the home shirt and now it's starting to grow on me;-)

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 23:45
You could attach a corporate sponsor for each match in order to amuse yourself. So just off the top of my head you could add a Hoover logo when playing Bath, Tata for Wasps etc.

I'm sure there are better options than I have suggested for a giggle.....

Monkey1 (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 09:17
They would have to be appropriate sponsors so how about:

Bath - Head & Shoulders
Exeter Chiefs - Ambrosia Custard
Gloucester - Massey Ferguson
Harelequins - Pimms
Leicester Tigers - Billy Smart's Circus
London Irish - Guinness
Northampton Saints - Church of England
Sale Sharks - Australian Tourist Board
Saracens - DeBeers
Wasps - Rentokil
Worcester Warriors - Lea & Perrins Sauce

Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 10:10
Monkey -superb!!

London_Falcon (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 10:41
re Saints game - so Falcons could be sponsored by Church of England whilst Saints are sponsored by Church's of England.... nice

https://az820690.vo.msecnd.net/media/4045/dna-churchs.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net