rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Saturday 4th November v Wasps at Ricoh Arena, 3.00pm (Anglo Welsh)

Last result: Bordeaux Begles 20-21 Newcastle Falcons

Wilson out of Eng training squad
Trebor1892 (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 09:39
after his performances in Argentina I am surprised!

Re: Wilson out of Eng training squad
mannin (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 09:49
Lots of big names out. You can definitely see how he's trying to shape the squad.

CSGG (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 10:37
Would have had him there over Curry, Robshaw and Underhill.

dick g (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 10:37
England's loss in our gain.

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 11:00
Some interesting decisions there. smiling smiley

Benpj17 (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 11:01
Curry and Underhill are two young lads who I can imagine the England coaches want to have a closer look at going forward to 2019 also robshaw adds the experience in the back row at the international level, I think the likes of kruis and Haskell are more of a shock exclusion than Wilson

lizard118 (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 11:35
Can agree re-Kruis but not Haskell. Wilson has been the form blindside in the AP imo, and therefore very unlucky not to be selected. But I'm sure he will play himself into that team.

mannin (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 11:53
I don't think Wilson can be called the form 6 in the competition after the 3 games we've been involved in. Robshaw is absolutely vital to the way the England team works and will always be first choice while fit.

Kwa444 (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 12:17
Haskell and Kruis are only just back from injury so not a surprise.

The backs surprised me more. We have named a plethora of 10s (though some are considered 12 even though they don't play for their clubs there). We seem to only have 3 centres who actually play continuously in that position - Slade, Daly and Te'o. Although Slade plays around the backline and Daly has previously only been selected by England on the wing......

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 12:21
Surprised Sam Simmonds hasn't been given a chance been class this season. smiling smiley

lizard118 (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 16:21
Quote:
mannin
I don't think Wilson can be called the form 6 in the competition after the 3 games we've been involved in. Robshaw is absolutely vital to the way the England team works and will always be first choice while fit.
I should've been more obvious. I meant to say over the past year.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 17:44
These are just training squads...players at all different stages of their careers get the once over and given additional things to work on alongside their club instructions....

New youngsters coming through, players on the fringe and old regulars...

It means nothing that he's not in the squad....plenty of others aren't in...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net