rugbyunion
Latest News:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc... should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go elsewhere - any spamming will be deleted.

Next match

Next two matches

Saturday 21st October v Bordeaux-Begles at Stade Chaban-Delmas, 5.30pm (UK time)

Sunday 29th October v Leicester Tigers at Kingston Park, 3.00pm

Last result: Newcastle Falcons 32-27 Dragons

The Rugby Paper
pa8 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 09:30
Has an article on Santi Socino together with other snippets on the gossip page, namely Bordeaux having made enqs about Niki Goneva for next season and the possible addition of Dorian West to the coaching team.

Re: The Rugby Paper
NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 10:53
I hope we could keep Goneva. He's still a class act but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to move to Bordeaux, lovely place and would probably get a final pay day.

GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 11:43
I actually questioned why we first signed Goneva at the time....an old past it ...

Lol shows I know feck all ha ha ha

He's class! Hopefully the kids in the academy like Radwan are learning all they can from him . But you can't replace someone of his size , pace and just rugby instinct easily!

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 11:46
Dorian west would be a great addition to the coaching team

trummy200 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 11:49
Goneva - Tigers have not had a better wing since he left them

AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 12:20
Would be sad if he went but then it could be one last pay day for him. smiling smiley

pa8 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 12:39
I'd hate to lose him but I suppose with him about to turn 34, he might be looking for a well earned payday - it might depend on which cup we're in next season.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 19:16
[quote trummy200]Goneva - Tigers have not had a better wing since he left them[/quote
Not quite how we might see it, May is an inspired signing, we haven't had a speedster with his poachers instinct since Varndell and May can also tackle better than Tom did.

Barrington (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 20:14
Watching the highlights. I noticed audible booing as Hodgson went for his conversion. Fine with me but there was a lot of talk on here the other week about ‘us’ booing a conversion and how much of a poor show it was.

I think people had blamed part time supporters and ‘football’ people being at the match (amongst other things).

Goes to show that it happens everywhere and not just us Northern luddities.

Arrggghh - this has posted onto the wrong thread, sorry!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/09/2017 21:36 by Barrington.

Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 20:17
[quote tigerburnie][quote trummy200]Goneva - Tigers have not had a better wing since he left them[/quote
Not quite how we might see it, May is an inspired signing, we haven't had a speedster with his poachers instinct since Varndell and May can also tackle better than Tom did.[/quote]

Tackle better than varndell that's not hard, I think the tigers need and explosive wing again like goneva/tuilagi.

mannin (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 21:23
Don't think you can get more explosive than May.

trummy200 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 23:29
Should have qualified that with - until this year

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net